Best Logs

I've spent a lot of time reading logs recently. Lots of them seem to be of a generic nature, others seem to be the default log from that Intro app. Wading through all of the caches to find particularly good and entertaining logs can be daunting, though. So I ask: do any of you have links to some really good/funny/interesting logs that you can share here?

All three from the same local cacher. The first one is worth checking out other logs and pictures. GC4HBX1

Well here is the story.... Gathered up the guys and we headed down to the cache coordinates. And there it was, right out in the open. The Red SS Post box. But then we looked down, about 10-feet and noticed the river between us and the island the cache was on.

Oh boat you say..... Well that was the next problem.....

Then it came to me!!! With a quick call to Suffield and we had a British Gazelle Helicopter down at the river's edge with in a 1/2 hour. Picked us all up and landed with in 10-feet of the cache!!! WOW that was a cool cache container and well worth the trip. A quick hop into to the helicopter and we where back on the river bank beside the truck.

What an adventure!!! I wish this was the kind of cache adventure we could have on every cache we go after. Well off to coffee at Tim's and a time to reflect!!! TFTH!!

With this picture...fe1b69a8-cc05-4ea1-badb-35d44ae22cfa.jpg

And this one

I'm starting to run low on caches to find in the city and decided to work on this with a few other to see what we could figure out. WOW that was crazy but not as crazy at trying to locate the cache. While on site there was a few young girl, very curious creators to say the least, who keep popping their heads over the fence trying to see what was happening. In short order they where wondering around the ally and on the side walk getting closer and trying to see what was happening. At one point one I heard one of the other caches say we are looking for something.... Well there is no way that I was going to let these girl get to close or for that matter understand what we where doing!!!!

So I came up with "Tree Spiders"....

I walked up the the girls and said have you ever seem a Tree Spider??? All said "No". I asked them to come will me and showed them a tree where most of the needles where missing from the inner branches and said "This tree is infected as the Tree Spider has eaten the needles and is working on the way out to the tips of the branches." They where all amazed... I then took them to another smaller tree a little ways away that was full of branches with needle all the way to the trunk and said "This tree has not been infected as you can see the needles are all here!!!" They all agreed!!! Then I said "The Tree Spider is black, hairy legs legged with a yellow strip and that there was white spots on it's body." I turned my hand upside down and said "It has been found the the Tree Spider has grown as big as a person's hand!!!" and then I wiggled my fingers lit a spider. Well that did not go over good as they started to look real worried. The problem that I told them was that the Tree Spider's net, when it hatches, will set 100 to 150 baby Tree Spider free!!! We where trying to catch a Tree Spider,as we where with the Collage and wanted to study it further and the impact to the environment/trees in Medicine Hat. With that one of the young girls said "We though you where looking for a cat. I said "Oh no. But could you imagine if the Tree Spider did get as BIG as. Cat???" The girls took off pretty fast after that and I got to sign the log. Nice hide, it took a while to locate and I checked, No "Tree Spiders" in the area!!! Not sure what was more fun solving the cache, locating it or just having fun with Muggles!!!! TFTH!!!

And the best for last....

Seeing that this was one of the last caches that we did not get in Redcliff we decided to give it a shot. Team TahoeGR00 set out to GZ just to find nothing… A few months later I notice that azraelsportal had logged that he had figured out what to do and had ordered a tool to help find the cache. So I decided to meet up with azraelsportal & fotowca to have another try at the cache. When the time was right the three of us started our search at GZ. It was a long hard search that was not getting us anywhere. At one point I had pulled my truck along the GZ so that I could stand on the side of the box just to get height to look for the cache.

It was about then when the home owner from across the street, the West side, came over to ask “What are you looking for?” Without missing a beat I said “Brick Bugs!!” He looked a little puzzled but continued to ask more questions. So I said “Do you see the little holes in the brick that we are looking at??? Well they were made by Brick Bugs that come out in the evening. They eat at the bricks and over time the bricks will weaken. We are from the Collage and are trying to catch a Brick Bug so that we would be able to study the life cycle and understand their effect on bricks.” Well this just set the guy off and he said “Do you know that just about every house in Redcliff is made of BRICKS!! The Brick Bugs could start to destroy the houses around town!!” I responded that “That is the reason that we are trying to get catch one!!” He then called his wife over and told her our Brick Bug story to her and that he hoped that we would be able to catch one to help save the town and stop the Brick Bugs…..

At the end of the day we did not find the cache or a Brick Bug but man I love talking to Muggles!!!

TahoeGR00

This one (GC1XH0Y) has a lot of non-boring logs.

Liars cache. Many of those around in many places. A lot of the more recent finders are not participating, and I saw at least 7 or 8 "Tftc" logs. :huh: Published in 2009, and I do not believe a liars would be published today as it's an ALR, but someone could make the lying voluntary I suppose, and get one published today. And warning to the privacy kooks out there, it's a PMO cache. Don't take offense, I'm a privacy kook too, that's why I brought it up. :lol:

Here's some good logs on this cache. Most notably username Kordite, and username DrossDross, who wrote 9 part and 3 part logs respectively on their July 2007 sailing trip across Lake Erie from Erie, Pa. to Canada to find the cache.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

here is a funny one I got

Found it

08/18/2013

One of the more recent finders in the log book was someone who wrote "I found your stupid box by accident".

