Animal Memorial Cache Ideas?

Hello! I am a relative newbie that had the heartbreaking misfortune to have to put my beautiful lady yellow lab/greyhound mix down today at the ripe old age of 17. In the car on the way home, my family discussed possible making a memorial cache for her. I'm interested to hear any creative ideas that people have seen for these. I did find once myself in Texas near a dog park and it was very heartwarming. Thanks for your help in advance! Weir4Caching :)

I am not a big fan on any type of memorial caches.

To me, it comes across as an agenda.

Some CO loves the sympathy attention when it comes to death. Sometime its boarderline with victim mentality. This is the main reason I am not a fan of memorial caches. I am not saying you got this problem, not at all. However, I know one person that does and I find it extremely annoying.

GS allowed them, but this is my opinions about them.

We have a few of these types of Listings in my area, and they tend to be at favorite spots, or where the owners typically walked their beloved companions on a regular basis.

Some CO loves the sympathy attention when it comes to death. Sometime its boarderline with victim mentality.

The Listings in my area tend to be more along the vein of a "celebration of life", rather than melancholy in nature, and that seems fine to me.

Hello! I am a relative newbie that had the heartbreaking misfortune to have to put my beautiful lady yellow lab/greyhound mix down today at the ripe old age of 17. In the car on the way home, my family discussed possible making a memorial cache for her. I'm interested to hear any creative ideas that people have seen for these. I did find once myself in Texas near a dog park and it was very heartwarming. Thanks for your help in advance! Weir4Caching :)

Here is one near to where I live, and I hike this trail several times a week with my 2 dogs!

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC42WR0_canine-cache

Sorry for your loss. I have one for my late dog called Punkie's cache. It didn't actually start off as a memorial cache. Indeed, she was still alive when I placed it. But when she passed, I decided to add some pics, poems, and bio to the existing cache. If people don't want to read the stuff, they certainly don't have to. I know there may be some people out there that don't care for that sorta thing. But I thought it was much better doing something like this for my dog than placing a pic/bio on the Internet that usually quickly fades into obscurity. The feedback has been very positive overall. Lot of folks have also uploaded pics of their dogs on the cache page too, which I've really enjoyed. Good luck with your cache!

Sorry for your loss. I have one for my late dog called Punkie's cache. It didn't actually start off as a memorial cache. Indeed, she was still alive when I placed it. But when she passed, I decided to add some pics, poems, and bio to the existing cache. If people don't want to read the stuff, they certainly don't have to. I know there may be some people out there that don't care for that sorta thing. But I thought it was much better doing something like this for my dog than placing a pic/bio on the Internet that usually quickly fades into obscurity. The feedback has been very positive overall. Lot of folks have also uploaded pics of their dogs on the cache page too, which I've really enjoyed. Good luck with your cache!