When will my Geocache be published?

Jaws2817

Are you sure you submitted the listing, not just saved it? Did the reviewer leave you a note? Check the cache page to see. Did you read and understand the guidelines? The answer to that one is no, because if you did, you would know it could take up to 7 days....

Ad you've found seven caches, and at most one before you hid yours. Do you really know what you're doing? Do you know what makes a good cache and what doesn't? Did you read the guidelines? Go read them.

This is my first Geocache and it's been almost 5 days since I've put it online it's all set up and ready to be found. Please help

First of all, welcome to the game - I appreciate you are asking for assistance and hopefully I can offer guidance that will set you off on the right foot to enjoy your future caching experiences!

During the cache listing process/screens, you *should* have encountered a screen that outlined the possibility of at least a 7 day wait between when your cache listing was submitted -and when it usually Reviewed.

My suggestion is to sit tight, in eager anticipation!

If there are any issues with your listing, one of the Reviewer team responsible for your area will let you know by posting a Reviewer Note on your listing, which will automatically be emailed to you (so it's always a good idea to check your Junk/Spam Folder, just in case).

The Groundspeak Help Centre has an article on this topic - it can be found here -> http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=403

That should have the info you are looking for; my signature line below also has a link to other helpful resources.

CacheShadow

You submitted your cache for review on March 31st. Today is April 3rd.

Your reviewer responded with a question on April 1st and I see you answered that question by adding a description about how your cache is in the trees by the train tracks. Just a guess, but the reviewer may now be considering whether to question you about the railroads guideline.

So how exactly has it been five days?

I'm with TDM on this one....you found one cache before you decided to hide one. Are you sure you know what you're doing? Your cache may not have been published yet because of a problem with the listing. Possibly the proximity to railroad tracks as Keystone alluded to.

There are some guidelines that apply to hiding Geocaches, which you can learn about by actually reading the guidelines. Then there are some general good-to-know things (like using a decent container, what makes a good hide vs. a crappy one, etc.), that you will only learn through going out and finding a bunch of caches. Also that owning a Geocache is a long-term commitment. Are you sure you're still going to be playing this game next week, next month, next year?