Arborvitae attribute indicator

Wetwipes

I don't know how to do this, but I'd like to request consideration for an attribute that can be added to caches indicating that it is in an arborvitae bush/tree/maze so that I can eliminate those from caches I seek. In my area they are very popular and I loathe them.

My two cents.

Wetwipes

I don't think you are going to get much support here. The comments about power trails or challenge caches which there are more of than your situation have generally been pretty mixed.

I can't imagine that there are that many that you can't put them on your ignore list when you come across them.

Edited by Walts Hunting

Thinking about it a bit more, a more generic attribute might work. I'm not sure what is so unpleasant about arborvitae though. It doesn't seem to have thorns thorn-yes.gif, and it doesn't seem to be poisonous poisonoak-yes.gif, so the existing attributes probably don't apply. But maybe if there is some other characteristic, then maybe an attribute could be created for that characteristic. Especially if that characteristic is found in plants common in various places around the world.

Edited by niraD

What about an attribute for caches that some people might not like? Then this could be used for churchmicros, nanos in general, arbovitae hides, powertrails, urban caches, substantial hikes, skirt lifters, etc... :yikes:

Then 10 people use the same attribute on 10 caches each. Each person hides a different style. I would then miss out on 90 caches because I don't want to find just 10 of them.

The problems with attributes is they only work if actually used, and that with 2.3 million caches, there are thousands of potential attributes.

My solution is to just not look for the ones I don't want to find. Read the descriptions- which you should do anyway, before you find the cache. With the capability of holding tens thousands of caches, a dozen or so in your GPS that you don't want won't make a difference. You can also delete those you don't want, and add them to your ignore list. Ya it's a bit of extra work, but you really can't expect everything to be handed to you.

Edited by T.D.M.22

What about an attribute for caches that some people might not like? Then this could be used for churchmicros, nanos in general, arbovitae hides, powertrails, urban caches, substantial hikes, skirt lifters, etc... :yikes:

I think that's a great idea - it could be applied to every single cache published - maybe even as a deafult option - and everyone would be fully forewarned that they might not like the cache :D

I don't know how to do this, but I'd like to request consideration for an attribute that can be added to caches indicating that it is in an arborvitae bush/tree/maze so that I can eliminate those from caches I seek. In my area they are very popular and I loathe them.

My two cents.

Wetwipes

If you ignored two cachers in your area you could get rid of 90% of the arborvitae hides.

Edited by FunnyNose

I think that's a great idea - it could be applied to every single cache published - maybe even as a deafult option - and everyone would be fully forewarned that they might not like the cache :D

Woohoo, you understand what I'm trying to say :laughing:

Mrs. terratin

Arbovitae! Blech! :D I've yet to see an arbovitae maze, but when I approach GZ and I realize that the cache is probably hidden in that row of arbovitae over there, I sigh because I know this is probably going to be another DNF.

I don't know why arbovitae should be any more difficult than any other thick bush, but I sure have a tough time with them. I just searched a row of them (for maybe the 5th time) the other day - no luck yet on that one. But, then again the cache might not even be in the arbovitae. :)