Maps failing to display, showing as blank

cerberus1

Thanks for the "heads up" on turning off the compatibility view settings. Got the maps back. Now, just have to wait and see what else might happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Didn't have to wait long. Yes, I get the maps back, but then my GPS is not recognized. Add geocaching.com back to compatibility settings and the map is blank, but the GPS is recognized. Oh well.

Edited by Bigbee43

YES, removing geocaching.com from the list of Compatibility View websites in IE11 did the trick. However, I know I put it on that list in the past to get something else to work. I just can't remember what it was. Grrr :blink:

Yep, for me it was the Garmin Communicator "not loaded" when trying to send to my GPS that was the old issue fixed by adding gc.com to compatibility list. Now we can only have one or the other working?

It appears this latest issue came concurrently with the new proximity maps in the "hide a cache" suite. Cheezits.

Edited by cheech gang

Well, the good news is that we can see the maps, the bad news is that we can't download a cache from them. I know that this is a roundabout way, but I used the maps and sent GPX files to GSAK and downloaded all of them at one time. Not ideal, but until a fix is figured out - that's how I'll have to do it. :blink:

Bigbee43, can you explain a bit further? Are you saying you can't download a cache now from the maps?

Here the same problem, the Garmin plugin is not detected, activating compatibilitymode seems to fix this, but the maps are gone again. It seems you can't have both,(plugin and maps), at the same time.

I use windows 8.1 and IE11, worked fine untill now.

I can't speak for Bigbee43, but I believe I know what he is saying.

After removing GC.com from the compatibility list the maps are working again. However, if you click on a cache on the map and attempt to "send to GPS" it will not work unless gc.com is put back on the compatibility list. The Garmin Communicator won't be recognized without GC.com back on the compatibility list. This is the case whether you are trying to send to GPS from the map or from the cache page itself.

edited to say: OOPS, this is the same comment as the post I just noticed above this one...

Edited by cheech gang

I spoke too soon:

With GC.com on compatibility list:

Maps work fine.

Send to GPS now also works when sending from cache page

Send to GPS does NOT work when clicking the cache icon on the map and trying to send to GPS from that balloon.

Okay, okay, I give up... :laughing:

- I'll just hafta wait for CJ to stop over.

off, on...off, on...

My maps were broken earlier today and now they work. I have IE 11 and geocaching.com is in the compatibility list. Geocaching.com MUST be in the compatibility list, otherwise the Garmin Communicator cannot be detected. That problem has been discussed in many other forum threads.

Here is my current summary:

1. Maps work fine - they were fixed today by Groundspeak.

2. Send to GPS works when sending from cache page

3. Send to GPS does NOT work when clicking the cache icon on the map and trying to send to GPS from that balloon. The Garmin Communicator cannot be detected.

So there are still some problems with the maps, but at least I can see them now.

Bigbee43, can you explain a bit further? Are you saying you can't download a cache now from the maps?

At the time of posting, No - I couldn't download a cache from the maps. Sorry for the delay in replying, but of all things, I was out seeking caches. Now, I can download a cache from the map by clicking on the cache name and downloading from there, but not from the bubble. Better than nothing and I'll get used to it.

Okay, so we are now able to view the maps by removing Geocaching.com from the compatibility mode. However, here's the dilemma - we had a previous issue with being able to download a single cache directly to the GPS and the solution was to ADD Geocaching.com to compatibility mode.

Will there be a solution so we don't have to keep adding/removing Geocaching.com from compatibility mode? It is awkward and inefficient.

Thanks!

Okay, so we are now able to view the maps by removing Geocaching.com from the compatibility mode. However, here's the dilemma - we had a previous issue with being able to download a single cache directly to the GPS and the solution was to ADD Geocaching.com to compatibility mode.

Will there be a solution so we don't have to keep adding/removing Geocaching.com from compatibility mode? It is awkward and inefficient.

Thanks!

As of now, keep the compatibility enabled. You can see the map and download a single cache. The bubble doesn't work, but if you click on the cache and go to the cache page, you can download it. Just one extra step, but it works.

Okay, I did that and I have the map back again, but now the Groundspeak site don't recognize my GPS anymore.

It says download the plugin, and if I want to download the plugin again, it says: You already have the latest plugin.

So it doesn't work for 100% yet!!

:(

You have to bring up the cache page and download from there - not the icon itself. One extra step