Indiana Cachers: Who and where are you?

The_Wright_Family

Did you guys read about the sheriff shooting the cache in Hartford City in the GC topics forum? Scary--makes you leery of urban caches...

Yeah , I seen it and I know the cache owner . HE HAD PERMISSION.

Tin Lizzy

Sad that people are that gun ho to think that everything is a bomb , if only the person in charge of investigating would have talked to the owner of the establishment before blowing it all out of proportion.

I am going to contact the cache owner and direct him to the Geocaching Topics forum .

Star of Team Tigger International

Star and Ev, I think I found the waterfall that you guys found and at least 6 others on the same path next to the river. I hid three caches there, but they are very hard to get too, terrain 4. You have to be spider man.

;):lol:;);) Great glad you found it and the others as well , as for the terrain difficulty , scuse us LeadDog but has that stopped us on your other WaterFall Caches ? We look forward to the challenge ! and Thank you for placing new caches again. If we lived closer to your area we would help you place caches down there !

Gosh, I guess we really blew it on this one! We want these caches to be FUN, not a source of irritation. The First Finders, who are experienced cachers, didn't like the container or how it was placed and they're probably right. They didn't like the Terrain rating or the proximity of the Trail Trees. And they didn't like the fact that it was a MOC cache. So, We've upped the terrain rating to 3.0, and opened the cache up to everyone. And we've disabled it until we can get out there and change the container and its placement. Can't do anything about where the trees are, tho! Sorry about all the trouble... --Patrick

*sigh* , Just a note to you Patrick on your newest cache Patrick's Trail Trees. Please do not let the disatisfaction of One cacher have you changing your caches . Your Page clearly stated that the find would be a bushwack . I dont see that there is anything for you to be sorry about . Plus if you want it to be a MOC , I see nothing wrong with that either . Just my 2 cents ... ;)

*here have a milkbone* scritches Patricks head...

Did you guys read about the sheriff shooting the cache in Hartford City in the GC topics forum? Scary--makes you leery of urban caches...

Yeah , I seen it and I know the cache owner . HE HAD PERMISSION.

Tin Lizzy

Sad that people are that gun ho to think that everything is a bomb , if only the person in charge of investigating would have talked to the owner of the establishment before blowing it all out of proportion.

I am going to contact the cache owner and direct him to the Geocaching Topics forum .

I just have one comment on that. Why would you want to shoot anything at something that is suppose to be a "bomb"? To me that doesn't make sence. Poor Kidkrazy and Poor Cookcrew. I feel bad. I hope they don't charge him with anything.

Star and Ev, I think I found the waterfall  that you guys found and at least 6 others on the same path next to the river. I hid three caches there, but they are very hard to get too, terrain 4. You have to be spider man.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that you found them. I'm sure as soon as Star and I can we will be down there looking for them. You know they will probably turn into a wonderful day in the world of Ev until...... :lol:;) I am looking forward to finding these as soon as possible !!!!!!! Sixdogteam, Partick You all rockkkk..

I can't wait to get these. I have to try and get them the wrong way. It makes for much more fun stories for you and Patrick to poke fun at :P:)B):P;) ;) B);)B)

Star and Ev, I think I found the waterfall  that you guys found and at least 6 others on the same path next to the river. I hid three caches there, but they are very hard to get too, terrain 4. You have to be spider man.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that you found them. I'm sure as soon as Star and I can we will be down there looking for them. You know they will probably turn into a wonderful day in the world of Ev until...... ;):P I am looking forward to finding these as soon as possible !!!!!!! Sixdogteam, Partick You all rockkkk..

