TB HOTELS

Ma & Pa

14 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

They are saying that they would like TBs swapped. " replace it with another one "

Here's what I said:  Our TB hotel just had its last TB taken and now for the first time, it's empty.  But I'm glad to read the above post because it did have many TBs. It would be nice though if cachers, when taking a TB, would replace it with another one. I know that isn't possible and that is fine but I do see it happening at times. One time someone took 2 TBs from our hotel but also left two in their place. Off topic. There is a real cool TB Hotel that we found

14 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

The TBs are meant to travel, so this shouldn't be expected. I have a TB hotel and I don't expect people to swap TBs. They are there to be picked up and moved on. If I want TBs in my hotel it's up to me as the TB hotel owner to supply it, not other people.

Again, my cell wouldn't submit my reply so excuse any duplicates. Thanks for this. It's what I needed to hear. I'm ordering 4 TBs this morning. We did place TBs of our own in the hotel, purchased online and then added our personal attachment (one was my husband's Boston Marathon metal that he didn't mind giving up because so far he has ran in 22 marathons. lol) The goal for that one is to keep it "running". Thanks everyone for your informative posts. 

16 minutes ago, HunterandSamuel said:

PS. The TBs are going to take 5 business days to get to me. It would be nice if more geocaching retail stores opened so we can just walk in!

Due to limited number of local customers, pop up retail stores are usually opened only at some larger events. Check your event calendar. You may find a suitable event.

1 hour ago, HunterandSamuel said:

PS. The TBs are going to take 5 business days to get to me. It would be nice if more geocaching retail stores opened so we can just walk in!

Would there be enough business to sustain them? Our local REI set up a few square feet of display area to sell geocaching items, but there just wasn't enough business to justify the investment. They still sell things that can be useful to geocachers, of course, but they don't stock anything that is specifically a geocaching item.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, niraD said:

Would there be enough business to sustain them?

Our local REI set up a few square feet of display area to sell geocaching items, but there just wasn't enough business to justify the investment.

They still sell things that can be useful to geocachers, of course, but they don't stock anything that is specifically a geocaching item.

Yep.  We had a couple businesses around here that were online "stores", but allowed walk-ins.  All we were aware of went belly-up.

We mostly see people fresh n new into the hobby wonder why there "isn't a store nearby".   :)

23 hours ago, niraD said:

Would there be enough business to sustain them? Our local REI set up a few square feet of display area to sell geocaching items, but there just wasn't enough business to justify the investment. They still sell things that can be useful to geocachers, of course, but they don't stock anything that is specifically a geocaching item.

Probably not but having an aisle of geocache supplies at a sports store would be idea.  

27 minutes ago, HunterandSamuel said:

Probably not but having an aisle of geocache supplies at a sports store would be idea.  

Yep. That's exactly what happened. REI (an outdoor recreation store) had a section of geocaching supplies (not a whole aisle, but a small section of an aisle). There wasn't enough business to justify the expense, in an area with a large, active geocaching community. So they no longer carry geocaching supplies.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, niraD said:

There wasn't enough business to justify the expense, in an area with a large, active geocaching community. So they no longer carry geocaching supplies.

One we were in, a much smaller outfit than your example had geocaching "stuff" on an end cap,  but it seems they canned the idea too.

Maybe they believed the one or two people that stopped in, saying that it would be popular...    :)

Since around '09 or so, when chatting with non-cachers outdoors, they do "know about" the hobby, but that doesn't make it mainstream.

We are pretty new to geocaching.  We started it some years ago but quit do to a very bad experience unrelated to what I am writing here. I want to make a travel bug hotel. Here are my ideas so far and if you have thoughts that would improve it let me know. It will be on our property near a hwy and active park so it seems like a good place for people to drop off or pick up travel bugs. There is a lane way on the least used corner of our property where geocachers won't disturb our dogs.  There is a dense bunch of cedars beside that laneway and the cache will be tucked in there. The cache is an old Canada Post mail collection box that was put out of commission decades ago and given to me as a gift. Inside I want to put in a plastic tool drawers for the hotel "rooms".  I want to set it up with a fun theme like that famous one in Florida did such as have a hotel lobby were the large TBs can hang out and a box of tradables as well as the log book. I want the hotel to be precisely at the co ordinates.  I know how to do that by checking carefully multiple times on different devices. I want to make opening the lock on the cache a good tough challenge.  I've been working on ideas for this.  

