Notification Emails needs more info!

djhobby

Notification Email is nearly USELESS! Can we at least get who hid the cache on a notification email? How about including the .gpx for the cache in the notification email? We don't care who approved the cache, add some useful information in the notification email!!!! Difficulty, Terrain, Cache hider, etc... would be useful.

Notification Email is nearly USELESS! Can we at least get who hid the cache on a notification email? How about including the .gpx for the cache in the notification email? We don't care who approved the cache, add some useful information in the notification email!!!! Difficulty, Terrain, Cache hider, etc... would be useful.

(Bolded mine) Assuming you're speaking for yourself, since there may be some who do.

While I would like to see some changes, you probably could have just bumped the thread of the same subject you participated in on 9/13, as there doesn't seem to be anything new on the table in this one...

You're right. I don't care who approved the cache. Because everything is available on, wait for it........the cache page.

Shocking, I know :blink: but is is called a notification and I think it does very well at notifying us :rolleyes: the stop sign near my house is useless. It just says stop, it doesn't tell me the speed limit. I wonder why it's called a stop sign :ph34r:

Like I said there are other things that do what you want, called the cache page. You want to be able to download from an email? Try the pocket queries.

I'm fine with notifications, with one exception: additional info on how far the cache is from the home coordinates :rolleyes: When a cache was published the other day I shouted: new cache, just 10km, ftf hunt! Turned out, it was 10km from the notification center point, which is some 60km from home :rolleyes: Ok, reading the actual cache description also helps, I admit. Btw, the only reason I have two sets of notifications is because I can cover the whole country I'm living in with just two. :lol:

While I would like to see some changes, you probably could have just bumped the thread of the same subject you participated in on 9/13, as there doesn't seem to be anything new on the table in this one...

Thanks. From now on, before I post anything to the internets, I'll just email you first to make sure it's alright.

Thanks. From now on, before I post anything to the internets, I'll just email you first to make sure it's alright.

Sorry, but opening a thread with what just amounts to the same often heard gripe, without a workable game plan, simply becomes unnecessarily repetitious .

I'm fine with notifications, with one exception: additional info on how far the cache is from the home coordinates :rolleyes: When a cache was published the other day I shouted: new cache, just 10km, ftf hunt! Turned out, it was 10km from the notification center point, which is some 60km from home :rolleyes: Ok, reading the actual cache description also helps, I admit. Btw, the only reason I have two sets of notifications is because I can cover the whole country I'm living in with just two. :lol:

My notifications do tell me how far and in what direction the cache is from my home coordinates. Don't know why yours don't.

Example:

For GC4Z467: The birds are watching you (Traditional Cache)

11.7mi N (18.9km N)

OReviewer published The birds are watching you (Traditional Cache) at 2/24/2014

My notifications do tell me how far and in what direction the cache is from my home coordinates. Don't know why yours don't.

Example:

11.7mi N (18.9km N)

He explained why. The notification is not based on his home coordinates. Notifications can be based on any coordinates, not just your home. I have a notification that covers a State Park in a neighboring state.

Each notification has a name and that name is at the bottom of the email.

Example:

11.7mi N (18.9km N)

Got this one over night:

For GC4ZCKJ: Shepherd's Delight (Traditional Cache)

10mi N (16.2km N)

Xanthe Terra published Shepherd's Delight (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2014

and

For GC4ZCY4: Sole Tree #1 (Traditional Cache)

5mi N (8.1km N)

Xanthe Terra published Sole Tree #1 (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2014

which, when going to the cache page tell me that:

1. N 82.8 km from your home location

2. W 34.4 km from your home location

and both are approximately 70km apart :lol:

That's what I mean with notifications not showing the distance from your home location but from the midpoint of your notification area.

Mrs. terratin.

Example:

11.7mi N (18.9km N)

Got this one over night:

For GC4ZCKJ: Shepherd's Delight (Traditional Cache)

10mi N (16.2km N)

Xanthe Terra published Shepherd's Delight (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2014

and

For GC4ZCY4: Sole Tree #1 (Traditional Cache)

5mi N (8.1km N)

Xanthe Terra published Sole Tree #1 (Traditional Cache) at 3/1/2014

which, when going to the cache page tell me that:

1. N 82.8 km from your home location

2. W 34.4 km from your home location

and both are approximately 70km apart :lol:

That's what I mean with notifications not showing the distance from your home location but from the midpoint of your notification area.

Mrs. terratin.

But that makes more sense to me, I have 2 centres of notification, one centred on home, the other on my office; so for the office notification I need to know whether I can get there in my lunch hour, not how far it is from home.

As for the original question, I would find it useful to have the cache owner in the notification but it's no big deal for me.