Mission sent : 24-03-2014

Mission arrived : 01-04-2014

Mission received : 25-03-2014

Email sent : 08-03-2014

Name received :10-03-2014

Mission arrived :01-04-2014

Both my missions are complete. Thanx and till nest mission !

Mission arrived : 01-04-2014

Mission arrived :01-04-2014

Both my missions are complete. Thanx and till nest mission !

Hope you'll be hanging around until all the missiosn are received :drama:

e-mail sent: 2/17/14

Name received: 3/10/14

Mission sent: 3/18/14

Mission arrived: 3/22/14 - to JoenSue

Mission received: 4/2/14 - from Shadow's Friend

Mission arrived: 3/27/14 - to Ouestcharly

Mission received:

While waiting for the last mission segment to arrive, I decided I might visit Canada.

Almost got there ... then changed my mind ...

29de6600-f457-4824-9037-53757100e914.jpg

and decided to return home to wait for the last mission arrival ... :rolleyes::drama: :drama:

Mission arrived: 3/22/14 - to JoenSue

Mission received: 4/2/14 - from Shadow's Friend

Mission arrived: 3/27/14 - to Ouestcharly

Mission received:

While waiting for the last mission segment to arrive, I decided I might visit Canada.

and decided to return home to wait for the last mission arrival ... :rolleyes::drama: :drama:

Try Montreal next time. And don't worry, we also speak English :anibad:

-mission status snipped-

Try Montreal next time. And don't worry, we also speak English :anibad:

Researching True Facts about Montreal - "montréalais" (or "montréalaise" in the feminine form.)

You might be from Montreal if:

1. You think of Ottawa as the midwest.

2. You think it’s your God-given right to run down pedestrians when you turn right on a yellow.

3. You think there are only 25 letters in the alphabet (no T’s).

4. You think three straight days of 90+ temperatures is a heat wave.

5. All your pets are named after former Habs greats.

6. You refer to 6 inches of snow as a “dusting.”

7. Just hearing the word “Toronto” puts you in an angry mood.

8. You don’t think you have an attitude.

9. You always take a quick left as soon as the light turns green, and oncoming traffic always expects it.

10. Everything in town – at least everything you care about – is a seven dollar cab ride away.

11. When out of town, you think the locals from the area are all hopelessly provincial. Including when you go to another big city.

12. You still can’t bear to watch highlights from game 7 of the 1981 LCS, or to think about the strike in ’94.

13. You have no idea how to spell the word compromise, let alone what it means.

14. You believe using your turn signal is a sign of weakness.

15. You don’t realize that you drive twice as fast as everyone else.

16. You’re self-indulgent, extravagant, jaded and pessimistic.

17. You think if someone is nice to you, they must be looking for a vote. Or spare change.

18. C’est quoi un adjective?

19. You think the ocean starts near Miami.

20. You think Trudeau AND Parizeau are misunderstood.

21. You don’t give a darn who stole Brother André’s heart.

22. You haven’t been carded since age 14, anywhere.

23. You only eat stimés during a Habs game ‘haldress’.

24. You think that if someone never goes out after work they must be hopelessly square, or ill.

When Montrealers say / They mean…

beezarre = odd

fleurs = roses, etc.

édemi = 30 minutes after the hour

Ça va? = How are you?

bien = OK, or very, extremely

ben bon = superb

ben fou = silly

ben oui = of course

vous = you, plural OR polite if you’re really from France

poutine – soul food

How Montrealers will know you weren’t born there:

You wear a hat before January. Or after January, for that matter.

You cross at a crosswalk.

You ask directions to “Club Supersexe” or “Shay Paree”.

You follow the Leafs.

You eat on Ste-Catherines.

You don’t know that “Avenue des Pins” is pronounced “Pine” and

“Boul St-Laurent” is pronounced “The Main”.

You call it Carré St-Louis, not Square St-Louis. Note: many do not know this, but “square” is also an archaic French word, and the official name of this lovely small park, even in French, is “Square St-Louis”

Getting around in Montreal:

Much of Montreal was at one point a red light district. In fact most of it was, at one time or another. Therefore all the streets in many neighbourhoods are one way, and most of the time you simply can’t get from there to here, at least by car. Take a cab or walk.

Which Clark Street do you want? We have two Clark(e) Streets (at least), and about a half dozen streets etc. named after Saint Catherine.

Pay no attention to the street names. The names aren’t what you call them anyhow, except for University, which is still English after 30 years of francization.

You can’t rent a room at Hotel de Ville no matter how tired you are. And Avenue de l’Hotel-de-Ville is nowhere near it, really.

St. doesn’t mean street. It means Saint.

If Boul Réné-Levesque has mysteriously turned into Dorchester, you’re in Westmount. You can speak English now.

All highways are referred to by number, even if the sign says it’s something else, including another number. The 40 runs on the north, the 20 on the south, the 15 up the middle, all the way to the ski hill. None of them are the Trans-Canada, even if they’re all marked as such.

The North-East-South-West thing:

Montreal West is East of the West Island. Westmount is further East than Montreal West. The South Shore is that strip mall you pass on the way to Burlington VT. The Eastern Townships are to the South of Montreal. Mile End hasn’t been at the end of anything in 100 years. Mont Royal is actually a just a hill. But the Plateau really is a plateau, as you’ll learn when you go out on a bike or inline skates.

Things not to do:

1. Don’t snicker when someone tells you they’ll pass at 8.

2. Don’t look quizzical when someone asks you to close the lights. They’re asking you to turn them off.

3. Don’t neglect to buy fire insurance if you live on the Plateau in Mile End in Rosemont.

4. Don’t get all weird about the Gay Pride parade, aka Divers/Cité. It’s one of the biggest events of the summer. Nuns enjoy it.

