"Send to GPS" malfunction

TK7464

The "Send to GPS" function doesn't seem to be working on the maps page. It says "Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected" (I do have the most current Plugin)

However, When I go to the cache page itself the "Send to GPS" works normally.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

I had the same problem last week with IE and my new gpsmap 62st. Fiddling with IE did not work for me. Neither did google chrome. This is what finally worked for me...

I uninstalled the plugin, connected the gps and opened SAFARI. From geocaching.com, I tried to download one cache and it told me I needed the plug-in. I re-downloaded the plugin, followed the on screen directions and it worked!! This was on a PC running MS Vista.

Good Luck. I know it is frustrating.

I get a different error when trying to copy gpx files from the GC map to my device. The little Send To GPS window opens ok and it finds my Oregon 450t ok, but when I try to download it I get the following error: "Plugin error: source: GPXEX_DOCUMENTFACTORY.CPP, line: 247". My laptop has Windows 8 and I've tried both IE11 and Google Chrome. The Garmin website also tells me my device is up to update. Has anyone encountered this?

Edited by Geo-JAMR

I'm having much the same problem. I just hard to reformat my computer. It came with Windows Vista & a free upgrade to Windows 7 When it was released. When I upgraded to Win 7 it locked up all the time so I went back to Vista. & used it for years. Now that I have reformatted & upgraded to Win 7 I can't get anything to load to my GPS from Geocaching.com. I says "Garmin Communicator Not Detected. I have the latest Garmin Communicator installed & it recognizes my GPS. But every time I try to send a cache to my GPS geocaching.com still says it's there & wants to to reinstall it. But when I try to reinstall Garmin says I have the latest version. I tried the compatibly fix above & nothing has changed. I even tried using Google Chrome & still the same thing. Any suggestions? I'm going crazy here! Thanks!

I also had the same issues with my Garmin despite the latest Plugin

I'm using WIN7 and IE11

In Internet Explorer go into TOOLS - COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTING. Add geocaching.com (NOT Groundspeak.com) and all was working again fine when I reopened Internet Explorer.

Give it a try

I also had the same issues with my Garmin despite the latest Plugin

I'm using WIN7 and IE11

In Internet Explorer go into TOOLS - COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTING. Add geocaching.com (NOT Groundspeak.com) and all was working again fine when I reopened Internet Explorer.

Give it a try

Wow!! THANK YOU! I've been trying everything under the sun all day. How frustrating. I've called Garmin Customer Service five times but made no progress. This worked, so I can now get back outside and go caching!