I can't wait to get these. I have to try and get them the wrong way. It makes for much more fun stories for you and Patrick to poke fun at :lol:B);):D :D ;) :PB);)

Well, the cache pages are done, but I haven't activated them for approval yet. I'm not even sure I want you guys looking for them, it mite be too dangerous-- My problem was, there is a path right on the edge of the river, that you can see the waterfalls from, and a path way up on the bluff, that you can't see the waterfalls from. In between is this very steep bluff/cliff. So I want people to be on the lower path, but I can't hide the caches down there, because when the river rises, they mite get washed away. So I hid them half way up the bluff (the first two). So you have to climb up the steep bluff, and hang on to trees while you retrieve the cache. I don't want you guys to get hurt...so I'm thinking it over. Maybe I will up the difficulty rating to make them fives's. B)

Trust us LeadDog , Getting hurt is not on the top of the list , we may do some silly things but if it looks to difficult for us or we think we cannot accomplish it .. We wait and go get the Guys ( which would be Wulf my other half or Ev's friend NoClue or even our friend Encapone) ! They are Guys they will do anything ya know you men you all have to be macho dont ya ;):lol:;);)

Trust us LeadDog , Getting hurt is not on the top of the list , we may do some silly things but if it looks to difficult for us or we think we cannot accomplish it .. We wait and go get the Guys ( which would be Wulf my other half or Ev's friend NoClue or even our friend Encapone) ! They are Guys they will do anything ya know you men you all have to be macho dont ya :lostsignal::unsure::o:o

I'm not really into that whole 'macho' thing. With me it's more like 'too stupid for his own good'<g>

Wulf

Trust us LeadDog , Getting hurt is not on the top of the list , we may do some silly things but if it looks to difficult for us or we think we cannot accomplish it .. We wait and go get the Guys ( which would be Wulf my other half or Ev's friend NoClue or even our friend Encapone) !  They are Guys they will do anything ya know you men you all have to be macho dont ya  :lostsignal:  :unsure:  :o  :o

I'm not really into that whole 'macho' thing. With me it's more like 'too stupid for his own good'<g>

Wulf

Hehehe. I want to go. I wanna find these. I won't get hurt to badly :o I promise. Just because I can be a little on the dingy side I won't get hurt. Sham on Ma for nominating dad and the guys. *sniffels* I feel depresed. Oh well. Noclue would do it though. hehe. Loves ya.

Well he mentioned that he was at both of mine earlier that day. I sure hope the FBI won't come looking for me :mad: Actually I was kind of aimming on a joke with this one but it does have me worried. But yeah not sure if someone answered the question but the reason they shoot it so they can set it off and it not going off while they try to defuse the cache.

Yeah, If I make them into two multis instead of 4 caches, the distances will work out-- I wonder if it's kosher to have a multi with two stages and two logs and allow two finds? Is that ever done? Aw shucks, I'll just have to drag that stoopid little dog out there and convert them, but frankly I don't want to have to climb up those cliffs again!! I could make them into one multi, all part of Patrick's secret, but I hate to have a 4 stage multi--If you can't find one stage, you're screwed...

Yeah, If I make them into two multis instead of 4 caches, the distances will work out-- I wonder if it's kosher to have a multi with two stages and two logs and allow two finds? Is that ever done? Aw shucks, I'll just have to drag that stoopid little dog out there and convert them, but frankly I don't want to have to climb up those cliffs again!! I could make them into one multi, all part of Patrick's secret, but I hate to have a 4 stage multi--If you can't find one stage, you're screwed...

I do not see that this would be a problem ..They are your caches and your rules for logging your caches wouldnt it be . Just like say logging a locationless its the cache owner that sets the requirements for a "find".

The pearl of Allah is an ugly mis-shapen pearl over 9" long and weighs 14 pounds, last sold for sixty million bucks, aacacording to Paul Harvey today--what kind of oyster would THAT be?

A Really BIG one ?

And perhaps we will take you up on that offer and hide a cache or two down that way for you to find as long as you are willing to help maintain it !

You hide it, i'll find it, i'll maintain it for you or you can archive it as soon as we've found it! how's that?

The pearl of Allah is an ugly mis-shapen pearl over 9" long and weighs 14 pounds, last sold for sixty million bucks, aacacording to Paul Harvey today--what kind of oyster would THAT be?

