Milwaukee area Buxley map

Guest kbraband

Guest Markwell

And here I thought I had done it with my e-mail and the point that the area of Milwaukee actually had more caches that Chicagoland, and we down here had our own map.

Must have been our combined efforts.

icon_wink.gif

Guest Markwell

And here I thought I had done it with my e-mail and the point that the area of Milwaukee actually had more caches that Chicagoland, and we down here had our own map.

Must have been our combined efforts.

icon_wink.gif

Guest bjbest

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

And here I thought I had done it with my e-mail...

Great minds must think alike, Markwell. It does seem strange that Milwaukee would have more than Chicago. But then again, I've just moved back to WI from St. Louis, and for whatever reason geocaching is just going gangbusters down there.

Speaking of maps for SE Wisconsin, I've been working on maps that show even greater detail than Buxley's. So far I've got Ozaukee and Washington Cos., Milwaukee and Waukesha Cos., and Cedarburg. Check them out, won't you, and let me know what you think. They lack a lot of the functionality of other maps out there, but I think they do a reasonably good job, detail-wise.

http://pages.prodigy.net/bjbest/geocaching/wimaps/wimaps.html

Guest Markwell

I do think that the SE Wisconsin map covers more area than the Chicago map. Yours goes all the way over to I-39, which would be the equivalent of our going over to Rockford. Also, ours doesn't go all the way up to the Wisconsin border, but yours does come down that far south (I may try to see if I can get Ed to rectify that).

We also had to recently archive a LOT of caches in one particular county. Maybe if everything goes well, we can reinstate some of them soon.

Guest kbraband

quote:
Originally posted by bjbest:

Speaking of maps for SE Wisconsin, I've been working on maps that show even greater detail than Buxley's. So far I've got Ozaukee and Washington Cos., Milwaukee and Waukesha Cos., and Cedarburg. Check them out, won't you, and let me know what you think.

http://pages.prodigy.net/bjbest/geocaching/wimaps/wimaps.html

Your maps look great. Now I have another resource. thanks! ~Ken