A request appeared on my Inventory

Repsov

I've recently had a * appear in my inventory next to a TB that I've had for a while. Stating that it had been inactive for 14 days.( My longest slump was only 13 days long. Over 12 months ago?) could I either move it on or as a courtesy contact the owner if I had lost it.

At the risk of being pedantic. Please could someone define the words active and inactive for me.

If I had just keep the TB and done nothing at all, that would be inactive.

The odds are also very high that if that was the case. I properly wouldn't be writing this post.

However, whilst accepting I've had it longer than I should, 6 weeks. I've taken 3 relevant photos, added many miles and dipped over 60 caches.

That in my mind is not inactive.

The request was not owner generated, as I had a very nice reply from them.

As for the TB I'm now going to drop it off at an Event cache this weekend.

I've recently had a * appear in my inventory next to a TB that I've had for a while. Stating that it had been inactive for 14 days.( My longest slump was only 13 days long. Over 12 months ago?) could I either move it on or as a courtesy contact the owner if I had lost it.

At the risk of being pedantic. Please could someone define the words active and inactive for me.

If I had just keep the TB and done nothing at all, that would be inactive.

The odds are also very high that if that was the case. I properly wouldn't be writing this post.

However, whilst accepting I've had it longer than I should, 6 weeks. I've taken 3 relevant photos, added many miles and dipped over 60 caches.

That in my mind is not inactive.

The request was not owner generated, as I had a very nice reply from them.

As for the TB I'm now going to drop it off at an Event cache this weekend.

A visit should not be inactive, I only keep a TB for a while if I am travelling far away within a month.

I've taken 3 relevant photos, added many miles and dipped over 60 caches.

Yikes! Man, I don't like scrolling through pages and pages of Visit logs to see whether the traveler has met its goal or just to see where it has actually been. I wish people wouldn't do this. :(

Yikes! Man, I don't like scrolling through pages and pages of Visit logs to see whether the traveler has met its goal or just to see where it has actually been. I wish people wouldn't do this. :(

I personally enjoy seeing a TB on the move. Be it dipped or dropped. I feel its far better than just sitting in a cache going no place. Or having been retrieved sitting in a back pack in the back of a car .

But hay ho it's only a game and every one to his own.

Greetings from the UK.[:)]

I personally enjoy seeing a TB on the move. Be it dipped or dropped. I feel its far better than just sitting in a cache going no place. Or having been retrieved sitting in a back pack in the back of a car .

You can't tell from empty visits that it's not sitting in a back pack in the back of a car, entirely forgotten. (I don't know what TB we're talking about or whether you're leaving the visit logs blank, I'm just making a general comment.)

You can't tell from empty visits that it's not sitting in a back pack in the back of a car...

Or on a desk at home.

Plus, the trackable owner doesn't get notices of visits (thankfully) so they still need to go to the trackable page to see if anything is happening.

I don't care if the trackable sits in a cache a long time because it is waiting for its next cacher, someone different than the last one.

I agree and disagree. In general I have a great dislike of 90 gazillion visits on my bug/coins, however if they have photos with all the visits that's my goal anyhow. I can't travel a lot so use my track able to see new people and places. I want to see where my trackables are. I always try to take photos when I get trackables whether visit or drop/pick up