Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirDonB

Class for Trackables

Hi everyone, I have a thread in another section about the same topic, but wanted to post here as well. Different folks have differnt ideas.

The concept: A 30-60 min class about trackables

Areas covered: General Intro/Overview, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs/Tags, Personal Sig Items

I am looking to host an event to highlight trackables some time in the spring-summer in my area. I want to give a class at that event about trackables and how to identify them, log them, etiquitte, and a few other points and topics. It is of concern amoung those of the geocaching community that participate in the side game of trackables when they turn up missing or are not logged properly. We realize that a cache that has some in it that has been vandelized/muggled, there is not much we can do beyond hope. But for all the other cases, we would like to pass on some knowledge about them to those who are willing to listen.

If you have any teaching tips, tricks or advice, please feel free to post it here. If you have any ideas to add to the topics for the class please post them here (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=319735).

I have taught a few classes in the past, but it has been a number of years. I am always open to new ideas to keep the material fun and engaging.

Thanks in advance to any and all who post here.

Hi everyone, I have a thread in another section about the same topic, but wanted to post here as well. Different folks have differnt ideas.

The concept: A 30-60 min class about trackables

Areas covered: General Intro/Overview, GeoCoins, Travel Bugs/Tags, Personal Sig Items

I am looking to host an event to highlight trackables some time in the spring-summer in my area. I want to give a class at that event about trackables and how to identify them, log them, etiquitte, and a few other points and topics. It is of concern amoung those of the geocaching community that participate in the side game of trackables when they turn up missing or are not logged properly. We realize that a cache that has some in it that has been vandelized/muggled, there is not much we can do beyond hope. But for all the other cases, we would like to pass on some knowledge about them to those who are willing to listen.

If you have any teaching tips, tricks or advice, please feel free to post it here. If you have any ideas to add to the topics for the class please post them here (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=319735).

I have taught a few classes in the past, but it has been a number of years. I am always open to new ideas to keep the material fun and engaging.

Thanks in advance to any and all who post here.

Is this a school class?

This forum is for teachers, etc. It's not meant for "general geocaching" topics involving adults, as far as I understand.

I think one thread for a topic is more than sufficient, and it's mentioned in the Forum Guidelines:

8. Spam: Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spamming and may result in a restriction on future forum posting privileges. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.

B.

Closing the post. This is a duplicate post.

Mark Case

Education Forum Moderator

Edited by markcase