Summer weekend multi-cache picnic

Cleveland Metroparks

Cleveland Metroparks is planning a Summer Weekend Multi-Cache Picnic. The idea is that 4 clues will need to be found within Cleveland Metroparks(the mulit-cache part) to find the time and location of the picnic on Sunday afternoon. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to make this a fun and exciting activity, I would love the input. This is the first activity of this kind that I am planning. Thank you for your help. I can be reached by e-mail at geocaching@clevelandmetroparks.com.

--Carly Martin, Naturalist, Cleveland Metroparks.

I was thinking about putting together something similiar myself. I am really new to the whole geocaching thing (3 finds/1 hide), but I find the hobby really cool and appreciate the what the Metroparks is doing to promote it. Count me in for a summer picnic.

It is truely AWESOME our very own emerald neckalce of the clevenald metroparks is this into caching! I would be into doing anything I can to assist in this cache hunt spectacular!!

If there are other clevelanders in the area that are into assisting .. perhaps post here and we could all get together to discuss and brainstorm the whole concept!

I guess I am going to be needing to fetch some permits for some caches at Euclid Creek soon, as the team is in the formative process on these.. see my forum post on Themed Caches for more info!

Also Carly FYI.. you probably know this but just in case... you should pick a solid date if you have not already for this and get it up on the site... i believe if you list it as and event cache or something along those lines now.. it will go out to all who have subscribed to be notified about local caches. This would allow all to plan ahead!

Man.. I am kind of psyched up that amoungst all the negitivity regarding the reception of geocaching amoungst park management... there is a ray of hope and its in my back yard (well almost.. its actuall down S. Green Rd. about 1.5 miles) wOO hOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<-T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0->

S [] U T |-| 3 U < |_ i D [] |-| | []

It is truely AWESOME our very own emerald neckalce of the clevenald metroparks is this into caching! I would be into doing anything I can to assist in this cache hunt spectacular!!

If there are other clevelanders in the area that are into assisting .. perhaps post here and we could all get together to discuss and brainstorm the whole concept!

I guess I am going to be needing to fetch some permits for some caches at Euclid Creek soon, as the team is in the formative process on these.. see my forum post on Themed Caches for more info!

Also Carly FYI.. you probably know this but just in case... you should pick a solid date if you have not already for this and get it up on the site... i believe if you list it as and event cache or something along those lines now.. it will go out to all who have subscribed to be notified about local caches. This would allow all to plan ahead!

Man.. I am kind of psyched up that amoungst all the negitivity regarding the reception of geocaching amoungst park management... there is a ray of hope and its in my back yard (well almost.. its actuall down S. Green Rd. about 1.5 miles) wOO hOO

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I propose that any and all interested northern ohio geocachers get together and assist Carly and the Cleveland Metroparks with this one. As I mentioned before Team Bandito is in!

Shoudnt this be listed as an event cache.... the event for sure asap and the planning meeting as well.. !!!

I will try and spread the word to other cache commando's ;-) as well.