LAB CACHE

LDove

yes, after the lab cache is created, you will have a URL link for that lab. You copy the URL and send it to the person intended. You can write it down on a piece of paper, text it to them, email, however you like.

I forget where on the page you will have the URL to give out, but it is there somewhere.

So my lab cache was a success for the person who found it. The only way I knew they found it was she sent me a personal e-mail. I was under the impression that we both got some sort of a smiley or icon or something to show. Hoping we did not do something wrong. Any comments on the 'after' - it sounds like the hider gets diddly squat for all their work... <_<

LOL well of course I know that - or I would not have done it. :laughing: I just thought if Groundspeak is trying to promote this, and I do like the idea, it would be nice to have something to see on my history that I did it or read the log, etc... When I go to that page to read the logs, I get nothin' so I don't get to read what she wrote either - at least I have not been able to yet.

it sounds like the hider gets diddly squat for all their work... <_<

You get the satisfaction of bringing a smile to someone's face.

That's why I created mine. They loved it!

The hider gets no stat for lab cache they make but they get to test out a new idea. I missed the idea on this test when I put a rough draft together and found out later I could not edit. The lab cache was no where near ready but already in its final form. I ended up just sending the keyword and link to cacher and they logged from home.

Could somebody elaborate as to what a lab cache is supposes to be? My idea was really just a glorified multi so I am not sure what the difference is. I will also assume the builder was overly basic for the test and the final builder will have more options for individual design.

I missed the idea on this test when I put a rough draft together and found out later I could not edit.

I edited mine several times. Perhaps I did it before "publishing" it? I don't recall now.

Could somebody elaborate as to what a lab cache is supposes to be? My idea was really just a glorified multi so I am not sure what the difference is.

Lab caches are a general umbrella. The I <3 Geocaching Lab Cache could be anything you wanted it to be - a glorified multi, simply handing someone a code and telling them to log it, something really elaborate and creative, ending in a code to log, etc. The possibilities were almost endless. All that limited us was our own creativity or lack thereof, local laws, common sense, and a 1000-character limit in the description. :laughing:

Finder got the icon and enjoyed the hide. He likes difficult hides so I made it so. I was really disappointed tho that I did not get an icon as hider. What would be wrong with that? It really doesn't make much sense that the hider didn't get credit for participating in the experiment. Was fun tho.

Finder got the icon and enjoyed the hide. He likes difficult hides so I made it so. I was really disappointed tho that I did not get an icon as hider. What would be wrong with that? It really doesn't make much sense that the hider didn't get credit for participating in the experiment. Was fun tho.

Yes, I was disappointed too. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that.