When we first started geocaching two things turned me off.  One is still to upsetting to talk about.  The other one was buying a geocoin, giving it an assignment and putting it in a cache only to have it stolen that same day.  I say stolen because it was never logged as removed from the cache, never entered a new cache, and is now marked unknown.   I have 2 unknowns now.  I realize it happens but when you first start it makes for disappointment.  I sent out a stunning Ontario coin and was quite worried about it.  I would like to retire it and get it back.  I wonder if that can happen?  Thankfully it is in safe hands that keep it visiting caches and I can learn about it's travels.  

I have purchased a number of geotags, geocoins, and travel buddies and have been holding them, building up to stock this TB hotel.  I won't put them all in at once but release them slowly. Hopefully my cache will provide a safe place for other people wanting to move TBs along their assigned missions.  

My hope is that people would read the missions of the TBs and only take one if they can help move it on it's mission.   For example, I have a friend with a tb that he wants to have go to harbours.  If you don't plan to go to harbours then leave his TB for someone who can.  That seems fair to me.  I have one that's mission is to visit forests, that is pretty easy and so I expect it to move frequently.

People grabbing all the TBs in a cache might not be stopping to read their missions and see if they can help the owner move them in the direction they wish. It doesn't feel thoughtful to empty a cache of TBs just because you can hog them without thinking of their owner and the assigned missions. The owner wants them moved along yes but according to their missions.

Someone here mentioned they feel TBs are becoming somewhat rare.  If that is true could it be from people who grab them and hoard them, people who had them in their possession when they quit the game, and from caches that were muggled?  Those aspects would discourage someone from buying TBs.

I think a secure TB hotel cache could be a fun and useful place if it is near where people travel through.  I think cachers are on their honour to take only the TBs whose mission they can help and leave some for others, preferably swapping with one you are carrying if it doesn't contradict or impede the mission of the TB.

Edited by Micah's Rich Future
5 minutes ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

I think cachers are on their honour to take only the TBs whose mission they can help and leave some for others, preferably swapping with one you are carrying when possible.

What if the one I'm carrying has a goal that has nothing to do with visiting your cache? Why should I leave it in your cache just because you prefer that people swap trackables?

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

The cache is an old Canada Post mail collection box that was put out of commission decades ago and given to me as a gift. Inside I want to put in a plastic tool drawers for the hotel "rooms".  I want to set it up with a fun theme like that famous one in Florida did such as have a hotel lobby were the large TBs can hang out and a box of tradables as well as the log book.

Sounds nice. There's one I've seen that was built like an actual hotel, with rooms, beds for the TBs to lie down on, a penthouse suite...

20160507_113323.jpg.7a106e11a8f809d6ccbf5d1803139cfc.jpg

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

I want to make a travel bug hotel.

When we first started geocaching two things turned me off.  One is still to upsetting to talk about.  The other one was buying a geocoin, giving it an assignment and putting it in a cache only to have it stolen that same day.  I say stolen because it was never logged as removed from the cache, never entered a new cache, and is now marked unknown.   I have 2 unknowns now.  I realize it happens but when you first start it makes for disappointment. 

I sent out a stunning Ontario coin and was quite worried about it.  I would like to retire it and get it back.  I wonder if that can happen? 

Thankfully it is in safe hands that keep it visiting caches and I can learn about it's travels.  

I have purchased a number of geotags, geocoins, and travel buddies and have been holding them, building up to stock this TB hotel.  I won't put them all in at once but release them slowly. Hopefully my cache will provide a safe place for other people wanting to move TBs along their assigned missions.  

My hope is that people would read the missions of the TBs and only take one if they can help move it on it's mission.   

For example, I have a friend with a tb that he wants to have go to harbours.  If you don't plan to go to harbours then leave his TB for someone who can.  That seems fair to me.  I have one that's mission is to visit forests, that is pretty easy and so I expect it to move frequently.

People grabbing all the TBs in a cache might not be stopping to read their missions and see if they can help the owner move them in the direction they wish. It doesn't feel thoughtful to empty a cache of TBs just because you can hog them without thinking of their owner and the assigned missions.

The owner wants them moved along yes but according to their missions.

