Montana650

I have recently downloaded city navigator into my Montana 650, when I try and change from automotive to geocaching my GPS is still routing on roads (driving directions). I cant figure out how to change it back and forth from automotive to geocaching. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently downloaded city navigator into my Montana 650, when I try and change from automotive to geocaching my GPS is still routing on roads (driving directions). I cant figure out how to change it back and forth from automotive to geocaching. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I set up different profiles and use shortcuts to switch between them. One for automotive use and one for direct routing. For direct routing I set the options through setup and routing.

That works. Use the Automotive Profile to get to the parking spot. Then switch to one that doesn't. I use the Geocaching profile for that. It has the same maps but direct routing. You can setup shortcuts and put them on the main menu or one of the drawers to make it one click.

The Automotive has Lock on Road set. Make sure you unset that in whatever profile you use.

Another way would be two shortcuts.

Direct Routing

Automotive Routing.

Put them on the main menu or a drawer for one click change.

Edited by Walts Hunting

If you change profiles in the middle of active routing, the routing doesn't change. In some ways that's nice. OSM has some trails on it, so you could be on your automotive profile with OSM and route along a trail, then switch to your hiking profile without a routable map, but still have the routing along the trail. For geocaching, I understand how this can be less useful.

I have two geocaching profiles: one for when I'm driving, and one for when I'm not. When I'm driving, the map is a routable map that gets me to (or close to) to the geocache. When I get out of the car, rather than switch profiles, I just switch routing options:

Where to? > Change route activity > Direct Routing.

This temporarily changes the routing to Direct, but does not change the default method set in the profile. So after I find the cache, I'll be routed along roads to the next one.

Granted, this is on an Oregon 450, so I'm assuming that this same workflow still exists on the 650.

Edited by mineral2