Clean up Day in Cincinnati

Ladybuggers!

We just had a meeting of 24 local cachers here in Cincinnati. We decided to join the efforts of the Cincinnati Park Board on May 3rd to clean up some of the city parks. Keep checking this topic for more details.

If you wish to help please email me soon. I will need some definite numbers to give to the park board when we finalize our plans.

Thanks everyone.

Ladybuggers!

OK!

I got a response back from the Cincinnati Park Board and they would love to have our group help them. They, Cindi Nugent, said that they could use a group our size to help clean up Mt. Airy Forest. There is a Senior Olympic event there on the scheduled clean up day for all the other parks, so they will be cleaning that park on MAY 17, 2003. from 9:00 - 1:00.

I emailed all the cachers that made the meeting where we decided to help the parks. I told them of the change in dates and all the responses I got back were positive.

So, I will firm up the arrangements and get an event cache started for this day.

More details to come.

Ladybuggers!

A few new details.

We now have an official event cache for the Clean Up Day at Mt. Airy Forest.

You can find it here

At the meeting that we had we also decided that we wanted to wear the CITO (Cache in Trash out) T-shirts that are available from Geocaching.com while we clean up. They are now available and are remarkably priced at $3.00 for regular sizes, $4.00 for 2XL and $5.00 for 3XL. You can check them out here. We can save alot of money on shipping by combining our orders into one large order.

I know there may be some cachers that might not be able to afford the shirts. The have been a couple teams that have offered to help pay for shirts that others might not be able to afford. So, if you would like to come and can't afford shirts, please let me know and I will get them for you. Names will be kept confidential.

As I stated on the cache page, please let me know if you are planning on attending by either posting a note on the cache page, this forum or emailing me at jsfocke@cinci.rr.com

Let me know how many people you will have and what size shirt you want.

Thanks to everyone who is willing to help out.

Jamey

Ladybuggers!

Allright gang, here are the details:

We are meeting at the area that they call “THE OVAL” The coords at the top of the page are where we will meet. The main entrance for the park is on Colerain Ave at N39 10.798 W84 33.978. When you come in that entrance, take your first left and you will run right into the place.

We will start our work with the Park Board at 9:00 A.M. I would like to have our group start getting together around 8:30 A.M. so I can pass out the CITO shirts and let everyone log their visit on a cache log sheet. We will work til around 12:30 and then meet back at the OVAL for lunch provided by the Park Board.

The activities that the Park is going to have us do involve more than just picking up garbage. They also will be having us pruning some trees and bushes, touching up and re-painting of equipment and various other tasks. They have asked that if you have the following items to please bring them along:

Gloves

Rakes

Loppers

Shears

Watter bottle for yourself.

We are now up to 69 helpers.

See you all soon.

Ladybuggers!

Well, the rain didn't stop, but that never stops die hard cachers. We had a great turnout and got alot done. The Park Board was amazed that so many people turned out on such a gloomy day. We now have a friend on our side at the Park Board.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped out.

You are a great group of people.

Jamey

Ladybuggers!

Sorry I could'nt make it "home" this weekend to help pick up trash in the rain. icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad you had a good turnout for the event and hopefully my travel plans will include a weekend in Cincy when some other event is happening.

Keep us posted here on new events.

"Adrift in a world he never made!"

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Ladybuggers,

Since we bugged out when the younger members got waterlogged we weren't around for the organization talks. Is the meeting at the same place as the one for the CITO event on 6/12 at 7:00? Depending on location we'll probably make it, with such a huge turnout when it rains, imagine what it'll be like for an indoors event. icon_wink.gif

-Mike from Team Mixster

Mixster,

MattieDale is going to try to get us a picnic shelter in Springdale. If he can't arrange that, he said that he should be able to arrange for us to meet at the Firehouse. He will find out these details early this week.

Just watch the picnic event page and I'm sure you will see the exact details soon.

Ladybuggers!

The Location will be at the Springdale Community Center (39 17.430 84 28.808) 12 June at 19:00. The only complcation we may have at this time is the weather. We do not have an indoor place if it rains, although there are enough trees about we could string up a tarp to cover us.