I think a secure TB hotel cache could be a fun and useful place if it is near where people travel through. 

I think cachers are on their honour to take only the TBs whose mission they can help and leave some for others, preferably swapping with one you are carrying when possible.

As you found out with your first, once that trackable leaves your hands you have no control.     :)

Curious, have you been in contact with the cacher "Visiting" your trackable ?   Are they taking pictures with the trackable included ?  That's rare.

I'd guess so, otherwise you wouldn't even know if they still had it.

Do you plan on including each trackable's mission on a card along with it ? 

- I cache with a GPSr.  If nothing's there, I wouldn't even know what your mission could be without one. I'll still take one though...

When I get home,  to see your friend's harbor trackable's mission, I'll put it in another cache heading to one.  ;)

If you write that you'd prefer that people swap, and that take only trackables who'd mission they can honor on the cache page, you're probably not gonna get your cache published.

If a sob like me sees it added  later, someone will often let the Reviewer know you have an ALR on your cache, for trackables.

-  Probably be minus a few more than a swap too...

If you have a TB-hotel and you want TB's in your hotel to be discovered. Well, go out and buy some TB-tags. Create some nice discover items. Pin, nail, paste, glue or what ever them in your Tb-hotel to make it look nicer. Give visitors something to discover.

But please, use your own travel bugs and do not abuse other travel bugs for that. Because they are meant to travel.

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 2
9 minutes ago, Twentse Mug said:

If you have a TB-hotel and you want TB's in your hotel to be discovered. Well, go out and buy some TB-tags. Create some nice discover items. Pin, nail, paste, glue or what ever them in your Tb-hotel to make it look nicer. Give visitors something to discover.

But please, use your own travel bugs and do not abuse other travel bugs for that. Because they are meant to travel.

Hopefully no one abuses the idea of TBs by hording them or stealing them but acts honorably and sends them on according to their mission

55 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Curious, have you been in contact with the cacher "Visiting" your trackable ?  YES

Are they taking pictures with the trackable included ?  YES

I'd guess so, otherwise you wouldn't even know if they still had it. I also watch the logs and see where my TBs have traveled to and who has them where now that is fun

Do you plan on including each trackable's mission on a card along with it ? YES

- I cache with a GPSr.  If nothing's there, I wouldn't even know what your mission could be without one. I'll still take one though...

When I get home,  to see your friend's harbor trackable's mission, I'll put it in another cache heading to one.  ;) That sounds like the right thing to do! You act honourably

If you write that you'd prefer that people swap, and that take only trackables who'd mission they can honor on the cache page, you're probably not gonna get your cache published. I will try and see what the reviewer says and make any suggested changes after all if someone takes a trackable it should be to help with the TB mission

If a sob like me sees it added  later, someone will often let the Reviewer know you have an ALR on your cache, for trackables. I don't know what ALR means

-  Probably be minus a few more than a swap too... I don't know what you mean

On 1/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, HunterandSamuel said:

It would be nice though if cachers, when taking a TB, would replace it with another one.

Just hope for it and be happy if that happens - perfect!

Write it in the listing - not perfect at all.

I think that is the difference. Any TB hotel owner may hope for whatever he likes but you shouldn't make your own rules about other's property. Unfortunately you often read something like that in these listing as many hotel owners think they were allowed to claim how others exchange TBs.

You may write that you would appreciate if cachers .... but even that isn't as good as it still might stop cachers from retrieving TBs when they don't bring own ones (having a bas conscience not following the owners wish?).

I would like TB hotel owners to write about the background of trackables and that anyone should drop and take whatever he likes to help the TBs; and that you shouldn't just discover the trackables but help them move - that would be a nice listing to a TB hotel, wouldn't it be?

I am sure, if it is a good hotel new TBs will enter regularly so the number of visitors will rise again.

• Helpful 1
7 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:
On 1/11/2020 at 5:55 AM, NYPaddleCacher said:

A jeep for dirt roads and tracks.  A Ferrari for drivable power trails.

But they still need to pull over in the rough and possibly long grass while the cache is collected :D.

The butler can drive ahead and mow the grass ready for the Ferrari to park.

• Funny 3
5 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:
6 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

If a sob like me sees it added  later, someone will often let the Reviewer know you have an ALR on your cache, for trackables.

