About webcam cache

Good day to all of you !

I was considering a new cache to place, a webcam geocache.

Where I want to put the coordinate is located in a very interesting place, very beautifull and the webcam is a panoramic webcam. BUT the webcam takes only 2 shots every hour (around minute 10 and 40).

I wanted to know if it was possible to place a cache where the webcam is not taking continous pictures as soon as it is mentionned in the description for example??

Is it already done or is it not recommanded as you have to be at the good place during 2-3 minutes in order to be on the shot.

Thank all for your reply and my appologies to the reviewer if I'm not at the good place for my topic.

Good day to all of you !

Where I want to put the coordinate is located in a very interesting place, very beautifull and the webcam is a panoramic webcam. BUT the webcam takes only 2 shots every hour (around minute 10 and 40).

I wanted to know if it was possible to place a cache where the webcam is not taking continous pictures as soon as it is mentionned in the description for example??

Is it already done or is it not recommanded as you have to be at the good place during 2-3 minutes in order to be on the shot.

Thank all for your reply and my appologies to the reviewer if I'm not at the good place for my topic.

Webcam caches went by the wayside along with Virtual & traveling caches several years back! The ones that exist today have been around for a decade.

Yeah, we have one like that.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC21Y6G_smile-youre-on-candid-camera?guid=f8bf33b6-e144-487e-95e9-a9d3d75e4781

Looks like about a dozen cachers out of 200 have done the official webcam picture there, including myself, most of those 12 early on in the cache's life and most are CO's friends (like me). Still a cool idea though.

Edited by lamoracke

Good day to all of you !

You would have found out about it when you tried to select "web cam" for the type of cache in the submission form.

It's always a good idea to read the Guidelines more than once prior to submitting a cache for review.

Guidelines:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Virtual and Webcam Caches have been grandfathered.

Virtual caches and webcam caches are no longer available as options for new listings on Geocaching.com. Caches of these types that existed prior to November 2005, often referred to as grandfathered caches, are exceptions to this rule and may still be active. New listings similar to these cache types can be created as waymarks at Waymarking.com.

If you currently own a virtual or webcam cache, you must maintain the cache listing and logs, respond to inquiries from cachers, and must check the physical location periodically. Abandoned caches will likely be archived by Groundspeak. Grandfathered caches will not be unarchived.

B.

Good day to all of you !

I am not sure exactly what you are asking in your post. Are you asking if you can place a new webcam cache? Or are you asking about placing a cache in view of an already existing webcam? I am confused as to the exact thought in your question.

If you are looking to try and place a new webcam cache, then all previous posts would be spot on in advice and guidance given.

If the idea is to place a cache that is in view of an already existing business or government owned and maintained webcam, then I would caution you on this and recommend that the location of the webcam be given and noted on the cache page.

Again, can you please clarify if the webcam in question is preexisting or one you would be purchasing and setting up just for this cache.