Indiana Cachers: Who and where are you?

The_Wright_Family

I have a frog and a camel pullin my buggy.

EV, isn't that "Froggy" from Andy Devine's ( I think this was after he was Jingles on the Wild Bill Hickock show) old TV show, "Our Gang", where he used to say "Plunk your magic Twanger, Froggy" and Froggy would appear in a puff of smoke and say "Hiya, kids, Hiya, Hiya!" and Midnight the cat would fly around in her bi-plane dreating havoc, and the show was sponsored by Buster Brown Shoes, and Buster Brown and her dog Tige would always say something like "We're friends, and friends stick together--with Scotch Brand Cellophane Tape" and they would show short films of the Lil Rascals from the thirties, Is it that froggy, huh, huh? I know you're way to young to have even read about all this in your history books...yes, they had TV in the 50's, well maybe the Amish didn't... I don't recognize that camel, tho, altho Patrick says he does.

I have a frog and a camel pullin my buggy.

EV, isn't that "Froggy" from Andy Devine's ( I think this was after he was Jingles on the Wild Bill Hickock show) old TV show, "Our Gang", where he used to say "Plunk your magic Twanger, Froggy" and Froggy would appear in a puff of smoke and say "Hiya, kids, Hiya, Hiya!" and Midnight the cat would fly around in her bi-plane dreating havoc, and the show was sponsored by Buster Brown Shoes, and Buster Brown and her dog Tige would always say something like "We're friends, and friends stick together--with Scotch Brand Cellophane Tape" and they would show short films of the Lil Rascals from the thirties, Is it that froggy, huh, huh? I know you're way to young to have even read about all this in your history books...yes, they had TV in the 50's, well maybe the Amish didn't... I don't recognize that camel, tho, altho Patrick says he does.

LOL @ SixDogTeam @ Patrick.

Your right I didn't have t.v. in the 50's. lol

they're commin to take me away they're commin to take me away. ;):P:(:( I love me. :)

I hate to be a party pooper but could we please make this topic less like abject silliness or the off-topic forums and more like a topic with actual useful content? As far as I can tell the topic was started so that people could introduce themselves and to tell others where they are physically located in this great state of ours.

Thank you,

I hate to be a party pooper but could we please make this topic less like abject silliness or the off-topic forums and more like a topic with actual useful content? As far as I can tell the topic was started so that people could introduce themselves and to tell others where they are physically located in this great state of ours.

Thank you,

No need to be a party pooper...... sometimes its about keeping a topic alive ya know <_<

I posted to this topic about a year ago but there is no harm in repeating.

From Lafayette/Purdue area. Been caching with a GPS since Mar '03. Before that I found one cache from the description alone; something I still like doing if I know the cache hiding area well. Have hidden a handful of caches and have co-sponsored one event last Feb' 04. I prefer caches that take me on a hike -- the 1-2 star difficulty and 3-4 star terrain type -- although a good puzzle is also fun at times. Really dislike wet caches in non-interesting locations. Use to go out caching with my friend SKeillan but then he got married to a non-cacher. :rolleyes: I sometimes drag my wife along caching. She usually spots the caches faster than I do! However she often does not like the hikes. If we can ride our bicycles then she is game.

Recently I have been talking with Joypa. His wife is also a reluctant but willing-to-support-her-spouse type of cacher. The Lafayette area is fairly low density in caches and thus Joypa and I will probably go out together later this year down to Indy or other points an hour so away in order to pick up some new caches. Joypa and I are also sponsoring a small geo-picnic Oct. 24th. We would like to meet other nearby cachers. Personally I think it would be interesting to meet Torry ... a person who likes pigs has to be neat. :rolleyes:

We are Team Tigger

Our names are

Star ... she's from Topeka IN

Wulf ...he's from Windsor , Ont. Canada

we are engaged and been dating for 7 years.

Our Adopted Daughter in Awsome Ev .. Topeka IN

Star has a Funny looking Little dog (short stubby legs looks like a weiner), a Beautiful Spoiled Golden Retreiver , a Handsome Tom Cat and a Kitten that was a cache find.

Ev and Star know where Bippis is we found caches there and stopped into a local establishment to grab a beverage where the lady asked Ev to sing for her (scary ) .

Ev and Star are also Jealous of Mintaka as he got to meet Patrick and Lead Dog . *scritches Patricks ears* Yes you are a stud.