I don't know what ALR means

ALR stands for Additional Logging Requirement. They are not allowed. See the Help Center article:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=107&pgid=823

• Helpful 1
6 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

If you write that you'd prefer that people swap, and that take only trackables who'd mission they can honor on the cache page, you're probably not gonna get your cache published. I will try and see what the reviewer says and make any suggested changes after all if someone takes a trackable it should be to help with the TB mission

The Reviewer's a good bet. 

I do understand that you want to do the right thing.  I'd like that too.    :)

But you really can't post restrictions or make suggestions to people with trackables that don't belong to you, on the cache page.

We know a few people that realize that the odds of someone actually accomplishing their trackable's mission is slim.

- They'd like it to happen, but realize they'd be just as happy to see it still going, hopefully moving cache-to-cache by different people.   ;)

There's more than a few (the OP in this thread is one...) that if they see any "swap", or other "suggestions" on the cache page for trackables not the COs,  they've been known to remove as many as they can handle.  

Good luck with your new project. 

• Upvote 1

One idea I've seen that seemed to help, have different boxes/sections for the direction TB's are heading (generally East, West, North South) and Misc. for TB's without a specific direction.  I know that only works if the person dropping off the TB puts in the right section, but I don't look at the TB's going directions I'm not.

• Helpful 1
10 minutes ago, The Jester said:

One idea I've seen that seemed to help, have different boxes/sections for the direction TB's are heading (generally East, West, North South) and Misc. for TB's without a specific direction.  I know that only works if the person dropping off the TB puts in the right section, but I don't look at the TB's going directions I'm not.

There was one near a local airport here that was divided into "Arrivals" and "Departures".

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 2
9 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

The Reviewer's a good bet. 

I do understand that you want to do the right thing.  I'd like that too.    :)

But you really can't post restrictions or make suggestions to people with trackables that don't belong to you, on the cache page.

We know a few people that realize that the odds of someone actually accomplishing their trackable's mission is slim.

- They'd like it to happen, but realize they'd be just as happy to see it still going, hopefully moving cache-to-cache by different people.   ;)

There's more than a few (the OP in this thread is one...) that if they see any "swap", or other "suggestions" on the cache page for trackables not the COs,  they've been known to remove as many as they can handle.  

Good luck with your new project. 

I've appreciated the helpful comments and feedback as I planned the new cache. I WAS excited about making a new cache and planning all the details. We play the games for fun, the forest walks and solving neat puzzles. I enjoy seeing TBS go on their missions.  After reading community posts showing a few people's attitudes toward the game and others inferring helping tbs on their missions doesnt matter but they'll grabb every TB they see reguardless  where is the fun and honour in the game?  I'm left with why make a new cache at all.  

8 minutes ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

I've appreciated the helpful comments and feedback as I planned the new cache. I WAS excited about making a new cache and planning all the details. We play the games for fun, the forest walks and solving neat puzzles. I enjoy seeing TBS go on their missions.  After reading community posts showing a few people's attitudes toward the game and others inferring helping tbs on their missions doesnt matter but they'll grabb every TB they see reguardless  where is the fun and honour in the game?  I'm left with why make a new cache at all.  

It doesn't make much difference if a TB is sitting in a cache waiting for the right person to get the TB to its destination, or someone grabs it (or all the TBs) and moves them on without regard to their mission. It might one day meet up with the 'right' person who can take the TB to its destination. The 'right' person might never visit that hotel and find the TB. It does help though if the TB has a clear message of what its mission is written on a piece of paper. Not everyone logs it in the field and sees what is said in its online description. People like me only find out the TB had a mission when later sitting in front of the computer. It is annoying though when someone picks up a TB (using a real example here) clearly marked, "ONLY take this TB west' and then they take it east. If a TB does have a mission, attach a clearly written note and state what its mission is. I have taken several TBs to their wanted destinations, or very close to it. I do make an effort for some with missions, if I think I can assist.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

After reading community posts showing a few people's attitudes toward the game and others inferring helping tbs on their missions doesnt matter but they'll grabb every TB they see reguardless  where is the fun and honour in the game?  I'm left with why make a new cache at all.  

A fun and honor cacher may grab any and all such TBs and place them elsewhere.  TB Hotels tend to be black holes for TBs to vanish into, possibly worse than the box of TBs at an "Event".