Really???????????? I'd be happy to do that as well. As long as Ma is alright with this too. :unsure:

LOL @ Ma. That is funny

PEARL OF ALLAH

This gargantuan pearl of highly irregular (baroque) shape was discovered at the Palawan island in the Philippines in 1934. It was the perfect place to discover such a pearl as that part of the world is a habitat of a giant clam known in the scientific community as Tridacna gigas. These giant clams can grow up to five (5) feet in length, and can reach a weight of up to 400 lbs.

Pearl's strange size and physical appearance apparently made a very profound impression on the diver that discovered it. He named it Pearl of Allah. Since he was a devout Muslim, he probably thought that the find was so incredible that it was not possible for the discovery of the pearl not to have something with god's will. Considering pearl's measurements, it is not too hard to figure out why he experienced pearl's discovery in such a highly religious manner.

In fact, other people that saw the pearl in person made similar religious associations. The pearl is also known as Pearl of Lao-tze (the philosopher who founded the Taoist religion in China).

Being almost 10 inches long and weighing in at an astounding 14 lbs, it is the largest pearl on record. Pearl's monetary value seems to be commensurate with its out-of-this-world dimensions. Experts estimate the value of the pearl to be around $40 million.

The Allah Pearl

In 1936 Wilbur Dowell Cobb was given the pearl as a gift by a chieftain of Palawan for having saved the life of his son. In 1980, Cobb's heirs sold it to a jeweler in Beverly Hills, California, for $200,000. It is now estimated to be worth upwards of $40,000,000!

It has recently (1999) been sold or at least negotiated for.

Is it the really biggest pearl? At 14 pounds (6.4 kg) there is little doubt. The giant clam, Tridacna gigas, is the only mollusk that could have produced such a large pearl. Its shell is so large that it is often used as an oversized baptismal font in the South Seas, particularly in the Philippines, the only Catholic state in Asia (though with large Muslim, Chinese and tribal minorities)

What's wrong with you people? My head is about to explode! Way more info than I wanted on that pearl. I wonder if Pippa and Ev are being influenced by their alien-outerspace kitties and weiner dogs? Patrick, who is a very patriotic American dog, is out there right now sniffing our cats and examining them for any alien characteristics, like little antennae sticking out of their heads....

What's wrong with you people? My head is about to explode! Way more info than I wanted on that pearl. I wonder if Pippa and Ev are being influenced by their alien-outerspace kitties and weiner dogs? Patrick, who is a very patriotic American dog, is out there right now sniffing our cats and examining them for any alien characteristics, like little antennae sticking out of their heads....

LOL. :lol:

I get my insperation from my daddy. He has been known to be a wealth of useless information. So I thought that I would try to be just like him. Just tring to help *sniffles* :D

Poor little dog gettin blamed for that. Just because she is nursin the kitten don't mean nothin :D:lol:

Ev is an alien ..... this worrys me greatly as I am providing her with a home as well as the alien weiner dog ....

Now Ma, You can't prove anything. :lol::lol: I refuse to anwser anything that shall incriminate me. I have that right ya know :D:D

I thought that everyone knew that I was an alien. I'm not all there. Read my Wonderful day in the world of Ev's... Y'all should've figured that one out :D:):)

Patrick has this thing about hiding caches near waterfalls, and I have this thing about hiding micros in old pioneer graveyards--Guess what, we were wandering around this old cemetery south of ?Wabash and all of a sudden I hear this wooshing sound, like a wind raising up in the trees--we move closer to the sound, and Patrick's like "That's not wind that's WHITE WATER! Sure enough, the edge of the cemetery overlooks a deep gorge, with a creek and a ssurging series of cascades--not a free-fall, but close enough. So now we have a Waterfall-cemetery cache!! YUou hoo! From Deep in the heart of the Red States!

