Can't get "Ignore" to work

jas12

When I try to get a Category on my "Ignore" list I got "500 Server error".

I click on red tumb down to ignore and then I got the error

I don't have anything on my Ignore list.

Hope someone could help. In the mail from Groundspeak thy write they don't have time for Waymarking they have only time for Geocaching.

When I try to get a Category on my "Ignore" list I got "500 Server error".

I click on red tumb down to ignore and then I got the error

I don't have anything on my Ignore list.

Hope someone could help.

(BOLDED AND ITALICIZED FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT BY JHUONI)

In the mail from Groundspeak thy write they don't have time for Waymarking they have only time for Geocaching.

REALLY? I'd love to see this mail.

Getting such a mail from Groundspeak is very easy!

Just post any request about Waymarking to the support at Groundspeak and you will receive a simular mail.

Some times ago I have sent a request about the missing icons at Waymarking and offered some selfmade icons to be used.

This was the answer:

Thank you for your interest in Waymarking and for your offer to use these icons. Unfortunately, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching in order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past couple of years. This means that we do not currently have the resources to make changes to Waymarking, even to implement your icons. Sorry that we can't be of more help at this time.

Best Regards,

Jon ("Moun10Bike")

The icon problem has been solved meanwhile ...

Ironic - I've tried to save my message twice now, and I keep getting an ERROR.

What I said was:

So I pay my annual subscription to support GEOCACHING. An activity I have not really done since June of last year.

Bummer...

I don't know if I will be able to sleep at night.blink.gif

Edited by jhuoni

I feel the same way. I'm paying a premium membership for something I rarely, if ever, do. I'm just not into Geocaching any more. I much prefer Waymarking. But the only reason I get the premium membership is to be able to download the waymark .GPX files.

Maybe those of us who aren't into Geocaching should just send a message to Groundspeak on the order of: Sorry, not renewing my premium membership because I do Waymarking (instead of / much more than / whatever) Geocaching, and you are not supporting Waymarking. Problem is that it'll be months before my premium renewal comes up.