Ohio caches mostly in Cleveland South East Side?!?

Guest Froggy

From the looks of it, most of the caches are located in Cleveland's South East side. What about the West Side and other places?

In an effort to do my part, I'm planning a series of caches in the area, some in the Emerald Necklack / West side Metroparks regions.

I'm also considering putting one or two in the Cleveland Heights / Shaker Heights area.

Look out and create some caches to find, folks!

Hello Froggy,

Sound great! I have a cache sitting right next to my desk that I was thinking about hiding in the Shaker Lakes area. I was also thinking about one further east. Maybe Big Creek state park would be a good place. There is alot of hiking trails there to explore. I agree though the west siders are lacking for caches. I think the present ones are were they are because of the Cuyahoga National Recreation area down that way. I think four of the five Ohio caches are in the national park. Hide it and they will come icon_smile.gif Good luck searching and hiding.

Matt

Hello Froggy,

Sound great! I have a cache sitting right next to my desk that I was thinking about hiding in the Shaker Lakes area. I was also thinking about one further east. Maybe Big Creek state park would be a good place. There is alot of hiking trails there to explore. I agree though the west siders are lacking for caches. I think the present ones are were they are because of the Cuyahoga National Recreation area down that way. I think four of the five Ohio caches are in the national park. Hide it and they will come icon_smile.gif Good luck searching and hiding.

Matt

Big Creek would be a fantastic idea. I used to live right off of the road (on Kawanis drive). There's also some nice areas in Berea and North Royalton. Plenty of big wooded areas. I did, however, just drop off my first cache in the Cleveland Heights area (right down my street. Hopefully it will be on the Ohio page sometime soon.

At least now I have a good reason to go biking with my fiance once the weather gets a little warmer.

I look forward to coming across some of your caches!

For what it's worth, there's a new cache in the Cleveland Heights area, waypoint GC1D9.

Nothing too big. I'm sure there's a better hiding spot, so when this cache is stolen (as I presume it will be) I'll plant another in the same area that's perhaps a little better hidden.

Sweet, That cache is very close to my house I hope to get it in the next day or two. It within 300 feet of a spot I had scouted out earlier when I was thinking about putting a cache in the Shaker Lakes area. I guess I will have to go to plan B. Thanks for putting one so close to home.

Matt

Guest Hamster

I found Froggy's Cleveland heights cache. I hope to plant one in the Solon Metropark on Sunday, so that will cover the solon area, which is also south-east but at least its still in cuyahoga county.

hey all...

i just registered monday and am anxious to start staching caches! i have been exploring the MetroParks (Emerald Necklace) since i was 12, and know them like the back of my hand. I can think of MANY great sites for caches. for an urban area, the MetroParks is a GREAT place for a sport like this!!

i can think of MANY scenic places that people would love to see.

------------------

Bob

Cleveland, Ohio

... look for the green bus!

Hide away! Its great, the number of caches that are spring up here in the Cleveland area. I just went and found froggy's cache tonight. I lived less then a mile from the cache. Now that makes a Geocacher happy. I look foward to any new caches we get in the area. I hope to get some free time to hide my own.

Good Luck

Matt

I had actually considered putting a cache of some sort at CWRU (since I graduated from and still work there.) I'm still deciding on a decent spot to hide it... the trick is, it has to be a place that students won't accidentally find it, nor would see anyone else finding it. As soon as someone is seen trying to find the thing, it's all over and is as good as gone. There are options, but I'm still deciding on the best way to do it. I'd be interested to see where you put yours if you decide to put one together.

- Froggy

Sounds good, the meeting that is. I don't see why we couldn't start a little group of some sort. My schedule is pretty tight this year (I'm heavily involved with about 3 student groups), but I can always find time for a little geocaching!

Hey Guys,

I would think that we could hide some micro caches on some of the moder art floating around campus. That new sculpture in the court yard outside BRB is just begging for a micro cache when its is finished. We would have to be careful when we hide them and seek them so they don't grow legs.

Matt

The area around Eldrid Theater is ripe for the caching. One of my other concerns is the grounds crews on campus. They're almost too good and tend to dig up everything and replant it every so often, especially when the University grounds have to look good icon_smile.gif

The area around Eldrid Theater is ripe for the caching. One of my other concerns is the grounds crews on campus. They're almost too good and tend to dig up everything and replant it every so often, especially when the University grounds have to look good icon_smile.gif

Guest Hamster

For a microcache I would suggest something that is not burried. I'm sure I'd get lots of odd looks if I'm on my knees digging up the flower beds.

hehe

I'd suggest microcaches that can be quickly planted, collected. For instance, Take a Can of altoids to hold contents, buy a strong magnet from Radio shack, and "stick" the cache to the bottom of a campus mail box or something. icon_smile.gif Might be an idea eh?

Guest Hamster

For a microcache I would suggest something that is not burried. I'm sure I'd get lots of odd looks if I'm on my knees digging up the flower beds.

hehe

I'd suggest microcaches that can be quickly planted, collected. For instance, Take a Can of altoids to hold contents, buy a strong magnet from Radio shack, and "stick" the cache to the bottom of a campus mail box or something. icon_smile.gif Might be an idea eh?

Guest Hamster

Of course, now when I post a cache on campus, I'll have you crawling under all the mailboxes hehehe.

I'll try to think of a good place, but using a magnet to support the cache on a metal window frame or object increases possibilities.

I love the magnet idea. Finally a use for all those old hard drives that I like to tear apart after they die. The head magnets would be great for this. You could even put a chunk of magnet in the bottom of a film canister and the head magent would be strong enough to stick the film canister to the metal object.

Cool Idea

Matt

Found your cache, mcb, as noted in the log for your cache. I see this is really becoming popular in the Northeast Ohio region.

Anyway, maybe sometime in the next month or so we could have an information "geocaching night out" or something like that? Try to see if we can draw some interest and have a few drinks at a local pub! (Barking Spider? Jillians?)

My schedule's pretty packed for the next couple of weeks, but I can always make room for some fine beverages! Gives me a reason to take out the fiance as well (She knows the GPS unit better than I do sometimes...)

Guest Hamster

How about a meeting u need 2 find with a compass. For instance, we could all plan on meeting at a cache location at a particular time. A cache party. Food and Drinks could be brought along. BTW I found MCB's CWRU microcache! Good location. I like the magenet Idea, very clever! icon_smile.gif

Guest Hamster

How about a meeting u need 2 find with a compass. For instance, we could all plan on meeting at a cache location at a particular time. A cache party. Food and Drinks could be brought along. BTW I found MCB's CWRU microcache! Good location. I like the magenet Idea, very clever! icon_smile.gif