Summer road trip / geocaching adventure

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

A couple of friends and I will probably be going on at least one "road trip" of sorts over the summer. I'm hoping ot make it a "Cheesy roadside attractions" and Geocaching hybrid. The attractions are going to be culled mostly from Roadside America (www.roadsideamerica.com), a fantastic site!

Basically, I was looking for an excuse to take a day or two off and have fun exploring our wonderful country. Our first try will probably take us south and to the west. Our second will probably take us West through PA and south, wrapping back around through WV and back to Cleveland.

It should be fun, I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Guest kbraband

Sounds like fun. RoadsideAmerica is a great site. Thanks for listing it. You may also want to check out a web site "Tackiest Place in America Contest". It's not as comprehensive, but has similar subject matter. The address is: http://www.thepoint.net/~usul/text/tacky.html

I wonder how long it will take sites like these to start listing coordinates for the listed attractions.

Guest Froggy

Thanks... and thanks also for the suggestion to the tackiest places. I will definitely see if there's anything there that will be on our way!

Perhaps I should contact the roadside america folk and see if they'd be interested in putting GPS coordinates for each entry. When I visit a few, I'll be sure to make some notes so I can submit them.

I'm looking forward to it!