Rather amusing, glad they left the cache alone otherwise.

Great spot, thanks.

Found it

08/01/2013

Found this open with a broom (?!) sticking out of the box but otherwise intact. Removed the broom, signed the log and placed cache back properly. Lovely area but now I know where all the Mosquitos went! TFTC

Edited by Andronicus

I really like this one, from a cache I own...

Wow! How should I start! Well I got out on the right side (Or so I thought!) and started my hike. I was able to gain access on land. After 1 1/4 mile walk I got to the cach. But, one problem, I was on the wrong side! After about 20 min. of deciding I said I was heading back. I then said NO! I've walk to far. So off came the clothes but not all of them. In the water I went and across to the other side, located the cach and sign the log and went back across and made my walk back out.

THERE'S MORE!!!

While I was making my way across I stump my toe on a downed log that was under water and got a splinter under my toe-nail from the tip all the way to the back. I could not get it out. So, when I got back home I made my way to the Webster County Emergency Room. They had to take part of my toe-nail off. *By the way! That water was COLD!!!

A good friend rode with me to the E.R. but drove me back home and I ask him. "Joe what cha think about it?" He said "Man that's dedication!"

Again, I said "Naw I walked to far in to just leave and log a DNF. But, I got my cach and logged it in!"

Thanks for the cach! This one will be in the memory book for a while!

T-N-L-N and THANKS FOR THE CACH!!!

This is the best I've received. (Poster also included a map indicating where he'd gone versus where the cache was, but not sure how to reproduce it here.)

19/04/2012 23:20hrs

FTF

Sorry it has took so long to log but here goes.

I didn't need a cache for today but I received the notification after drinking lots of sherbets with the new boss. I stood working out the cache location at the kebab van whilst waiting for my food.

My co-ordinates placed it closer than I thought so off I wobbled with my kebab compass

As I arrived near my projected GZ I checked the geocaching app and the distance was still over 1 Km I paused and checked the co-ordinates.

The app was right. I still had further to walk. It appears that I had miss typed the co-ords I was exactly 1 mile out, my projected co-odds of N52°14.262' E0°09.230' put me about to start searching between the Milton road and the A14. (the title fitted the area as well)

I continued with my walk and I was soon heading down the right road and at the correct GZ the compass settled and I checked two places before finding the cache. As I was logging the cache I received notification that the co-ords had changed by 4 metres which was obviously not needed, imagine the embarrassment that would have followed if I had been searching my original location.

I replaced the cache and headed back to Waterbeach, which wasn't simple either.

I was glad to find a nice sized cache but like others I also found the brambles I have a scratch from my eye to my ear. Cuts and stings are part of caching in my book. Thanks for setting the cache and being dedicated to recheck the co-ordinates. I think it deserves a favourite point just for my co-ordinate mistake.

TFTC

Sometimes you get a log that makes it all worthwhile

Am visiting NB from Ottawa with my sister cleo23 and her two granddaughters, Katiekin and Reysecakes. We are beyond excited. This trip was planned solely because of Ma & Pa's micrologic puzzles; love the series. We have done all the ones in the Gatineau area, and just wanted more. Of course our husbands who are not geocachers think that we should be committed, but, we made it our goal to complete all the ML puzzles and then save up for this trip. For us, this is an event of a life-time. We have never seen this part of Canada, so it is wonderful to get the chance. Thanks Ma & Pa for putting this great series out and for adding so much fun to not only our day, but our lives. Also for my sister, cleo23 to be able to have this trip with her two young granddaughters, who are 10 and 12 is wonderful. Special, love filled thanks to my most favorite sister, Libby, for all of her hard work getting everything organized for this trip; totally awesome; love you much. Ma & Pa, we will always remember this trip and all the fun you have added to our lives; saying thanks just doesn't seem adequate. Cheers, happy caching. SL

This is the best I've received. (Poster also included a map indicating where he'd gone versus where the cache was, but not sure how to reproduce it here.)

19/04/2012 23:20hrs

FTF

Sorry it has took so long to log but here goes.

I didn't need a cache for today but I received the notification after drinking lots of sherbets with the new boss. I stood working out the cache location at the kebab van whilst waiting for my food.

My co-ordinates placed it closer than I thought so off I wobbled with my kebab compass

As I arrived near my projected GZ I checked the geocaching app and the distance was still over 1 Km I paused and checked the co-ordinates.

The app was right. I still had further to walk. It appears that I had miss typed the co-ords I was exactly 1 mile out, my projected co-odds of N52°14.262' E0°09.230' put me about to start searching between the Milton road and the A14. (the title fitted the area as well)

I continued with my walk and I was soon heading down the right road and at the correct GZ the compass settled and I checked two places before finding the cache. As I was logging the cache I received notification that the co-ords had changed by 4 metres which was obviously not needed, imagine the embarrassment that would have followed if I had been searching my original location.

I replaced the cache and headed back to Waterbeach, which wasn't simple either.

