How to get coordinates for caches in a state park

damianhaarhoff

This will be our first time trying geocaching, and I'd really like it to be a positive experience for my 7 young'uns and husband. We are going to be camping at Martin Creek Lake State Park in Texas this coming week. How do I get the coordinates for caches in this park alone? I put in the zip code for the park, but it's pulling up a gazillion caches... either that or I'm not understanding the results properly. The ranger at Martin Creek said there are only about 3-5 of them total including ones that they as a campground have placed and private ones. I need easy ones so my little kids don't get disappointed from not finding them. Help please!

I'll skip all the virtues of using pocket queries (a premium member feature) and say that my usual approach for tasks like this is to use the geocaching maps search:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx

I'll pulled up the park via this map:

http://coord.info/map?ll=32.279188,-94.575493&z=15

When you click that link, you can see the individual caches on the map and click the links to see the cache pages.

Do you need help loading the actual coordinates to your GPS or just help with narrowing down the search location?

East Texas is no longer my stomping ground, so I can't speak to any of these specific caches. I hope you and your family have a blast! We're also heading out this weekend for a camping trip with some caching thrown in. :D

Never mind -- got it! Now I'm just hoping these caches are still there after all these years. :)

If you know about where the park is, just view the Geocaching map on the website and scroll over to where the park is and zoom in. If you're logged in under your account you should be able to click on each cache to access its page and read the description. Scroll down a bit to the recent logs and see if it's been found recently....that should be a good indication whether it's still there or not.