Masonic Grave Markers

Would there be any interest in forming a new category for Masonic burial markers? While visiting cemeterys I often find many headstones with Masonic symbols, normally the compass and square, that mark the burial site of Free Masons. Is there already an existing category that would accept these markers, or would there be any interest in forming a new category for them? Any ideas or what other waymarkers would like to see included?

I love any category that involves spending time at the cemetery.

I spend more time at cemeteries than most people, so maybe I see more of this than others do, but....

some cemeteries here in Oklahoma have entire Mason sections, where many of the markers have the symbol. There are so many others here (not in dedicated sections) that I wonder about an over prevalence issue. I love spotting them, but there are SO many of them!

Would limiting the number of waymarks per cemetery help? I know that zinc headstones are common in many older/larger cemeterys, so I have steered clear of listing any in the category. But there seems to be a common interest with headstones and Waymarking. Another idea is only headstones of Master Masons or a age limit of the headstone to keep it a historical aspect to the category. I would love to see a catagory of Civil War veterans headstones listed by the State they served in, but those are all too common as well.

Masonic symbols on headstones are so commonplace in cemeteries that I personally don't see them deserving a dedicated category to level that Woodmen of the World markers have accomplished, although those markers are limited to a maximum of four per waymarker per cemetery because of their frequency in many cemeteries. The one thing that WoW markers have going for them is their INFREQUENCY in cemeteries in western states. Finding one in say, Oregon (where I reside), is a rare find. But with Masonic symbols, one would find them all across the country, diminishing any 'exclusive' type reputation.

It was just an idea, what seems common place in other parts of the Country are rare in my area. I visited a cemetery yesterday with over 1000 burials and only 5 Masonic stones and 11 CSA markers. The WoW stones are rare, but I understand that what I find of interest may not appeal to others, so I won't worry about finding a category to list some old Masonic headstones.