Central Indiana Geocacher's Association Roundtable

Bear and Ting

Have a CIGAR icon_biggrin.gif . Ok, hokey, I know....but do we have or would anyone like to help form a geocaching club in central Indiana?? I would like to show the Indiana DNR our wide back-grounds and our ecological concerns and care we take. I have some statements from the forums and the site iteself. I just think a united or organized local group would help our cause to get an official stance on our hobby with the state and then perhaps the national parks.

I hope to meet with the DNR officials in June/July and would like to present them with a plan of cooperation so they don't "lock us out" like I've read it happening in other areas.

Any suggestions?

Bear

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

[This message was edited by Bear & Ting on May 02, 2002 at 11:19 AM.]

I'm in and would be willing to help. My specialities are web pages (including hosting and domain names) and newsletters (as long as I don't have to write all the content) and presentations. I can also server in other ways and have served in local and regional board positions for Habitat for Humanity.

Let me know what else you would like for me to do to participate. You can e-mail me from my profile. I check it often.

I forgot to mention but I am in Tipton County in Kempton. I usually come to Indy weekly. icon_biggrin.gif

The best things in life are not things...

[This message was edited by Ride Bent on May 03, 2002 at 05:56 AM.]

I'd be interested in helping out as well. As for showing off the fact that most of us care about the environment more than the average camper - I run a small commercial outdoor education program for public schools and homeschoolers ... we teach low impact and ecology along with camping, backpacking and basic survival skills. Check out http://www.intrepidjourneys.com - you can feel free to referance that site as well.

-- kit

"We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane." --Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by Episkipos Enos Shenk, KSC:

why just central indiana? fort wayne always seems to get ignored...

[Episkipos Enos Shenk, KSC]

[403forbidden.urbanexploration.org]

Fort Wayne is always welome and I did not mean to exclude them...perhaps a Northern Indiana Geocacher's Association Roundtable would be good. Seriously though, it was just a quickie acronymn... we are open to anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Bear & Ting:

Fort Wayne is always welome and I did not mean to exclude them...perhaps a Northern Indiana Geocacher's Association Roundtable would be good. Seriously though, it was just a quickie acronymn... we are open to anything.

I don't think that would make for a very good acronym for some reason...

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:
Originally posted by Bear & Ting:

Fort Wayne is always welome and I did not mean to exclude them...perhaps a _Northern Indiana Geocacher's Association Roundtable_ would be good. Seriously though, it was just a quickie acronymn... we are open to anything.

I don't think that would make for a very good acronym for some reason...

http://216.202.195.127/warm.gif

Errr....uh.... HOLY COW! I honestly did not mean that and I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone. It was not my intention at all. I just changed the "Central" to "Northern" and did not look at the result at all.

I'm so embarrased!

Bear