SE Wisconsin geocachers' get-together

Guest kbraband

Guest kbraband

We're thinking of organizing a potluck picnic for sometime late this summer in SE Wisconsin as a way for those who are interested to meet each other. Tentative plans are for a Sunday noon or evening thing, maybe Aug. 12 or 19 or 26. Maybe do it at Harrington Beach State Park where it might be cooler. Or maybe at Pike Lake State Park. Anyone have any opinions on the date? If you do, let us know before we post it as an event cache. ~Ken and Robin

Guest GrouseTales

Sounds great, either the 12th or 26th

will work good for us. I'd be willing to help with planning if needed. The 26th might give everyone a little more time to plan their schedules and the event. A head count might help in determining the size of park needed. Harrington Beach would be nice and cool, however parking might be limited. A larger park with a lake or pond may be nice. It would be fun to set up some temporary caches in the park for the event. So a large park would be better suited for caching. Another idea, Ottawa Lake/Park. There is a pond, group picnic sites, and being in the Kettle Moraine State Forest, there is plenty of room for caching.

~Brian

[This message has been edited by GrouseTales (edited 24 July 2001).]

Guest jvechinski

The 12th would be OK with me, but the 19th or 26th would be better. Maybe plan on having lunch around noon, then doing some cache hunting? Either Harrington Beach or Pike Lake would be fine. But both of these parks already have caches... maybe someone can suggest a different park in SE Wisconsin. And Ken, if you need any help setting up prior to the event, I would be willing to lend a hand.

Guest Yawningdog

Sounds like fun! Count me in. I can make the 12th or the 19th. The 26th is a maybe. Harrington is a great park, and should be cooler. I wonder how Bong Recreation Area would work out? There are still no caches there and it is a fairly large park, with lots of great places for a cache (or ten). Just a thought. I will be there no matter where you guys decide to have it. Let me know if you need any help setting up, or anything. ~ Yawningdog

Guest kbraband

I received this via email from John C. --

The 26th is best and the 19th works for us. Good idea to have near water. Look forward to a pow wow!

Heidi and John C.

Guest jjengel

Sounds Great! Any of the three prospective dates are good for us. We like the Pike Lake location best. We look forward to hopefully meeting a lot of people. Jason and Nicole

Guest kbraband

The picnic and hunt are history, and I think everyone had a great time. Thanks to everyone who took part. CacheCows is planning to set up a web site for photos and information about the event, so watch for that link at the geocaching.com page for the event. Also, you can check out the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel article about the event at http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/aug01/geo27082601a.asp

~Ken