ignore list

covers

You can find the ignore list in your list of bookmark lists. You can edit it like any other bookmark list. If you need more detials on that, let us know.

Also, you can go to a specific cache and click the "Ignore" link in the upper right area of the cache page. This link acts as a toggle. So if the cache is being ignored, clicking it will bring up a screen askin you if you want to "restore" it (stop ignoring it).

You can find the ignore list in your list of bookmark lists. You can edit it like any other bookmark list. If you need more detials on that, let us know.

Also, you can go to a specific cache and click the "Ignore" link in the upper right area of the cache page. This link acts as a toggle. So if the cache is being ignored, clicking it will bring up a screen askin you if you want to "restore" it (stop ignoring it).

I looked in my bookmark lists and could not find an ignore lilst

I looked in my bookmark lists and could not find an ignore lilst

That's interesting. It should be in the list, in alphabetical order, as "Ignore List". I do not recall if it shows in the list if you have no caches ignored.

Are you sure the caches in question are being ignored and ar enot showing for some other reason? Can you tell us more of what you are seeing?

You can verify a cache's ignore status by pulling one of them up, click the ignore link on the page, and se if it asks you if you want to ignore it (meaning it is not already ignored) or restore it (meaning it is now ignored).

If you don't see an ignore list, then you probably haven't ignored any caches.

If you want to test this, double-check your lists to make sure you don't have an ignore list. Then pick a test cache (any cache will do, just remember which one it is) and ignore it. The ignore list should now appear among your lists. You can then go back and stop ignoring the test cache.

Thank you. I obviously did not have anything on my ignore list and must have another problem. I use gsak and when I try to download the cache it says it is discarded because it is in ignore list. It must be a GSAK problem.

GSAK does have an Ignore list. Often when deleting a cache, it can be put on an ignore list so it's not loaded again. (When deleting, there's a check box to add caches to the list)

In the options: File, Search etc, select Database, then scroll down to Maintain Ignore List...

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Thank you. I obviously did not have anything on my ignore list and must have another problem. I use gsak and when I try to download the cache it says it is discarded because it is in ignore list. It must be a GSAK problem.

GSAK does have an Ignore list. Often when deleting a cache, it can be put on an ignore list so it's not loaded again. (When deleting, there's a check box to add caches to the list)

In the options: File, Search etc, select Database, then scroll down to Maintain Ignore List...

Thank you so much. I have been struggling with this for ages. I don't know how all those files got on my ignore list but they are all gone now.

Ah. Makes much more sense now!

If you look at the delete waypoint dialog box that WH mentioned, you will see there is a check box there where you can uncheck the option to add the waypoint to the GSAK ignore list. In the dialog it is referred to as something like "And prevent waypoint from being added later" or some such thing. Uncheck that and it will no longer do that by default.

I've always thought there should be separate "delete" and "delete and ignore" functions. This is not the first time this has bitten someone.

And I don't recall. Can anyone say definitively if the ignore list is global or is there one for each database?