Send to My GPS

Anyone else having problems clicking "Send to My GPS"? I can manually save a GPX file to my Dakota 10 from the button on the cache page, but "Send to My GPS" comes back with the Garmin Communicator error. The Communicator site says I have current version. It may have happened when I went to Win 8.1 from 8.0 awhile back.

I'm on the Geocaching map. I click on a cache to pull up the popup window with the cache's information. Every time I try to "Send to my GPS" (Dakota 20), I get a prompt to check the box to agree to the terms of service. I check the box, click "Submit", and nothing happens. I did this on four different caches, and when I went into the Cache menu of my unit, it says there are no caches. I want to start playing this apparently fun game called Geocaching, but after two hours of setup, and still no caches on my unit I just bought yesterday, I'm not having very much fun. :-(

Nevermind. I didn't know you had to click the "Download Waypoint LOC" button first. Do I have to download a Waypoint LOC file to my computer for EVERY cache I want to put on my unit?

Yes.

Unless you go Premium, then you can use Pocket Queries and load up to 1,000 at a time.

Send to GPS - Are you using Internet Explorer? Check your Compatibility settings.

(Plenty of posts elsewhere with the same question)

ETA.

New Garmin?

Register it here http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx for 30 days free trial of Premium Membership.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Using Firefox or Chrome, try logging out of Geocaching.com and then back in, if that doesn't work, many others have had similar issues and a search of the forums will provide other suggestions.

Also, check here to confirm you have the latest version of the Garmin Communicator plugin.

Haven't researched yet but since I got my new CPU with Windows 8.1 My PC doesn't event recognize my Garmin Etreck or whatever its called. DL all the latest drivers etc. My old pc that I mistakenly upgraded to the new windows no longer recognizes it either:(

Nevermind. I didn't know you had to click the "Download Waypoint LOC" button first. Do I have to download a Waypoint LOC file to my computer for EVERY cache I want to put on my unit?

I believe that you can have multiple caches in a LOC file by going to Your Profile page and using the Search Options. You can pick caches individually or Select All. You can only do one page at a time (20 caches), but that's twenty times better than one at a time. The search is centered at your home location.

I believe that you can have multiple caches in a LOC file by going to Your Profile page and using the Search Options. You can pick caches individually or Select All. You can only do one page at a time (20 caches), but that's twenty times better than one at a time. The search is centered at your home location.

The real problem here is Microsoft. With the IE update to IE 11 you need to enable the plugin. Then you need to turn on compatability mode.

Both are found in the tools tab In Internet Explorer 11. This problem is hitting all makes and models of GPS units. Look in the How to part of the forums I have posted info for some one else about this and what to do.

When I tried to load some caches using my new computer it would not SEE the Garmin plug in. I called Garmin and they said that Windows 8.1 does not like plug-ins. They said to use Chrome. Long story short...Have Windows 8.1 Use Chrome for loading geocaches on your gps.