"TB Hotels" tend to be some of the most disappointing caches for hiders or finders who are hoping to log TBs.  Cache Owners add requirements to “take only one TB and trade it with another TB” which is rarely a TB's Mission.  The finders arrive to a mess of variously mis-logged TBs to unscramble, and a huge list of TBs long gone.  A Cache Owner could spend a lot of time marking TBs "Missing" (some that might have been logged eventually if not marked "Missing"), researching those and the ones still inside the container, yet has little control over who takes what, or which logs occur.  TB Hotels highlight the disaster that is “TBs”.  Be sure you need that strife before making a TB Hotel.

Good luck! :)

Edited by kunarion
Gotham City needs me.
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Goldenwattle said:

It does help though if the TB has a clear message of what its mission is written on a piece of paper.

I've seen TB hotels where the CO made a point of adding goal tags to any TBs that had goals, but didn't have tags stating their goals. And if the TBs didn't have goals, then they added generic "I'd like to travel" goal tags.

• Helpful 1
4 minutes ago, niraD said:

I've seen TB hotels where the CO made a point of adding goal tags to any TBs that had goals, but didn't have tags stating their goals. And if the TBs didn't have goals, then they added generic "I'd like to travel" goal tags.

Some of my TBs by design are traveling the world with no bag and no slip of paper.  If I find one, I might not add or remove anything... I found it in the wild, therefore something about it must be OK.  I'd prefer nobody, including TB Hotel Owners, add or remove anything from my own TBs.  I'd type that into the TB description, except there are already four paragraphs of what I'd prefer, that nobody reads. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
21 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

I want to make a travel bug hotel. Here are my ideas so far and if you have thoughts that would improve it let me know. It will be on our property near a hwy and active park so it seems like a good place for people to drop off or pick up travel bugs. There is a lane way on the least used corner of our property where geocachers won't disturb our dogs.  There is a dense bunch of cedars beside that laneway and the cache will be tucked in there. The cache is an old Canada Post mail collection box that was put out of commission decades ago and given to me as a gift. Inside I want to put in a plastic tool drawers for the hotel "rooms".  I want to set it up with a fun theme like that famous one in Florida did such as have a hotel lobby were the large TBs can hang out and a box of tradables as well as the log book. I want the hotel to be precisely at the co ordinates.  I know how to do that by checking carefully multiple times on different devices. I want to make opening the lock on the cache a good tough challenge.  I've been working on ideas for this.  

Oh, I love your idea!!! Using an old Canada Post Mail collection box as a TB hotel and tool drawers for the rooms! Have fun and good luck! It's your hotel so you can do what you want with it, make requests, etc. I would love to see a photo.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

It will be on our property near a hwy and active park so it seems like a good place for people to drop off or pick up travel bugs.

I forgot to add. I think your location is perfect. I made the mistake on choosing a location, although a busy road, not many geocachers travel on to drop off a TB. 

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, Micah's Rich Future said:

they'll grabb every TB they see reguardless  where is the fun and honour in the game?

Like some of the others here, I cache with a GPSr and log when I get home so unless there's something written on a TB, I have no idea what its mission is at the time I see it in a cache. As a general rule, if I find a TB in a cache I'll take it to move along because my understanding is that the primary goal of TBs is to move, not sit in a cache indefinitely.

Last week I travelled down to central Sydney where I found a cache with a TB in it, which I took with me, but when I got home I saw that its mission was to travel to Sydney and the last log showed that it had been dropped into that cache by someone who had just arrived in the country. So really at that point it had completed its mission so what was I supposed to do with it? Leave it in that cache? It's not a very big cache (an MKH) so it was struggling to hold both that TB and its logbook, let alone any others that might come along. My intention now is to drop it in another Sydney cache, probably this morning if I find one suitable, and let it be someone else's problem.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3
3 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I cache with a GPSr and log when I get home so unless there's something written on a TB, I have no idea what its mission is at the time I see it in a cache. As a general rule, if I find a TB in a cache I'll take it to move along because my understanding is that the primary goal of TBs is to move, not sit in a cache indefinitely.