I was glad to find a nice sized cache but like others I also found the brambles I have a scratch from my eye to my ear. Cuts and stings are part of caching in my book. Thanks for setting the cache and being dedicated to recheck the co-ordinates. I think it deserves a favourite point just for my co-ordinate mistake.

TFTC

8825cd8a-7e6f-4fd8-a48a-53468443b698.jpg

I assume this is the correct map.

This one (GC1XH0Y) has a lot of non-boring logs.

Liars cache. Many of those around in many places. A lot of the more recent finders are not participating, and I saw at least 7 or 8 "Tftc" logs. :huh: Published in 2009, and I do not believe a liars would be published today as it's an ALR, but someone could make the lying voluntary I suppose, and get one published today. And warning to the privacy kooks out there, it's a PMO cache. Don't take offense, I'm a privacy kook too, that's why I brought it up. :lol:

Here's some good logs on this cache. Most notably username Kordite, and username DrossDross, who wrote 9 part and 3 part logs respectively on their July 2007 sailing trip across Lake Erie from Erie, Pa. to Canada to find the cache.

I've got a 'Liar's Cache' (see my profile), and there's no problem with them as long as you only ASK people to, um, 'exaggerate'.

And, if you read logs on a Liars' Cach, remember to read from the bottom up, because tend to expand on earlier adventures.

I like this part:

I got one foot out of the canoe into about a foot of water (I was in the front) and realized the current was too strong for me to grab anything near to hold the canoe. At the same time the rear of the canoe swung around and I just barely fell back into the canoe. With me lying on my back in the centre of the canoe, Model12 had swung around in his seat facing the rear of the canoe (which by now was pointing forward) and paddling furiously. All I remember for the next 10 seconds was feeling the water soaking through my back and the seat of my pants, my soaked foot and Model 12 keep saying "holy sh.."

Calm water at last. Charlie was shaking like a leaf in the centre of the canoe. We took stock of everything. Nothing lost or broken. Wow, and to think that people pay for rides like that!!

By lying flat on his back at the bottom of the canoe, he was probably doing the best possible thing to keep it afloat. A body makes a great canoe ballast.

This is my favorite log by me.

Cool hide! I love these ones that take me to paths that I would have never known were there otherwise. Thank you!

I had originally taken the wrong choice at a fork in the path, and circled around with my phone for a gps for quite a while. I had decided to give up and head home. On the way out, I thought to take the other choice in the fork, and give this hunt one more good try. Soon enough I found the cache! Hurray!!

I pawed through the log and contents, as I always do. I love to sit and look at the things people have left or written.

I signed the log and replaced it at least as hidden as I had found it, which is a pretty clever hide. The cache is up a slight incline which is nice because this probably keeps it from some flooding. As I turned to go back to my truck, I lost my footing on this slight incline with the wet mossy grassy leafy clay-y mud underneath. Unfortunately, there was a tree nearby for me to grab at to catch my balance. I say unfortunately, since the act of grabbing for it actually put me more off balance than I had been. I hit my head on the tree, swung around twisting my arm and forcing me to let loose, then slammed my hip into the tree. Following this a shift in my weight caused me to slide down, tearing my upper arm along the bark of another tree.

When I became upright, I thought to myself: I probably need some sort of medical attention.

My second thought was to the debris near the cache. A lot of other cachers have commented on the amount of trash, but my comment will be on the content of the trash. GLASS shampoo bottles? I don't think those have been produced in my lifetime. At least not in America. There is really a very strange assortment of garbage in this area.

I was still experiencing the shock of my injuries, and not so much the pain, so I cito-ed a bit. Some for the sake of trash removal, and some for the sake of weird junk salvage. I picked up a multi-bit screw-driver with most of the pieces still in the package.

I arrived at my truck with blood dripping from my face and arm. I opened my first aid kit and cursed the contents.

I drove to the nearest drug store. There I located the bandages and first aid section. I stocked up on gauze and a cool spray bottle of saline.

There in the parking lot I sat on the bumper of my truck, dressing my wounds. All the way home I recited my multiplication tables to ensure proper brain function. I will assume my brain is as good or better than before because I hadn't formerly known my 7 X 's by heart, yet I was able to recite them. And I'm pretty sure I was correct.

It's always a good cache when I have to re-stock my first aid kit.

I'm pretty proud of this one. I even got kudos from the CO, he said they got a kick out of it.

My link

This one took a little bit of doing. We got to GZ, and a young man, maybe a teenager, was sitting on one of the benches. Well, we couldn't really search for the cache proper with him sitting there, so we sat on the other bench and proceeded to make out. Well, let me tell you, there's nothing grosser to a young person than to have to watch two old people kissing 30 feet in front of them. It wasn't long before he skedaddled. Turns out we could have signed the log without him even being aware of it. Signed the log and replaced as found. This is a nice little area, thanks for bringing us out here.

It's always a good cache when I have to re-stock my first aid kit.

That's a good one! I may use this as signature line?!

Had a few of that caches: fortunate for me, I mostly had to use the kit for others, even muggles in need I happen to come by while geocaching (fortunate for them: I'm a medic). Makes great stories... :)