Distance To Finds

Well where do I start! I was doing the Berry Copice series and I arrived at GZ for the bonus and searched the hint item revealing nothing but an old dog toy, so widened search area and still found nothing despite 30 minutes of searching so gave up. Walking back we spotted another hint item and...YES THERE WAS THE CACHE!!! A full 320 feet away from GZ! We must of wrote a number down wrong! Glad to of finally found it! So my question is how far away have you found a cache from GZ?

Well where do I start! I was doing the Berry Copice series and I arrived at GZ for the bonus and searched the hint item revealing nothing but an old dog toy, so widened search area and still found nothing despite 30 minutes of searching so gave up. Walking back we spotted another hint item and...YES THERE WAS THE CACHE!!! A full 320 feet away from GZ! We must of wrote a number down wrong! Glad to of finally found it! So my question is how far away have you found a cache from GZ?

Over a mile.

A cache had been archived before I started caching due to a muggling. Several years later I found the container in the conservation area but about a mile away. Still had the log book, so I logged the find and got the cache back to the original owner.

76 miles.

Well, ok, it's not quite what you meant. But I once found two cache containers at a location and, after spending some time matching up signatures in the paper log to online logs, was able to figure out that the second container actually belonged 76 miles north. :)

Over 17 miles. It turns out there was a mistake on the formula for the final of a new multi - the CO had used the same decimal number for both lat and lon (47 10.(math) 122 10.(math) instead of 47 25.(math)). Using the same decimal as the beginning put the final about 300 feet from the nice warm car I was doing the work in - 22 degrees is too cold to stand outside doing arithmatic.