Holding real estate

lukedrywalker

Once I let me reviewer know I am working on soemthing, they will hold it for 2 weeks.

However, I have several things in the works (listing created but not submitted). If they come as conflicts in a proximity search b ythe reviewer, they will contact me and see what eh story is. Usually these are real rough coordinates, and I usually let the reviewer know the other cache can take the space.

Six months sounds like a long time, unless there are special circumstances.

How long can a reviewer hold a location and not allow a cache be published there? Someone supposedly is working on a puzzle cache in the location i have placed a cache.

I don't know there is a universal rule on it. I've been told about 60 days if there is a conflict between two different cachers. Of course I found more issues with a Maryland reviewer (since dismissed) than the review here in Florida (Palmetto has been great). I haven't had the issue in Florida yet, but a buddy did. 6 months seems length, so maybe...politely...ask the reviewer if it truly as to be that long.

As far as I know, it will be held until someone else tries to place a cache nearby, then you will be notified if you want to keep that location and have your cache published, or not.

I believe you are right on that one. So I get to keep my spots till someone tries to move in on them.

As far as I know, it will be held until someone else tries to place a cache nearby, then you will be notified if you want to keep that location and have your cache published, or not.

I believe you are right on that one. So I get to keep my spots till someone tries to move in on them.

I'm gonna go with this answer. I held a spot...way out in the sticks...for something like 2 years, with every intention of hiding a cache there, until I was asked if that spot was still available. Then I realized that after 2 years, maybe I didn't have all that much intention of hiding one there, and let the other person have it. Oh well, one more cache for me to find.

I have 2 caches in the works... still waiting on permission before I can publish them. So far the locations are cache free and I will still be able to use the locations. If someone else gets them first, so be it, I just hope to be able to get mine published first.

Wondering when u would publish again. My understanding is that when u generate a GC code for a cache page it holds

That spot. Even though unpublished or not enabled for review, any cache submissions afterwords are temporarily blocked. Reviewer

Will contact you to see where you're at and may give you time to enable. That being said your spot is secure and nobody can

Take it without you being notified. I have started generating listings to secure location and then I work on cache at my leisure.

Less pressure and you are assured the spot is tagged and held.

I did have one of my caches blocked by another unpublished listing. The reviewer let me know about it and they would contact

CO to see if they wanted to proceed with their cache. They were given two weeks or so before the spot was eventually

Given to me. That, to me, was very fair, but may vary from reviewer to reviewer. Six months seems way too long.

Ran into this before. I think I was given 2 to 4 weeks.

Ran into it too, when I wanted to hide 2 caches on a new trail. The placeholder was given 2-4 weeks. The placeholder wasn't ready to place their caches, I got the spots about 4 days after I submitting. 2-4 weeks seems fair.

I have a cache in the works for our groups next event.

It's a spot that has been available for several years and no one has used it, so I'm using it for a night cache.

I submitted the initial check on the location(s) in early January.

The location(s) are mine and will be held for publication in early May, so 5 months.

Recently some reviewers have been archiving any held for a year. You can fix that if you re-create them.

Also if another cacher tries to submit a cache within the 500ft of the spot your holding, then the reviewer will contact the cacher holding the spot and give them 30days to submit it or they will archive it. This is what I experienced on both ends.

There may also be outside elements for an extended period. A geobuddy was telling me he wants to place a cache in part of his series that is currently under construction. From what he says, he made the page, estimated the coordinates, submitted the page (to let the reviewer know) and is still waiting on the roadway (and hence the right-of-way) for the cache to be placed. I pass by regularly and the road is still not done after six or more months of construction (and looks to be a few more months yet (though the sidewalk was poured the other day). As far as he knows, no conflicts have come up, but he has been waiting and hopes it won't be an issue as there are some nearby spots that could potentially get a cache. This is a specific situation though.

And just to point out - just because you create a page, doesn't mean the spot will be held for you.

There are a couple possibilities I can think of off the top of my head: at some point, the page can get old enough that the reviewer ignores it (that age is different for every reviewer), a reviewer can overlook a placement holder cache page by accident.

And just to point out - just because you create a page, doesn't mean the spot will be held for you.

There are a couple possibilities I can think of off the top of my head: at some point, the page can get old enough that the reviewer ignores it (that age is different for every reviewer), a reviewer can overlook a placement holder cache page by accident.

There is a point at which reviewers will archive the page, even if never published because of the age. But someone above did indicated correctly (as I understand it) that the GC code can dictate who has priority. True...if a reviewer thinks it is because of "squatting", then no. But otherwise, it is the guideline I believe reviewers use. One reason I'm happy to have Palmetto as a reviewer in my region now, versus some former reviewers in the Maryland/DC region that played games with me and lied to me about a cache I wanted to place.