Graveyard of the early Bronze Age

Hi all,

I’ve just started Waymarking and visited only a few spots – but I’m very interested in posting a new one. Very close to where I live is a very interesting place: A cemetery with graves which are 2500-2700 years old – early Bronze Age. Unfortunately the graves are very difficult to discover because of their tininess. Archaelogical excavations were undertake 1939 and 1975 and the graveyard – even if it only looks like a forest – is landmarked.

I can’t find an appropriate category. What do you think: Which category would fit best?

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions,

KR

klokkenmaba

I think these ancient grave sites might be too few to make a good category on their own.

Broadening to "ancient burial sites" might enlarge the pool, say over 1,000 years old?

There is also the issue of protection of many of these sites which may be sensitive archaeological locations. There are many of these listed in the United States in the Register of Historic Places, for instance. Others, of course, may be bona fide tourist locations.

Or, we might conceive of a category for "Publicly Accessible Archaeological Sites." Just try to define that term, though.

Any other brainstorming ideas out there?