Luck of the Irish 2014 Geocoin

Shop Geocaching

Really great business, this geocaching.com I pay my yearly contribution but I cannot buy from their store as I live in Germany!

There are some really good reasons why they do not sell direct on ANY International order ...

but they do offer info on all the local area shops where you CAN buy the same products they offer.

Try: http://shop.geocaching.com/default/international-retailers/#germany

Really great business, this geocaching.com I pay my yearly contribution but I cannot buy from their store as I live in Germany!

There are some really good reasons why they do not sell direct on ANY International order ...

but they do offer info on all the local area shops where you CAN buy the same products they offer.

Just compare prices: Geocaching.com $12,99, Dealer in Germany: $23,00

Edited by Monaghanman

Just compare prices: Geocaching.com $12,99, Dealer in Germany: $23,00

Yes, it is higher than GS Shop in the US. BUT ... if GS had to ship International they would likely have to add $10-12 for postage and Customs forms plus more labor time to prepare shipping than it is for a US customer. PLUS ... I'm sure they might have concerns about avoiding the Euro VAT added.

In cases where International retailers have brought the items into their country, they have already paid the inbound Customs taxes and International shipping to get the items to them. Should they pay these costs and not charge the buyer?

If you wanted ME to buy one for you, I could do that and ship to my US address. $13 for coin and $3 shipping. I can then reship to you, $0 for my time and supplies (if any) and the International Postage of $11. Total is $27 and you send Paypal funds as a 'friend' so I don't pay more Paypal fees, and you wait for overseas shipping ... 7-21 days. If coin does not arrive, you have no Paypal refund and no coin.

Which is better ???