Does anyone in here document their geocaching adventures?

I have seen a few Instagram accounts that are for geocaching and even some Youtube videos. Does anyone here share things publicly? What are your thoughts on this? I take pictures of every cache I find.

I write something about every cache I find-there's even a spot on the cache page for that. A lot of people think it's to put TFTC on :ph34r:

I have seen a few Instagram accounts that are for geocaching and even some Youtube videos. Does anyone here share things publicly? What are your thoughts on this? I take pictures of every cache I find.

I write something about every cache I find-there's even a spot on the cache page for that. A lot of people think it's to put TFTC on :ph34r:

:laughing:

I was wondering why there was so much room allowed on that log page. :ph34r:

I like your pictures, and as a cache owner I appreciate that you keep pictures of the caches In your "notebook" and off the cache page. Thanks for that.

Thanks. I thought it might be a "bad" idea to post my pictures. Someone could easily cheat, but I think if someone is willing to work that hard to ruin the game for themselves then they don't understand the true reason behind geocaching. I like posting pictures, on cache pages, that don't give anything away. Mainly to show the CO I had a nice enough experience to share it with them/others

Hahahaha I try to be constructive and detailed in my logs. Sometimes it is hard if they are micro/nano easy grabs. I'm getting tired of those

Cool!

I have a blog, but I haven't posted to it in a long while.

I am looking through it right now. Haven't posted anything since 2011....wow. I havent heard of geoswag.com, thanks for the reference

I'm so sad, lol.

Why dont you start posting on it again?

Cool!

I am looking through it right now. Haven't posted anything since 2011....wow. I havent heard of geoswag.com, thanks for the reference

I'm so sad, lol.

Why dont you start posting on it again?

I should, shouldn't I? :laughing: I'm not the disciplined sort, unfortunately. Gotta get back in the habit. :P

I threw this together a few weeks back-- hadn't really played with iMovie before. There are a few spoilers I suppose.

I threw this together a few weeks back-- hadn't really played with iMovie before. There are a few spoilers I suppose.

Very impressive! Cute kids :)

Putting the very obvious spoiler photographs to one side - I reckon the people who worked hard putting together those caching experiences for you to find would value in return some of that content in the form of found logs on their cache pages rather than the very short logs you seem to post in return for their efforts... although I didn't read all of your found logs admittedly :)

Cool!

I'm so sad, lol.

That's just the nature of ALL blogging, not just geocaching. I see you have a long list of "other blogs" on the sidebar. I'll bet if you went through every one, you'd find 95% haven't been posted to in over 2 years either. :ph34r: If it's any consolation, seeing as yours is a blogger.com blog, and blogger.com blogs are practically invisible to the search engine of Google, their own parent company, no one has seen nor heard about your blog in 3 years either. :)

There are other types of Geocaching blogs, informational, and General interest for example, but if the OP is looking for people who document their Geocaching Adventures via blogging, I do have a 5 or 6 highly active such blogs bookmarked on another computer, I'll have to edit later.

EDIT: Wouldn't you know, a few I had bookmarked haven't been posted to in over 6 months, so I only have 4. :) However, if you look at the sidebars of cachecrazy.com or Andean Trekker, they have several I didn't know about. They are in order of most recently posted to on those blog sidebars.

Peanuts or Pretzels Jet setting Geocaching couple from Georgia.

Only Googlebot reads this blog The adventures of a boy named Dave. Not 100% Geocaching, but mostly.

cachecrazy.com Posted to multiple times a week by multiple posters.

Andean TrekkerRetired guy from North Carolina who posts a couple times a month.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

I used to post pictures in various caching groups on Flickr, but at the time they were not getting that much activity. I am not as interested in photographs of caching as much as photographs taken while caching - and I am so far behind with uploading to my Flickr account that I have not looked at the caching groups there in quite a while. My gallery on this site is enough for me, but I also record the Adventures of Aura Raines which probably has more to do with caching than anything else - such as a parody of the original Ms. Rhanes - but it is rather an obscure reference.

I share my adventures publicly, yes -- on thousands of cache pages. That's my blog, though admittedly it's a bit scattered. Every story is indirectly a thank you to the cache owner.

It got me thinking... Is it about me, or about the caches & places I visit?

