Any Eastern Ohio Geocachers out there?

61CJ5

Hello,

Is there any Eastern Ohio Geocachers out there? I am from Steubenville. And, was wondering, if there is any body else that is close to me that would like to start a geocaching club? And, what would I have to start a geocaching club?

Thanks,

Chris

Why cant my sucess be as spectacular as my failures

Admittedly, Cleveland is a good distance from Steubenville, but we welcome anyone from NorthEast/East Ohio and NW PA and central Ohio to join the NEOGeocachers group on yahoo...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEOGeocachers

i'm from trumbull county originally and am quite interested in caching news from the TriState area, but admittedly our yahoo group and our planning meeting the 16th is more Cleveland Lake Erie lakeshore oriented.

If you find enough interest from other Yotown area cachers, you could form a yahoo group of your own, or find some place to get together

Good luck...

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

Thanks for the link Sherwood. Ya, Clevland is pretty far away. I just wish that I could find some people closer to me. Also that has more experience then me. If I could make it to Cleveland(Isnt there some sort of meeting taking place?)I would be there. But, I got college and work.

Thanks,

Chris

Why cant my sucess be as spectacular as my failures

quote:
Originally posted by 61CJ5:

And, what would I have to start a geocaching club?

I'd start with a big, heavy stick. Maybe something wrapped around the handle to improve grip. A protruding spike or two would also be useful.

But why do you need a club, most of us use a hiking stick.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

Send a letter to your newspaper to get them interested in Geocaching. It would make easy filler for them for a day when news is slow. There are 50 or so articles already posted on the site from newspapers that can be used as examples. Set up an email address for people to contact you with just for a caching club and try to get them to include that in any articles they might do.

Also, look around the area for people who have visited caches in the area on differant days or weekends. Email them personally and see what happens. If there aren't any caches in the area, make some. Even if they're easy finds, you'll be able to see who's around.

Good luck.