Happy Belated Birthday to you Pip. Had to work that Sunday Evening so we couldnt make your Party.

RPW you must be Big Mike ? of 13 Graves and a Ghost ? Nice cache anyway. :rolleyes:

We love geocaching its become an obsession .:D

We are planning on being at the Potowami WildCache Event this weekend and hope to see some of you there !

:D:rolleyes::huh::D

[

BIPPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And how many people besides you and me know where THAT is?!?!?!  :rolleyes:

Hello.

My name is Patrick

I know where BIPPUS is also, Pip.

It's the hometown of the famous network sportscaster, what's his name.

I like to go geocaching.

Chris Schenkel. I knew that! I hadn't thought of that in years, though. Does he still do sports? I haven't seen him around for awhile...

Thanks, Star. It was a great birthday! I would have loved to have met you, and I also would love to go this weekend, but Jenna has a golf match at North Manchester on Saturday, and at Depauw on Sunday and Monday. We'll be on the road! (And working some caches in, too!!)

Star ... she's from Topeka IN

Wulf ...he's from Windsor , Ont. Canada

Our Adopted Daughter in Awsome Ev .. Topeka IN

Star has a Funny looking Little dog (short stubby legs looks like a weiner), a Beautiful Spoiled Golden Retreiver , a Handsome Tom Cat and a Kitten that was a cache find.

Ev and Star know where Bippis is we found caches there and stopped into a local establishment to grab a beverage where the lady asked Ev to sing for her (scary ) .

Ev and Star are also Jealous of Mintaka as he got to meet Patrick and Lead Dog . *scritches Patricks ears* Yes you are a stud.

Happy Belated Birthday to you Pip. Had to work that Sunday Evening so we couldnt make your Party.

RPW you must be Big Mike ? of 13 Graves and a Ghost ? Nice cache anyway. B)

We love geocaching its become an obsession .:D

We are planning on being at the Potowami WildCache Event this weekend and hope to see some of you there !

:D:D:DB)

Hi I'm Awsome Ev- the amish geocacher. I got my name because when I first started caching the first few caches I found without the use of the GPS. Just info that I got from maps. I use to be "the amish geocachers" that was mmy husband and I. He don't cache any more so it is just me. I am from Topeka, IN.

My adopted Mother and Father are Star and Wulf of Team Tigger International.

They adopted me about 5 years ago. HEHE

I to am planning to be at the event this weekend with the children that I babysit for.

:D:D:D;):D

Jenna has a golf match at North Manchester on Saturday,

Pippa, on your way to N. Manchester, dip down to Roanoke (East of Krakatoa, I mean Bippus) and grab my new Graveyard cache! Maybe you will be FTF. I was going to plant another one there too but it was too dark to take pictures. Do a new cache search before you leave. Lead Dog Jr. (Wheel Dog) graduated from MHS and studied one term at the college, but left... Patrick is grumbling and acting weird and muttering something under his breath about wanting to be adopted by Star and Wulf, like Ev... :D

Jenna has a golf match at North Manchester on Saturday,

Pippa, on your way to N. Manchester, dip down to Roanoke (East of Krakatoa, I mean Bippus) and grab my new Graveyard cache! Maybe you will be FTF. I was going to plant another one there too but it was too dark to take pictures. Do a new cache search before you leave. Lead Dog Jr. (Wheel Dog) graduated from MHS and studied one term at the college, but left... Patrick is grumbling and acting weird and muttering something under his breath about wanting to be adopted by Star and Wulf, like Ev... :D

Actually, we go through Roanoke on our way to N. Manchester. We take 469 around the south side, then take Lafayette Center Road into Roanoke. We've gone 'cross-country' from there before, but usually we go up 24 and catch 114. I think I'll try and find your cache! But I'm not counting on being FTF. I've only ever been that one time, and that was my birthday cache a couple of weeks ago, and even then, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be FTF, but I got lucky.

[. I've only ever been that one time, and that was my birthday cache a couple of weeks ago, and even then, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be FTF, but I got lucky.

Pip, Lead dog is downstairs decanting a bottle of cheap wine to drink during the debates, so I'm gonna let you in on a secret, you need to get a real FTF, not one on your birthday cache, and Lead Dog hid one today about a half mile south of where you drive thru Roanoke. he hasn't reported it yet, cause we just got back. Do you have your decoder ring? I'm gonna send you a secret message with secret info so you can find the cache, cause he le=ft me in the car while he was up on the hill, so I barked my brains out, with the hi pitched yip yip yipping cause I knw that irritates him, here he comes, bye!

