Entering multiple coordinates

Team-Facetious

You will have to key them in (or paste) at some point and I don't think that can be automated. You can go to each one and click the little pencil and paste them correct into the dialog box. That way they will be recorded forever although they apparently don't show on the map at the new place.

You have GSAK, after putting them in use the api call (NOT A PQ) to put them in the database they will show as corrected and you can even put a special marker in front of each one when downloaded to your Garmin. Generating a Mapsource/BaseCamp from there will show them in the new location.

You might ask over on the gsak forum if your current file (whatever) can be imported in and make the correction. Make sure you give all the info on what form it is in.

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the advice.

You will have to key them in (or paste) at some point and I don't think that can be automated. You can go to each one and click the little pencil and paste them correct into the dialog box. That way they will be recorded forever although they apparently don't show on the map at the new place.

You have GSAK, after putting them in use the api call (NOT A PQ) to put them in the database they will show as corrected and you can even put a special marker in front of each one when downloaded to your Garmin. Generating a Mapsource/BaseCamp from there will show them in the new location.

You might ask over on the gsak forum if your current file (whatever) can be imported in and make the correction. Make sure you give all the info on what form it is in.

I should have known someone would have already done a macro. I guess the loc file will fill your needs but you could have made the bookmark list a pq and gotten the gpx file.

I will need to run the bookmark list into a PQ and load into GSAK. However, I still need something in a CSV format to run in the macro to update the coords. This is where my .loc file possibly helped? Opening this in excel provided me with the GC Code, Lat, and Long that just need updated with the new coord information and re-saved as a csv file. Or am I making this WAY to hard on myself? Either way it seems like a lot of copy/pasting but it's better than pushing a button, marking a way point, and changing the coords all on my GPS screen.

I should have known someone would have already done a macro. I guess the loc file will fill your needs but you could have made the bookmark list a pq and gotten the gpx file.

I will need to run the bookmark list into a PQ and load into GSAK. However, I still need something in a CSV format to run in the macro to update the coords. This is where my .loc file possibly helped? Opening this in excel provided me with the GC Code, Lat, and Long that just need updated with the new coord information and re-saved as a csv file. Or am I making this WAY to hard on myself? Either way it seems like a lot of copy/pasting but it's better than pushing a button, marking a way point, and changing the coords all on my GPS screen.

Plus once you get it into GSAK it is forever. I knew you would have to at some point type'/paste them.