Global Nomad Geocoins

CW88

I received samples of my new Global Nomad coins the other day, and plan on ordering the final coins soon to have in early May.

As I've grown up always moving to a new country every few years and never really had a permanent hometown, I wanted to make a coin inspired by that.

These coins measure 2 inches wide, and 10mm thick with a 3D dome shape on the top side with detailed 3D continents, featuring the part of the world I've mainly lived in. The bottom side again shows that part of the world, with a small compass rose design, quote and common travel icons/modes of transport, with soft enamels and some glow in the dark areas.

I'm still finalizing the versions, numbers of each version and need to figure out the final pricing, and there will be some small changes to these but expect to have them in around a month. I'll post more information on when they should go on sale, as well as photos of all the final versions around the end of April/early May here and on my Facebook Group.

Here are a few of the samples so far.

AntiqueSilver2_zps363d36d7.jpg

SatinGold_zps1ebaf769.jpg

AntiqueCopper_zpsd103d2be.jpg

side_zps9354be3d.jpg

I received samples of my new Global Nomad coins the other day, and plan on ordering the final coins soon to have in early May.

As I've grown up always moving to a new country every few years and never really had a permanent hometown, I wanted to make a coin inspired by that.

These coins measure 2 inches wide, and 10mm thick with a 3D dome shape on the top side with detailed 3D continents, featuring the part of the world I've mainly lived in. The bottom side again shows that part of the world, with a small compass rose design, quote and common travel icons/modes of transport, with soft enamels and some glow in the dark areas.

I'm still finalizing the versions, numbers of each version and need to figure out the final pricing, and there will be some small changes to these but expect to have them in around a month. I'll post more information on when they should go on sale, as well as photos of all the final versions around the end of April/early May here and on my Facebook Group.

Here are a few of the samples so far.

AntiqueSilver2_zps363d36d7.jpg

LOVE this! :wub:

I'll be waiting....

The final coins all arrived today (about 40kg's worth) and came out well :D .

I've just finished photographing them but am still to go through and check them all individually, which which will probably take me another day or so. So the coins will go on sale from my webstore next Saturday (14th) at 7pm Swiss time.

There will be 8 RE/LE/XLE versions to go on sale from my webstore. RE: £15 - Antique Plating (might be reminted in small numbers in future), LE: £17 -Satin Plating (same versions wont be reminted) and XLE: £20 - Black Nickel/Glow (also wont be reminted).

There are also a few 'One of a Kind' versions (only 1 made of each) which I'll auction on ebay over the next couple of weeks, the first will go up this weekend.

And instead of an 'Artist Edition' this time, there are also 2 special limited Black/Gold versions (shiny gold/black and two tone shiny gold/black nickel/glow) which are fundraiser versions for a trip I'm doing in a few months, and will only be available by backing the trip on our Trevolta page. Those are limited to 25 coins each and also wont be reminted.

Here are all the current versions (sort of in order of RE/LE/XLE/Fundraisers/One of a Kind). The pictures on here are quite small, but bigger ones can be seen on my Facebook Group.

Sides_zpsf24ad290.jpg

Text on the side of the coins

coins_zpsb177efe5.jpg

Sorry I didn't get this up on here sooner - There are 3 new LE shiny versions available, and the 3 reminted LE Antique versions. They will be going on sale tomorrow (Saturday 25th) at 7pm CEST (Swiss Time). They will be going on sale with the King Tuts and new Backpacker coins.

I've been trying out a new webstore which hopefully works out better for people - it hopefully keeps all items in your cart until you check out and hopefully also wont oversell coins. Though I have found it has issues with postage (only charging one flat rate no matter how many coins are ordered), so the coins all have the postage costs included in their price, and during checkout the postage costs should be £0.

http://geocoinsbycw88.tictail.com/

Goldblue_zps685548c7.jpg

copperbluesmll_zps75800e2d.jpg

Silverblue_zps666f02ff.jpg

Used the link above that you provided. All I see is a front page and no way to sign in.

Since this is a new store at a new url, I doubt the old sign-ins will work. Even if they did, there is no where to enter the info ... ??

Are we going to have to create a whole new account at the moment the sale starts ?? .... OMG ... I hope not.

Used the link above that you provided. All I see is a front page and no way to sign in.

Since this is a new store at a new url, I doubt the old sign-ins will work. Even if they did, there is no where to enter the info ... ??

Are we going to have to create a whole new account at the moment the sale starts ?? .... OMG ... I hope not.

Replied to your email - but for other people, this new webstore doesn't look like it has accounts you can create. But from a test sale I did, it appeared to remove the coins from the shop when it's added to your basket, and nobody mentioned any issues with it. So there hopefully shouldn't be the problem the other store had where coins can keep being added to people's baskets until you check out, and people ending up with nothing. I'm sure more people will be trying to buy at once today so hopefully it works the same way.

And just before the sale I will take the store offline for a few minutes, as I can only add new stock individually. Then will make it live again with all the coins at 7pm.