The Spring 2014 contest for a contest

CacheDrone

I have some trackables to give away again. But unlike my usual contests that I place on my profile page or in these Canada Forums, this time my idea is to tap your creativity. This contest is only for players that own active caches placed inside Ontario, Canada. Here's the contest for those wishing to try and win a trackable.

I want YOU to create a contest that I will run to give away a trackable item to three different Cache Owners. I alone will decide which contest idea that I like best. Whoever's contest I pick as the best will win two matching trackables. The contest to create a contest runs from March 1st to March 20th. The winner will be announced on March 21st and that contest will be posted here, which will run from March 21st to June 21st. Email your contest idea and player account name to me at cachedrone@gmail.com or through my profile page. Only one entry per player will be accepted, and remember you must already own an active cache listing in Ontario to participate.

I'm looking for something WOW, and having been reviewing for almost seven years I know that Ontario Cache Makers should be able to come up with a really fun contest.

I reserve the right to post any contest suggestions, whether they win or not, here in this forum after the winner is announced. By submitting a contest suggestion you agree that I may use your idea for a trackable giveaway and your only compensation will be the two matching trackables. Prizes will be mailed via Canada Post and the winner will be required to submit an address to send the prize to.

:cool: CD

I'm happy to announce the winner of the Spring 2014 "contest to make a contest" contest. Kreamer&bearsKrew came up with what I considered to be the best idea. The theme that is dear to their hearts is all about the hike, so they proposed "Distance from the nearest road"

So here is how to score points. These are to be calculated as of midnight June 21st, 2014 for any geocache published after March 21st, 2014.

1 point if your cache is 1 to 3km from the nearest road

3 points if your cache is 3 to 5km from the nearest road

6 points if your cache is 5 to 7km from the nearest road

10 points if your cache is 7 to 10km from the nearest road

15 points if your cache is more than 10km from the nearest road

These points are multiplied by the number of finds on unique days. In other words, you do not score more points for people that find it on the same day as someone else. Distance is calculated based on the coordinates of the actual container, not the posted coordinates unless the cache is a traditional cache of course.

Hopefully this will strike a nice balance between a cache placed at a distance from the road, and those that might not get found often because they are too far or out of the way. Remember, caches are meant to be found!

Please post a link to your cache hide here in this forum thread in order to promote it, as well as enter it into the contest.

:cool: CD