What if there is a user I suspect of stealing trackables?

Nocturnx

There is a user I suspect may be stealing trackables. I first noticed when a trackable was left at my cache and then this person visited it before I went out to check it and the trackable was gone. Then I checked their history and noticed it seems they mostly go to larger caches and caches that have trackables. Then there are reports of missing trackables right after this user has logged a found it on some of the caches. This user has never posted in the forum and only leaves "Tftc" in logs. Probably a noob smartphone user... Am I just being paranoid? Is there anything that can be done? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post their name but look at my cache and this cache and I'm sure you'll have an idea.

Edited by Nocturnx

Contact them and ask them if they plan on moving it on, if they don't pass it on report them to Groundspeak.

No. The CO said it, "suspects" that means there is no proof. Anyway if they want them bad enough they'll make new accounts, and other things to get around any "punishment"

Cache size comment is irrelevant because it appears that the cacher is fairly new and new cachers are often encouraged to find the larger caches before going on to find the micros, and because they are larger these caches are more likely to hold a trackable.

It may be that they are targeting the larger caches as advised but do not know how to treat trackables and take them as swag.

If I was taking trackables to keep, the last thing I would do is leave a log of any kind to say I had been at the cache!

I didn't say they were smart lol. But your probably right that it is just a noob that doesn't know how to log trackables. I don't see that they signed the physical cache log either.

It may be that they are targeting the larger caches as advised but do not know how to treat trackables and take them as swag.

I believe that is the definition of stealing trackables...although it may be unintentional. I guess i'll leave it up to the owners of the trackables to contact them if they feel it necessary.