2004 Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition

*gln

03/19/04 - 2004 Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition - Planning has started on this 3 day event which is scheduled for March 19-21, 2004 at Hawn State Park in Ste. Genevieve, MO. An Event Cache page will be created as soon as several items are finalized, hopefully within the next few weeks.

Oh, for the record, EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE is invited..

see....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae0ebd7c-1900-4f41-b310-a102ed90edc4

hope y'all can make it..

**Glenn, St. Louis, Mo

Missouri Geocachers Assoc. (MoGeo) www.MoGeo.com and

SLAGALogo.gif

[This message was edited by *gln on October 04, 2003 at 06:59 AM.]

Well rats, sorry about the messed up map. We hired a real nice map maker.. he aint good but he's real cheap. :-) Lets keep this thread a little closer on the topic of the event. If ya want to start a new thread to discuss the mystery of the moving land masses or something thats OK but lets keep this spot clear for the event. Thanks so much for y'alls cooperation.

glenn

gc.com admin

States on the image are just a clipart I found. We want anyone and everyone to join us regardless where you are located and regardless where the map shows..

I take it that those in this forum are ready to compete? Come as a team.. Don't get hung up on the images produced, get hung up on the challenge itself.. I promise it will be a super fun event! A lot of hard work has gone into planning this..

Mike (The Map Challenged Guy)

Mike

The Brawny Bear

<< Member : St. Louis Area Geocachers Association (SLAGA) >>

quote:
Originally posted by 9Key:

Texas will be bring a small contingent of cachers.

What's the weather like in Missouri that time of year? Is camping viable?

http://www.keenpeople.com/stats/

March in Missouri is the month more sweaters are packed and then pulled out again, packed again and pulled out again.. This is a Missouri ritual. The weather here can be anywhere from freezing to 60. Most often it will have some kinda moisture associated with it.

Camping is doable if you have the right gear. I will be camping. In a tent with a 10x20 Fly next to me. I have a power site for the heat if needed. I sleep out quite often though. Especially in the winter so I have the equipment. There are some nice camping sites in the park but I would make reservations early..

Mike

Mike

The Brawny Bear

I have been working all day to get the MIGC Event manual and registration info on line. The Manual is located here if anyone would like to read it. http://www.mogeo.com/migc__manual.htm

Spread the word, this event is open to everyone. Maybe i will announce it to a few other regains and you can compete, state against state.

Glenn

**Glenn, St. Louis, Mo

Missouri Geocachers Assoc. (MoGeo) www.MoGeo.com and

[This message was edited by *gln on October 23, 2003 at 05:47 PM.]

Just to let everyone know, there is no fee for paypal as it was originally listed...

We have changed the event manual and should have the update out shortly.

Online registration should be up and going by the end of this coming weekend. I will post a notice when it is finished and ready to go..

Thanks!

Mike

The Brawny Bear