[.  I've only ever been that one time, and that was my birthday cache a couple of weeks ago, and even then, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be FTF, but I got lucky.

Pip, Lead dog is downstairs decanting a bottle of cheap wine to drink during the debates, so I'm gonna let you in on a secret, you need to get a real FTF, not one on your birthday cache, and Lead Dog hid one today about a half mile south of where you drive thru Roanoke. he hasn't reported it yet, cause we just got back. Do you have your decoder ring? I'm gonna send you a secret message with secret info so you can find the cache, cause he le=ft me in the car while he was up on the hill, so I barked my brains out, with the hi pitched yip yip yipping cause I knw that irritates him, here he comes, bye!

Decoder ring here. Ready to receive code.

Nobody is going to get an unfair advantage. That little dog may be able to type with his nose on a keyboard, but he can't write with a pencil, and that's where all the coordinates are in my notebook. He don't know nuthin'! However there will be at least 4 new caches in the immediate area ready to go by Saturday. Sorry, Pippa, I have to reel the ankle-biter in. :)

*whispers* .... Patrick ... We would be willing to adopt you but you do realize that you would have to share the home with 2 beautiful girl dogs ? The head dog here is a lovely Golden Retreiver and her compainon is a lovely but somewhat funny looking Weiner Dog . ... and two cats .. one is just a kitten.

One more thing , do you really think that LeadDog could manage well without you ... I think he need you really.

Star of Team Tigger International

You guys seem to think Patrick is some cute litte lap dog. If only you knew his true nature. He has you all fooled. He's a big grump. Dragging his sorry butt out of bed in the morning is like trying to baptise a cat. He sleeps all the time, even in the car.

He growls at me every time I try to touch him. The only time he's friendly to me is when I'm eating chips or drinking beer, then he's my best buddy. He was abandoned by at least two former owners and I think that's warped him a bit. He won't let me out of his sight, and wants body contact at all times, but don't pet him! Actually, now that I think about it, he's not all that bad. You can't have him, Ev! Got four new Roanoke area caches in the queue, now...

You guys seem to think Patrick is some cute litte lap dog. If only you knew his true nature. He has you all fooled. He's a big grump. Dragging his sorry butt out of bed in the morning is like trying to baptise a cat. He sleeps all the time, even in the car.

He growls at me every time I try to touch him. The only time he's friendly to me is when I'm eating chips or drinking beer, then he's my best buddy. He was abandoned by at least two former owners and I think that's warped him a bit. He won't let me out of his sight, and wants body contact at all times, but don't pet him! Actually, now that I think about it, he's not all that bad. You can't have him, Ev! Got four new Roanoke area caches in the queue, now...

I never said that I wanted Patrick. I just said that he is cute and would love to meet him. I love dogs. Star thinks that her dogs are just her's well they are mine too. I also have a taco bell dog that she thinks ising one. But, it is She just don't know any different. :lol::):blink:

Hi I'm noclue. I'm from the northeast corner too. Kendallville to be exact. I cache alot with Star "ma" & Wulf of Team TIgger International, and Awsome Ev- the amish geocacher. We have alot of fun. I am still a newbie but I am learning the ropes fairly quickly as Team Tigger and Awsome Ev as my mentors.

Just thought that I would pop in and say HI!

Noclue

Hi I'm noclue. I'm from the northeast corner too. Kendallville to be exact. I cache alot with Star "ma" & Wulf of Team TIgger International, and Awsome Ev- the amish geocacher. We have alot of fun. I am still a newbie but I am learning the ropes fairly quickly as Team Tigger and Awsome Ev as my mentors.

Noclue

Hiya camper! I swing through K-ville on Tuesdays to deliver to the High School and Pizza Forum. Look for a big white truck with "Acorn" on the sides.

...the topic was started so that people could introduce themselves and to tell others where they are physically located in this great state of ours.

OK, we've introduced ourselves, we know how far from Muncie we all are, and we know who knows where Bippus is, May I suggest another tack? How about explaining what our Forum Avatars and/or Screen Names are all about. I know Patrick is interested in knowing about the Malamute in Team Tigger's avatar... I'll start:

A SixDogTeam is six sled dogs(two lead dogs, two team dogs, two wheel dogs) in tandem harness pulling a dogsled, driven by a musher, over ice and snow, one of our hobbies...

