Nuvi help, uploading caches

Discombob

Hi guys, I posted this in the technology forums, but didn't have any luck, any GPS tech gurus here able to help me before my Sa trip ?

-----------------------------

About 2 years ago, I used to use Pilotsnipes Macro with GSAK to upload caches to my nuvi 255.

I have not used my nuvi for 2 years, and need to use it again now.

I can't seem to find pilotsnipes on the net anywhere, and have read many forums which indicate its not available.

From what I can gather, we can now just use GSAK directly, by going to GPS > SEND WAYPOINTS. (as per http://www.atlanticgeocaching.com/index.php/2012-03-05-22-43-59/articles-a-tutorials/8-how-to-upload-waypoints-with-gsak)

I have added my nuvi to GSAK, and none of the points get uploaded - GSAK does not give any message if it was successful or not, although the loading does seem to finish successfully.

Could this be because my GPS is full of waypoints from my last trip? Does it not delete them and replace them with the new ones?

Any advice on how to upload the caches, or what I might be doing wrong?

Hi guys, I posted this in the technology forums, but didn't have any luck, any GPS tech gurus here able to help me before my Sa trip ?

-----------------------------

About 2 years ago, I used to use Pilotsnipes Macro with GSAK to upload caches to my nuvi 255.

I have not used my nuvi for 2 years, and need to use it again now.

I can't seem to find pilotsnipes on the net anywhere, and have read many forums which indicate its not available.

From what I can gather, we can now just use GSAK directly, by going to GPS > SEND WAYPOINTS. (as per http://www.atlanticg...oints-with-gsak)

I have added my nuvi to GSAK, and none of the points get uploaded - GSAK does not give any message if it was successful or not, although the loading does seem to finish successfully.

Could this be because my GPS is full of waypoints from my last trip? Does it not delete them and replace them with the new ones?

Any advice on how to upload the caches, or what I might be doing wrong?

Hey Bob

The only thing you seem to have done wrong is lose the macro!!!!! I have the pilotsnipes macro and another one that was newer. I will email you the macros when I am home - I have a 200 but I am sure it will work for you 255 as well

As for using GSAK direct I don't know about that - but the pilotsnipes is tried and tested

If you have not heard from me feel free to ping me direct as a reminder

Trev

Thanks Trevor, what a champ! :rolleyes:

Do you have a link which explains how to use it? I can't remember anything!

The reason I lost it, is that I got a new computer, and when I installed it on my new one 2 years ago, it didn't seem to work anymore, so I hope it works now !