WHERE'S IN A NAME CACHE

Guest traveler_five

Guest traveler_five

Trevelyan's R&R is looking for someone who's interested in helping us fulfill the requirements for WHERE'S IN A NAME Cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12627

Our handle breaks out to 87.38.35_. North and South our out (Artic Ocean and Antartica) and East is unlikely (India, Russia, Tibet, Mongolia, Mt Everest?).

West puts us in the US from Alabama northward to Michigan and into Ontario, Canada.

We'd appreciate it if anyone would like to assist us. Thanks in advance.

Guest clatmandu

Sorry, I can't help you. 87degrees in Mich would be in the Upper Peninsula, which would be a 10 hr drive. Someone in Wisconsin or Northern Minnisota may be able to help. BTW, Everest is at 86d56.011E.

Guest Markwell

Actually, 87° 38' 35" turns out to be -87.643055°, which runs along in Chicago just on this side of the lake. If I can get around to it, I might just make it out on the interstate on I-80 to the east of me. It'd be about a 30-40 minutes drive. I'll see what I can do.

There may be some others that can help. Check out the Chicago Geocachers and ask for someone that can get close to the intersection of I-80 & I-57. Clan Ferguson comes to mind as a distinct possibility.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest traveler_five

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

Sorry, I can't help you. 87degrees in Mich would be in the Upper Peninsula, which would be a 10 hr drive. Someone in Wisconsin or Northern Minnisota may be able to help. BTW, Everest is at 86d56.011E.

Thanks anyway!

Guest traveler_five

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Actually, 87° 38' 35" turns out to be -87.643055°, which runs along in Chicago just on this side of the lake. If I can get around to it, I might just make it out on the interstate on I-80 to the east of me. It'd be about a 30-40 minutes drive. I'll see what I can do.

There may be some others that can help. Check out the Chicago Geocachers and ask for someone that can get close to the intersection of I-80 & I-57. Clan Ferguson comes to mind as a distinct possibility.

Markwell, Great to see you might be able to help. I'll look into the Chicago Cachers too. Trev

PS: Great website!

Guest traveler_five

quote:
Originally posted by clatmandu:

Thanks anyway and thanks for the heads up about Everest (That would've been unique!"

Guest jim buzz

quote:
Originally posted by jim buzz:

W87°38.35 crosses route 40 West of Terre Haute Ind. I will be going past there in about two weeks. If that is the best offer you get in that time frame, let me know. I would be willing to try it.

Jim Buzz

I couldn't find your name through the geocaching.com email so I'll just post here. I might be able to get these coords tomorrow or Tuesday if nobody has beat me to it. If I happen to get close, I'll take a pic. If you contact and confirm, I'll go out of my way to get them. Just let me know either here or by emailing me.

rdw