Patrick has this thing about hiding caches near waterfalls, and I have this thing about hiding micros in old pioneer graveyards--Guess what, we were wandering around this old cemetery south of ?Wabash and all of a sudden I hear this wooshing sound, like a wind raising up in the trees--we move closer to the sound, and Patrick's like "That's not wind that's WHITE WATER! Sure enough, the edge of the cemetery overlooks a deep gorge, with a creek and a ssurging series of cascades--not a free-fall, but close enough. So now we have a Waterfall-cemetery cache!! YUou hoo! From Deep in the heart of the Red States!

So has it been placed and approved as yet ?

*scritches Patrick's head*

I see this post has been hijacked. :unsure: Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. I'm a noob GC'er from NW Indiana, found my first catch today. (Lucy and Co. 'The Back 80') Thanks to all the veterans on this board too. (former Marine here, was stationed in 29 Palms, CA)

Patrick has this thing about hiding caches near waterfalls, and I have this thing about hiding micros in old pioneer graveyards--Guess what, we were wandering around this old cemetery south of ?Wabash and all of a sudden I hear this wooshing sound, like a wind raising up in the trees--we move closer to the sound, and Patrick's like "That's not wind that's WHITE WATER! Sure enough, the edge of the cemetery overlooks a deep gorge, with a creek and a ssurging  series of cascades--not a free-fall, but close enough. So now we have a Waterfall-cemetery cache!! YUou hoo! From Deep in the heart of the Red States!

just submitted it, should be approved in a few hours. Patrick jumps up and licks Ev's nose.

Patrick has this thing about hiding caches near waterfalls, and I have this thing about hiding micros in old pioneer graveyards--Guess what, we were wandering around this old cemetery south of ?Wabash and all of a sudden I hear this wooshing sound, like a wind raising up in the trees--we move closer to the sound, and Patrick's like "That's not wind that's WHITE WATER! Sure enough, the edge of the cemetery overlooks a deep gorge, with a creek and a ssurging  series of cascades--not a free-fall, but close enough. So now we have a Waterfall-cemetery cache!! YUou hoo! From Deep in the heart of the Red States!

just submitted it, should be approved in a few hours. Patrick jumps up and licks Ev's nose.

AWWWW Thank you Partick. Ma's feelin left out.

GREAT!!!!! Now we can come find it.!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being so late. Welcome to the addiction TanTuv.!!!!!!!!!!

You hide it, i'll find it, i'll maintain it for you or you can archive it as soon as we've found it! how's that? The pearl of Allah is an ugly mis-shapen pearl over 9" long and weighs 14 pounds, last sold for sixty million bucks, aacacording to Paul Harvey today--what kind of oyster would THAT be?

Well just to let you know LeadDog and Patrick , we took up your challange and hid a cache down in your area . As of this moment we are just waiting for approval. Its all about you guys as well ! We hope you will enjoy it ! There's a treat in it esp . for Patrick as well . :blink:

I've run out of places to hide caches. I've done all the cemeteries, covered bridges, boat ramps, waterfalls,  reservoirs... I don't know where to go next.

Paulding County, Ohio could use some. Van Wert County, too.

Pipanella, you know I can't maintain caches that far away. Sounds more lilke your territory. Besides, to honor the new marriage between Sears and K-Mart We've decide on a new series--"Bargain Quest--Interesting Lamp posts in K-Mart Parking LOts". :huh:

I've run out of places to hide caches. I've done all the cemeteries, covered bridges, boat ramps, waterfalls,  reservoirs... I don't know where to go next.

Paulding County, Ohio could use some. Van Wert County, too.

Pipanella, you know I can't maintain caches that far away. Sounds more lilke your territory. Besides, to honor the new marriage between Sears and K-Mart We've decide on a new series--"Bargain Quest--Interesting Lamp posts in K-Mart Parking LOts". :huh:

Yeah, I know. Four caches are all I can manage at the moment. I just wish there were more cachers in our area, so they could hide more caches!