Bristol Caching

With over 500 caches within 5 miles of the centre, it's hard to choose! I have to say I tend to prefer the rural ones, but here's a selection from the city itself:

• A good place to start is a wander around the harbour and up to Cumberland basin. Most of the hides aren't amazing in themselves, but they'll show you lots of interesting sights.
  • The mcborrowers' Trymseries gives a nice walk along a hidden green corridor.
  • If you've got the technology, *mouse*'s Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep and evesy101's Singing Birds Of Blaise are worth a try.
  • There are lots of good puzzles, I recently enjoyed cracking _alanwall's Silence Sleeps In Every Sound

Further afield (near Cold Ashton) and more of a challenge, abanazer's h4ck3r is probably the best cache I've done recently.

Agree that you should aim for the caches placed around the harbour in the city centre if you want to see the sights at the same time as caching. Also and for the same reason, try the Earthcaches by Avon Gorge and then follow the caches placed around The Downs, the large green area starting from the east side of the Clifton Suspension bridge. The caches around Ashton Court and Ashton Woods are also close to the Suspension bridge area and give a lovely walk through estate parkland with a red deer park and great views of the city. All of these take you through some beautiful parts of Bristol with much to do and see along the way. Look out on The Downs for the Victorian Exploratory and the cave down to a viewing balcony overlooking the Gorge.