There was a cache in one of Callaway Gardens' exclusive subdivisions, archived due to being under the little footbridge in the greenspace maintained by the HOA.  Disallowed, no cache can be there.  I was unsure of that container, but at least I didn't want the TB to evaporate.  So I was unfun and dishonorable by taking the TB, logging it and moving it.  And its goal is "go west, never east".  This cache was as "west" I intended to go (I hadn't even planned to hunt that cache).  So I researched a suitable cache further west, went there, found the cache and placed the TB.  Whew!

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I cache with a GPSr and log when I get home so unless there's something written on a TB, I have no idea what its mission is at the time I see it in a cache.

Last week I travelled down to central Sydney where I found a cache with a TB in it, which I took with me, but when I got home I saw that its mission was to travel to Sydney and the last log showed that it had been dropped into that cache by someone who had just arrived in the country. So really at that point it had completed its mission so what was I supposed to do with it? Leave it in that cache? It's not a very big cache (an MKH) so it was struggling to hold both that TB and its logbook, let alone any others that might come along. My intention now is to drop it in another Sydney cache, probably this morning if I find one suitable, and let it be someone else's problem.

- One mystery cache nearby was dependent on trackables "with a clue" staying within the county.   :)

It had a few replacements,  finding the things in other countries, or just missing.     Issues by long-time players too...

It just became a pain-in-the-can to get players to pay attention, and read the cache page, so was finally archived.

A "mission" would have been redundant, but was included with each trackable.      :D

Our issues with "missions" is similar. 

Very few make it clear what happens after its mission's been met, but we understand that few ever meet it anyway.  ;)

Sometimes even the TO's gone before the trackable these days, and never really planned that far in advance... 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:31 PM, Micah's Rich Future said:

When we first started geocaching two things turned me off.  One is still to upsetting to talk about. 

A cacher that found a new cache of mine hidden in the woods in a park said that he hasn't cached in our town in years because of an upsetting incident that happened in the same park. He and his two young daughters were caching there,  two other caches are hidden deep into the woods. Someone saw them going into the woods and called the police (a man going into the woods with two young girls looked suspicious to them). It was awful for him, being approached by the police in front of his daughters, being questioned and his daughters were also questioned, having to explain to the officers that they were his daughters and that they were geocaching. He was happy to be back years later though to find the new caches. 

On 1/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, niraD said:

It would be nice if more geocaching retail stores opened so we can just walk in!

I think there are a handful out there.  They are not really geocaching stores, so much as online businesses that are available for visits.  Space Coast Geo-Store is one in the US.  Apart from that, best bet is to hit up a vendor at a mega event.

I don't know if geocoinshop.de is open for visits, but they do have a vending machine on their back fence, available 24/7 (the cache is free, the cache containers and TBs cost money).  If you happen to be in my neck of the woods, it's only a 25 minute drive or so.

Edited by hzoi
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, niraD said:
14 minutes ago, hzoi said:
On 1/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, niraD said:

It would be nice if more geocaching retail stores opened so we can just walk in!

For the record, that wasn't something I said. It was something HunterandSamuel said.

Wrote.

Whatever.

And I thought I quoted them, not you.  Sorry about that.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, hzoi said:

I think there are a handful out there.  They are not really geocaching stores, so much as online businesses that are available for visits.  Space Coast Geo-Store is one in the US.  Apart from that, best bet is to hit up a vendor at a mega event.

I don't know if geocoinshop.de is open for visits, but they do have a vending machine on their back fence, available 24/7 (the cache is free, the cache containers and TBs cost money).  If you happen to be in my neck of the woods, it's only a 25 minute drive or so.

Thank you for this information! It's really appreciated. And thank you for your service. I love the photo of you on the personal protection thread. 

8 hours ago, HunterandSamuel said:

When a TB has reached its goal, message the owner to see if they would like it back. Our son did this, the owner wanted it sent back to him and was very appreciative. 

International postage from Australia is frightfully expensive now, especially to Europe. Even sea mail of a small item is well over $20 and anything over 500g cops an extra surcharge for security screening.

• Upvote 1

The couple of times that  anyone had "please send it to me" on their trackable's page, we put it in a cache nearby, with an email which one,  or handed it to someone heading that way to do the same. 

It's not my trackable.     If it ends up missing in the mail, I'd  be the one berated.   I'm not coughing up the cash for intl. insurance n stuff...

• Helpful 1