About the Cleveland Metro Parks

OblongFred

I just got this from Carley Martin head of Geocaching within Cleveland Metro Parks:

"The permits will be free. They will last for one year, then the cache must

be moved or another will be allowed. This will not only increase the

challenge of the game, but minimize impact off trails. I foresee that all

caches in place currently will be permitted for one year (as long as the

location is appropriate), but additional caches will be limited to one for

each small reservation and two for the larger ones."

So if you have one there, you might already heard. If not, I'd wait until they finally get it all together, get the permit, and plant the cache.

Good,icon_biggrin.gif I'm glad to see this (as you may have guessed from my comments in the Lake Metroparks thread). The more we interact positively with the park district (such as checking that an area is okay for placing a cache, etc.) the better standing Geocaching will have with the Park District, which will reflect favorably as other areas such as Lake Metroparks, Geauga Park District, and the CVNP consider or reconsider allowing geocaching within their borders. Now the one for small two for large you mention, is that above the numbers currently, or just above any caches they themselves have placed

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

Good,;) I'm glad to see this (as you may have guessed from my comments in the Lake Metroparks thread). The more we interact positively with the park district (such as checking that an area is okay for placing a cache, etc.) the better standing Geocaching will have with the Park District, which will reflect favorably as other areas such as Lake Metroparks, Geauga Park District, and the CVNP consider or reconsider allowing geocaching within their borders. Now the one for small two for large you mention, is that above the numbers currently, or just above any caches they themselves have placed

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

The way I'm reading it, if there are two caches in a small park or three in a lrge park, I think there would be a grace period for both. Then after one year, its every man (or woman) for themselves.

I'll email Carley tonight (she's probably sick of hearing from me icon_biggrin.gif ) and point her to this forum.

The way I'm reading it, if there are two caches in a small park or three in a lrge park, I think there would be a grace period for both. Then after one year, its every man (or woman) for themselves.

I'll email Carley tonight (she's probably sick of hearing from me icon_biggrin.gif ) and point her to this forum.