First Iliinois Capital Area Stash Hunters (ICASH) Meeting

bsmalley

Would 6:00 p.m. on March 1, 2003 at the Springfield, Illinois Denny's on Wabash be suitable for our first ICASH meeting?

The address to the Denny's is:

2599 WEST WABASH

SPRINGFIELD, IL 62704

(217)698-1049

----------

A man said to the Universe:

"Sir, I exist!"

"However," replied the Universe,

"The fact has not created in me

a sense of obligation." -- Stephen Crane

If this time/place doesn't work for you, it's certainly not set in stone. Post when and where you would prefer and we'll try to come to a concensus. Thanks.

Brad

----------

"Sir, I exist!"

Thanks for the coordinates Wadcutter. I don't know Springfield at all so the address doesn't help me much. I know assuming usually gets me into trouble, but can I assume if they call for bad weather, this meeting will be rescheduled? Winter is not my favorite time of the year, but getting together with fellow Geocachers is a great thing to do on a cold blustery day.

I'll keep an eye on the weather report. I'm almost wondering if Saturday is too soon anyway. Maybe a little more notice would be good. What do you think?

Brad

----------

"Sir, I exist!"

I'm almost wondering if Saturday is too soon anyway. Maybe a little more notice would be good. What do you think?

I think a little more notice would be good. This might give a few other geocachers a chance to see the post/announcement and respond. Also might be a good idea to put it on the ICASH web site? icon_rolleyes.gif

Okay, I think that more time to plan would be a good idea. There are inherit issues with doing this planning on a discussion board so I will use the ICASH discussion forums to send a mass email with this change. I think two weeks should give enough time while not completely stalling our progress. I am also wondering if a different location should be considered. While our Geographical target area extends well south of Springfield most of our members are going to be from North of Springfield. Seeing as how Springfield is quite a drive for those from Peoria area I am wondering if Lincoln would be better. Of course, Lincoln is great for me but, I am willing to go anywhere so let me know if this will work for you. I think Wadcutter is the only one that will have a longer drive, although I may be mistaken. At any rate, get ready to recieve your first ICASH email bulletin.

Brad

----------

"Sir, I exist!"

The plans are finalized. On Saturday, March 15, 2003 at 6:00 pm the Illinois Capital Area Stash Hunters will have it first meeting at:

N40*09.515

W089*23.247

Anyone able to attend is welcome. I look forward to meeting you all.

Brad

----------

"Sir, I exist!"