New Content

DonB

Normally if I check the forums every morning it will give me 4 or 5 new pages. The past two days it tells me no new content. If I go to the drop-down window and select 24 hours it tells me no new content, but if I choose week it will show me about 14 pages. Has anyone else ran into this?

Normally if I check the forums every morning it will give me 4 or 5 new pages. The past two days it tells me no new content. If I go to the drop-down window and select 24 hours it tells me no new content, but if I choose week it will show me about 14 pages. Has anyone else ran into this?

I'm looking into this issue at the moment, but I haven't been able to find anything out of the ordinary. Querying the database directly, the last_visit time for each user is updating properly and new posts are also being timestamped. They both use POSIX time and I believe those are the two important fields for determining new content.

You mention a drop-down window to select a week of new content--how do I find that?

I'm looking into this issue at the moment, but I haven't been able to find anything out of the ordinary. Querying the database directly, the last_visit time for each user is updating properly and new posts are also being timestamped. They both use POSIX time and I believe those are the two important fields for determining new content.

You mention a drop-down window to select a week of new content--how do I find that?

Justin, the link to select all activity in the last 24 hours ("Today's active content" at the bottom of the Forum home page) is also broken and that should be independent of any user last_visit time, as it returns all posts made during the 24 hour period, even if not new for the user selecting the link.

Here's the easiest way to get to it. Look at the bottom right.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active