Missouri cachers

JaimeeG

Hello all

Any Missouri cachers here? We will be in Branson during the first part of June and plan to do some caching while there, as well as along the way while driving to Branson from California.

We would be interested in maybe hearing recommendations on fun caches, etc.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_rolleyes.gif

I have yet to find any caches in Branson. But I do know that there are THIRTEEN caches there! (three with TB's now.) Although both Table Rock Dam caches by Even'n'Steven look good! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3399 and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3523 .

Also, if you are looking for a cheap way to spend some time, take the Table Rock Dam tour, it is only $3 a person, and it takes you deep down inside the dam! icon_cool.gif While I am giving you tips, go to Indian Point Marina and eat at the Floting Cafe. Great food at a little known spot. (I like the foot long chile dog!)

Do you plan to go to Silver Dollar City while you are there? I am considering placing a mirco-cache or virtual cache there sometime. icon_wink.gif

Hope you have a good time in Branson! We go there several times a year, and never get board!

The Mountain Bike Guy.

----------------------

Long Live Long Rides!

I was actually in Branson in June of last year also. We went to Silver Dollar City at that time. Our trip last year was quite rushed because we only had about 5 full days once we arrived in Branson, and my grandparents (who live there) had lots of plans for us.

This time will be more fun because we have 11 full days there. We are also going to go up to the Ava area and look at some property, visit my cousin in Lamar, and my daughter wants to go to Precious Moments in Carthage.

Hopefully we will find the time to cache! Thanks for the tips!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

i live in ridgedale(10 miles s of branson). i have found all the caches here, even planted one. i have enjoyed finding all of them. at the houdini cache you might meet dennis & jeanne, they have been doing this longer than i. email me if you have any specific questions, i'll be glad to help any way i can.

I live in Springfield which is about 40 miles or so north of Branson. A month or two ago I spent the day in Branson and found almost all the caches. It's a great way to spend the day. You'll end up in great places you never would have known were there. There are a couple of caches in and around Springfield you should check out too.

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

and my daughter wants to go to Precious Moments in Carthage.

Hopefully we will find the time to cache! Thanks for the tips!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

There are now two caches at Precious Moments that are pretty chalenging!

The Mountain Bike Guy.

17228_200.jpg

Long Live Long Rides!

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for caching in Missouri. We only ended up finding 2 (SDC and Houdini) because we just didn't have enough time. We were visiting my grandparents in Branson, and they pretty much filled our days with activities. The next time we visit, we will be sure to set aside at least one entire day for caching.

If anyone is going to be near the central valley area of CA and wants some tips on caching around here, let me know!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif