Cachers in Orange County CA

brutemus1

Hey there! I just started geocaching this week and I am hooked. I am looking for others in the area. I would love to make a group! I don't see that there are any down here. It would be a lot of fun to have our own events. I live in Newport. If you live in OC what city are you in? I'm down for going on adventures with others :)

I would suggest that you both try to attend the Maker Madness event in Lake Forrest, http://coord.info/GC50JHN, or the one in Seal Beach, http://coord.info/GC50N21.

Events are a great way to meet established cachers in your area. While I don't know if the OC has an established group on the Internet, I do know that there are many active cachers in the area that do get together for official events and unofficial caching excursions.

I would suggest that you both try to attend the Maker Madness event in Lake Forrest, http://coord.info/GC50JHN, or the one in Seal Beach, http://coord.info/GC50N21.

Events are a great way to meet established cachers in your area. While I don't know if the OC has an established group on the Internet, I do know that there are many active cachers in the area that do get together for official events and unofficial caching excursions.

Thank you. I'll be going to Lake Forest!

I'm in Marina Del Rey, but cache in OC pretty regularly. I'll be unavailable through most of April, but am interested in caching in or about OC after April. FWIW, I am particularly fond of bike-caching (using a bike to get from one cache to another).

I haven't done that before sounds like fun!

I'm based out of Fountain Valley. We really don't have any real organized groups of cachers anymore. Maybe the closest things to it are the OC Piranas and Team DNF. All the old timers all know each other and just call or email each other to go out caching. I recommend just showing up at an even and finding the cacher named Littledebbie if she is in attendance, she is like the local cache ambassador. You could also try for FTFs. the Piranhas are fairly competitive about them and you can usually catch a couple at a cache standing around talking for a little after they found it.

I'm based out of Fountain Valley. We really don't have any real organized groups of cachers anymore. Maybe the closest things to it are the OC Piranas and Team DNF. All the old timers all know each other and just call or email each other to go out caching. I recommend just showing up at an even and finding the cacher named Littledebbie if she is in attendance, she is like the local cache ambassador. You could also try for FTFs. the Piranhas are fairly competitive about them and you can usually catch a couple at a cache standing around talking for a little after they found it.

I've noticed this. All the caches I go to around Newport have the same group of people finding them or hiding them. I want to be a part of a group! I think I've even emailed a handful of people like Smoochersmom, bajatym and Fifty1fifty for help on a few caches. I usually go solo on , y adventures. It would be nice to go with others

i cache out of whittier CA its not quite orange but pretty close:)

Have you found any big or cool caches there?

whittier is kind of a bummer for caching, alot of the cooler ones go missing. i blame our homeless population. i have a pretty good time cationg in puente hills, brea or fullerton. i found a nic big ammo tin outside of fullerton on state college one time... its called fullerton travel bug hotel.

i know there are caches here in whittier in the turnbol canyon hiking trails i havent been out there to get them yet tho.

I've noticed this. All the caches I go to around Newport have the same group of people finding them or hiding them. I want to be a part of a group! I think I've even emailed a handful of people like Smoochersmom, bajatym and Fifty1fifty for help on a few caches. I usually go solo on , y adventures. It would be nice to go with others

Evening, All!

What is the best way to be notified of the meet-ups or events in the area? Is there a newsletter or a specific website or forum everyone uses to notify everyone? My cache partner and I would like to participate in the next event and meet the cachers we've been reading about for so long. It seems we remember a local meet-up around this time last year...

Any and all help is much appreciated :)

Cheers!