Anyone near Latitude 39 41.736 ???

DyverDown

As per the cache page:

Now that you have an idea of an area where a possible second coord. is, attempt to make contact with a Geocacher in any area along the coord. that you created above.

You can use whatever means necessary for contact. Geocaching forums, phone, email, personal contacts, etc.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to persuade another Geocacher to get out there and take a photo of his GPS (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord. (choice is his/hers) that intersects with the coord. you created from your username above. A photo of the surrounding area would be nice as well!

A point located IN a foreign city would make a better photo then somewhere in the woods! Let's see who has the most imagination & comes up with an interesting place.

I must be able to translate your username & clearly see that that coord. is accurately represented in the photo.

Once that photo is taken, you need to get it into your grubby little hands.

Your buddy can upload it for you to the site. He can mail it for you to post, etc. Then you need to post the log for the find with the picture & tell us where the point is located.

In order for both of you to get credit for the cache, your buddy must email me stating that he took the picture & reference your Username (or put this info into his log if he posts the picture directly for you).

This way you can both log a cache. If he doesn't log, or if you have someone other than a Geocacher do this for you, you will get solo credit providing you have the photo with your log.

quote:
Originally posted by DyverDown:

Cool are you still "in"

any word on the photo's (I have people emailing me wanting to log the find already!)

Retired 2.5 yrs ago after 26.5 yrs.

Got the photos. Email me at

desloman@juno.com

include your email address and I'll email the photos back. I haven't figured out how to send photos on Groundspeak.

Yo DyverDown!

Got the pix. The one of my GPS is readable. The location is Lincoln Memorial Gardens near Lake Springfield, IL. Real pretty this time of year with the lilac trees. I've got a few pix of those with the sign. Let me know where you want them emailed to. I haven't figured out how to attach emails to Groundspeak.

Send your email address to me at desloman@juno.com

quote:
Originally posted by Wadcutter:

The location is Lincoln Memorial Gardens near Lake Springfield, IL. Real pretty this time of year with the lilac trees.

You're making me feel like a cheesehead. I'm 5 miles from the cheese curtain (Welcome to Wisconsin, Smell Our Dairy Air). The leaves on the bushes here are turning green, but I have yet to see any blooms on the lilac 'bushes'. icon_biggrin.gif