Recommend a cache in NH/MA/RI area

Mikey Walnuts

Hey ya'll! I could really use some help picking out a cache for my 100th find. I will be going to find it on Friday afternoon and this will also be my 3rd date with this girl I've really been digging (and yes our first date was a caching date!). So, yeah, I really want this one to be memorable!

So, some background to help you get an idea of what I like:

-We are both 24 years old

-I much prefer rural caches over urban

-Ammo cans and lock n' locks are my best friends

-I have not done any sea coast caches, which is wicked weird for a proud Rhode Islander

-A nice <5 mile hike is always nice

-A history lesson behind a cache is always welcome

So if anybody could help me pick a memorable cache within an hour and a half drive from Framingham Mass I would be eternally grateful to you! I would preferably go north toward New Hampshire or Vermont, but I would be happy with a MA or RI cache if it's really memorable.

Hey ya'll! I could really use some help picking out a cache for my 100th find. I will be going to find it on Friday afternoon and this will also be my 3rd date with this girl I've really been digging (and yes our first date was a caching date!). So, yeah, I really want this one to be memorable!

So, some background to help you get an idea of what I like:

-We are both 24 years old

-I much prefer rural caches over urban

-Ammo cans and lock n' locks are my best friends

-I have not done any sea coast caches, which is wicked weird for a proud Rhode Islander

-A nice <5 mile hike is always nice

-A history lesson behind a cache is always welcome

So if anybody could help me pick a memorable cache within an hour and a half drive from Framingham Mass I would be eternally grateful to you! I would preferably go north toward New Hampshire or Vermont, but I would be happy with a MA or RI cache if it's really memorable.

http://coord.info/GC4B19

Just under 5 mile hike with great views, was an ammo can 10+ years ago when I found it.

Also has several other caches around.

Head west on the pike for a few exits, then head north on 91 to Holyoke for a wicked awesome hike on Mt Tom.

There are several traditional hides on the trails, this one is at the summit, but I am partial to the view from this one. On a clear day you can see halfway back to Framingham. You can also find a virtual with some excellent albeit sad history, and a pretty cool Earthcache nearby with some real ancient history for a bonus. Then head up Rt 5 into Northampton and choose from a wide variety of excellent small locally owned restaurants, pubs, and clubs to finish off the date.

Sorry for the late reply everybody!I've been swamped at work and haven't had a moment to log on. I ended up going to Mount Monadnock with the lady friend and had a great time! Unfortunately though she had work until 3 and reaching the summit would've meant that we would have to hike back in the dark, so we only ended up going halfway up. So that means Cache #100 is delayed for another couple days.

I want to thank you all for your suggestions and they are all written down so I can get to them sometime this year. It's going to be a busy summer of caching for me!