I think it's the latter, hence that's where I tell the stories.

Edited by Viajero Perdido

I tried the "Post to Facebook" feature.... my facebook friends who do not have a geocache account did not appreciate it. They did not get the whole story.

As far as blogging, it would be nice to have a feed from my logs to by blog. Since I use up all my literary creativity on my logs, by blog has suffered. There is a gsak macro PrintDiary that might be a starting point. It just consolidates your logs into one text. It may be great for when I write my memoirs, but for now it needs work.

I tried the "Post to Facebook" feature....

It can be rather annoying, especially when one of your Faceybook 'friends' is engaged in a power run. Gobs of posts worded to the effect of, "BillyBobNosePicker found Lame Cache Run # 639", repeated ad-nauseum. I like to post my adventures as Faceybook photo albums, instead. When I log my find(s), I use a blog style format, covering the whole adventure.

I log my adventures on this website and take photos for my gallery. That's how I document my caching and it's there for the world to see if they are interested. I never saw the need to duplicate my efforts in a blog or elsewhere, the only exception being a Youtube where I have a good portion of caching videos.

I log my adventures on this website and take photos for my gallery. That's how I document my caching and it's there for the world to see if they are interested. I never saw the need to duplicate my efforts in a blog or elsewhere.

+1.

I've written nearly 700,000 non-copy and paste words (more than eleven adult-length novels worth) and posted nearly 4000 photos during the past decade. That doesn't count the words in TB moves and epic DNF logs. After all that effort, I don't feel the need to do it all over.

I found my first cache less than ten days ago, but as I've been taking photos as a hobby for several years I've found the camera really valuable when there are people around and I'm trying not to look suspicious... so I've taken photos at several cache sites. Most of them I've uploaded here, to my logs, but I'm keeping them in a caching set on Flickr too. Does this work? Haven't added a link here before...

Edited by Vindaloo2867

I found my first cache less than ten days ago, but as I've been taking photos as a hobby for several years I've found the camera really valuable when there are people around and I'm trying not to look suspicious... so I've taken photos at several cache sites. Most of them I've uploaded here, to my logs, but I'm keeping them in a caching set on Flickr too. Does this work? Haven't added a link here before...

Looks good, nice pictures. I used to use flickr a lot, but haven't as much recently.

I used to actively maintain blogs on storytelling and birding. That kind of died out, but the birding one led to an online friendship with another birder who has great vision. (She is even featured in one of the caches I put out that was a storyteller's hoot to write up). She has just started up a multi-author blog for women with all kinds of outdoor interests and I was honored to be asked to be the geocaching girl. My first offering posted there yesterday. There will be more. I like the multifaceted aspect of this blog venture, because as cachers, we make other discoveries and many of my colleagues have insights to share about those kind of things.

http://www.ladieslovenature.com/2014/04/aimless-wandering-with-gpsr-in-hand.html

Maybe my long response to your question also reveals that storyteller persona! <_<

Up until this point, our only documenting has been to write nice logs and there are plenty of photos as well. I also find that book of faces thing annoying and have not used that, although I think Trekkin' did a couple times accidentally. With this new blogging venture, since there are many of us involved, I don't feel the same pressure I did to keep up my other two. I know they both had good followings and one even made a list for a major metro paper's article on great birding blogs, so I feel kind of bad that I've let is slip.

Edited by Trekkin' and birdin'

I "attempt" to keep my blog up and runnig for it, but i only post great views and exciting finds, i have 600+ finds now an d only maybe 30 posted but i also took some down because they were hints/spoilers most i try not to post with the area, so users cant use my blog to their advantages, but check it out if you'd like www.charlesfmuntz.tumblr.com and as another poster here stated about flickr that makes me want to go get mine back up and running!!!!

I had a blog called Electricaching for a while, documenting my attempts to complete a geographic challenge cache using only my Leaf (an electric car) with its limited range. That ran its course so I don't do that one any more. I have another blog (see my sig line) now, but it rarely discusses geocaching because I want it to be of general interest. I have some geocaching videos made with my drone (e.g.

) and of course the Cliff Knowles novels Cached Out, Fatal Dose, and Death Row document geocaching through fiction, but many of the caching scenes or puzzles are taken directly from my own caching experience.