Indy Caches

M-D-M Explorations

Dogma and I will be going to Indianapolis this weekend for Mother's Day. We were wondering if someone can recommend some of the easier caches that do not require much walking (we will be making a family affair of it and one person is in a wheel chair). Seems we got the family hooked on the idea from talking about our adventures so far and now they want to give it a try as well.

I stuck my foot in it by telling them there are all kinds of caches that a person with limited physical condition can enjoy. If worse comes to worse I can take them on a hunt for a number of qualifying virtual caches but would rather do something that will help show them what the GPS can do.

Thanks ahead for any ideas.

MrSki and Dogma

M-D-M Explorations

Ye Olde Watering Hole is in a park with paths and the cache is 15 feet or so off the trail.

Carmelot is a tough micro to find but is in a park. It is a flat grass field of maybe 100' from the parking lot to the cache.

Monon #1 is a dirt trail right off the (paved) Monon Trail. The cache is 5 feet from the dirt trail.

Monon #2 is a little tougher but right nearby. I doubt you could get a wheelchair to this one. It is easy and the cache is just 5 feet off the dirt path too.

JAG003 is missing but the rock is was hidden next too is still there and is very easy to get too.

Rest in Peace is a little north but accessible with a wheelchair. You can park within 25 feet of the cache.

Disclaimer: I have never taken anyone anywhere in a wheelchair so I could be full of it. icon_biggrin.gif

The best things in life are not things...

Ye Olde Watering Hole is in a park with paths and the cache is 15 feet or so off the trail.

Carmelot is a tough micro to find but is in a park. It is a flat grass field of maybe 100' from the parking lot to the cache.

Monon #1 is a dirt trail right off the (paved) Monon Trail. The cache is 5 feet from the dirt trail.

Monon #2 is a little tougher but right nearby. I doubt you could get a wheelchair to this one. It is easy and the cache is just 5 feet off the dirt path too.

JAG003 is missing but the rock is was hidden next too is still there and is very easy to get too.

Rest in Peace is a little north but accessible with a wheelchair. You can park within 25 feet of the cache.

Disclaimer: I have never taken anyone anywhere in a wheelchair so I could be full of it. icon_biggrin.gif

Given the week of rain and flooding everywhere, it was a horrible (Mother's Day) weekend for Geocaching.

I was planning on doing 2 on Sunday but when we got near the site, it was raning so hard, we couldn't even see to drive so I just continued home at a snails pace.

Now Open... http://www.geoindiana.com <-Click It! You know you want to!