This Avatar image is of Lead Dog in his 1830's Voyageur get-up with

Nikita Sergeovich _____, a Malmute-Husky mix from the Huntington Shelter.

Nick was our first full-blooded arctic breed, and altho you can't really see it in the photo he is wearing an antique Canadian c.1900 Gold Rush era dogsled harness--(October is Humane Society of the U.S. "Adopt a Shelter Dog" Month.)

Next Screen Name and Avatar?

Our Team name is Team Tigger International ... because we love all things Tigger

Star is obsessed by Tigger.

The Avatar was made from a picture Wulf found because it kinda represents us and our Screen names of Star and Wulf .. ( our "online" names) . Star loves all the animals she encounters see . We have used the names Star and Wulf for many years.

...the topic was started so that people could introduce themselves and to tell others where they are physically located in this great state of ours.

OK, we've introduced ourselves, we know how far from Muncie we all are, and we know who knows where Bippus is, May I suggest another tack? How about explaining what our Forum Avatars and/or Screen Names are all about. I know Patrick is interested in knowing about the Malamute in Team Tigger's avatar... I'll start:

A SixDogTeam is six sled dogs(two lead dogs, two team dogs, two wheel dogs) in tandem harness pulling a dogsled, driven by a musher, over ice and snow, one of our hobbies...

This Avatar image is of Lead Dog in his 1830's Voyageur get-up with

Nikita Sergeovich _____, a Malmute-Husky mix from the Huntington Shelter.

Nick was our first full-blooded arctic breed, and altho you can't really see it in the photo he is wearing an antique Canadian c.1900 Gold Rush era dogsled harness--(October is Humane Society of the U.S. "Adopt a Shelter Dog" Month.)

Next Screen Name and Avatar?

Ok. me next!!! My Avitar was created by my daddy Wulf.

I like frogs, and I live in Amish country USA! The cammel I don't know exactly where he came from.

Hi I'm noclue.  I'm from the northeast corner too. Kendallville to be exact.  I cache alot with Star "ma" & Wulf of Team TIgger International, and Awsome Ev- the amish geocacher.  We have alot of fun.  I am still a newbie but I am learning the ropes fairly quickly as Team Tigger and Awsome Ev as my mentors.

Noclue

Hiya camper! I swing through K-ville on Tuesdays to deliver to the High School and Pizza Forum. Look for a big white truck with "Acorn" on the sides.

I drive by there almost everyother day or so. I have never really noticed. If I happen to see I will pop by and say HI.

Hi I'm noclue.  I'm from the northeast corner too. Kendallville to be exact.  I cache alot with Star "ma" & Wulf of Team TIgger International, and Awsome Ev- the amish geocacher.  We have alot of fun.  I am still a newbie but I am learning the ropes fairly quickly as Team Tigger and Awsome Ev as my mentors.

Noclue

LOL Torry. Can I look too. I want to say Hi. I babysit Nolcue children. They have gone cachin with me and Noclue and Team Tigger International alot. I just never created them an account. I have now and they are Noclues little shadows.

BUMP!

We;;, it's a good thing nobody in K-Ville tried to flag down the big white "Acorn" truck. ... I wasn't in it! My supervisor took the route and sent me to Warsaw and some central Indiana stops. i was worried all day about someone stopping his truck and telling stories about all the caching I do. ... If the boss only knew....

Well, I'm glad the thread I started is being well used. Glad to see all us Hoosiers are out there hitting it hard. Also seems ithis is a good hangout for some good friends to chat it up. And that's fine with me. So did anyone get any real good caches over the summer? RedNeck Tracking INC. Is heading down to Park County again this weekend for the covered Bridge Festival. I know after last year I said I wouldn't go down the first weekend again, but I can't help it. We just have to go out and geocache and camp. Besides the way the weather has been acting this year I'm not sure how warm it's going to stay. But on this trip it's going to be Squirrel, Old Lady and the newest addition Squaw. Squaw is my girlfriend who I had to drag out to the woods on our first date to go geocaching and she fell in love with it. So this is going to be a good trip. Hopeing to find alot of the new caches that were put out this year down there. Maybe I'll see some fellow cachers while we are down there? Good seeing everyone on here. Take it easy and Keep fresh batteries in your GPS.