5. Don’t tell someone that you think converting a church into condos is sacrilegious. They might well live in one. And some condo conversions aren’t ‘gentrification’, they are the removal of long-protested, heavily-polluting textile factories in residential areas.

6. Don’t say “when does it take off?” or otherwise make fun of Olympic Stadium. They’ve heard them all before, and it causes them deep sorrow at least once a year. Usually when they find out the Quebec government is still running a deficit.

7. Don’t expect that anyone will know which bridge is which. No one knows. It is unknowable.

Things you should know:

Just cause someone’s English doesn’t mean their family was rich. They might be Irish, in which case their family were very poor AND Catholic, and from Griffintown or St-Henri.

High School starts in grade 7 and ends in grade 11.

Highway 20 has stoplights. Seriously.

It’s the ‘Spos, the Habs, and the Als. The Habs are the best sports team ever.

Basketball, hockey, and football were all introduced to North America by Montrealers. If you enjoy any of these sports, you owe a debt to Montreal. You can buy them beers to repay.

The underground train is not a subway. It’s the metro. The subway is in Toronto, and it sucks compared to Montreal.

There’s another train that goes right under the mountain.

I'll give Montreal some thought ... any la mise en cache events soon ... ???

I have been lurking here for awhile now and enjoying the pictures. Claire I LOVE that snow bunny!! Now I actually have something to report. Awhile ago I bought my cards and because I hadn't decided which coin to send I put them away in a safe spot. Well you know what that means -- it was a really, really safe spot and the cards remain there to this day. (Unfortunately one is for my mother too :( ) I finally decided to do other cards and get them sent out and that is what I did earlier this week.

I had ordered some items and got several bubble mailers. I just started to open them without a thought that any could be my missions. BUT I do admit that if I had realized that I would have opened them anyway and would not have waited until Easter. :laughing:

I received great missions from ouestcharly and Tarra & Co. Love them all! AND I know this was hard to do but I didn't have either of the coins. :lol: Thanks so much!

From ouestcharly

daf0c45f-a9ed-4c86-b4ff-4396cd9bad3c.jpg

From Tarra & Co

b14ca8d5-96e0-40f3-8d18-1974f92ef0ed.jpg?rnd=0.313728

Mission #1

Email sent: 3-2-14

Name received: 3-9-14

Mission sent: 4-2-14

Mission arrived:

Mission received: 4-5-14

Mission #2

Email sent: 3-2-14

Mission sent: 4-2-14

Mission arrived:

Mission received: 4-5-14

So went out to my mail box today and retrieved a package that had EBay on it.... Which was weird because I haven't ordered anything from Ebay... I open it and Whats this?... My Last Easter Mission!!! I was fooled into opening it I was going to wait..... I swear.... :anicute:

imagejpeg_24_zps7e6b4a78.jpg

imagejpeg_23_zpsdf439d8c.jpg

THANK YOU LadyBee4T!! A Beautiful coin and a sig tag!!! Love the card anddddd a Bison all ready to go and hide:) Happy Easter!!!

Email sent: 2/17/14

Name received:3/10/14

Mission sent:3/12/14

Mission arrived:(Glad it made it to dofferson)

Mission received:3/24/14 (Thank you Laura aka imoutnabout) :anicute:

Email sent: 2/17/14

Name received:3/10/14

Mission sent:3/12/14

Mission arrived:

Mission received:4/5/14 (Thanks LadyBee4T) :D

Edited by TrinIzzyCar

Email sent: 02/18/14

Name received: 03/10/14

Mission sent: 03/18/14

Mission arrived:

Mission received: 03/15/14

Oh, my...I'm starting to get nervous again as my mission still hasn't arrived at its destination? Others who sent to the same country only took 10 days and it's going on 18 days since I sent it. Sigh.... :sad:

So went out to my mail box today and retrieved a package that had EBay on it.... Which was weird because I haven't ordered anything from Ebay... I open it and Whats this?... My Last Easter Mission!!! I was fooled into opening it I was going to wait..... I swear.... :anicute:

-large photos snipped-

THANK YOU LadyBee4T!! A Beautiful coin and a sig tag!!! Love the card anddddd a Bison all ready to go and hide:) Happy Easter!!!

"I was going to wait..... I swear.... " ... <<< yeah ... sure you were ... :signalviolin: :signalviolin: :signalviolin:

What a song-n-dance ... :laughing:

-large photos snipped-

"I was going to wait..... I swear.... " ... <<< yeah ... sure you were ... :signalviolin: :signalviolin: :signalviolin:

What a song-n-dance ... :laughing:

:ninja:

Just a few days to busy to check this thread, and there you go, my mission arrived at destination...

Email sent: 17.2.14

Name received: 10.3.14

Mission sent: 13.3.14

Mission arrived: 3.4.14

Mission received: 25.3.14

Glad, it was liked, happy with my card and coins and a huge THANK YOU for organising the fun!

So my mission is fullfilled at both ends.

I got a surprise today. Someone is very happy with the missions I am hosting and he sent me this card and a very nice geocoin. Very thoughtful :wub:

SAM_4536_1.jpg

Am I right to think the mystery sender's name begins with D and ends with N? I have a doubt after seeing the same coin in an other card :anibad:

Thanks a lot to you my friend!

Mission sent: 3-15-14

Mission arrived: 3-17-14

Mission received: 4-8-14

my sympathies to s.f.g. for getting stuck with me on 2 missions in a row, but I wonder if the card was sent as some form of revenge...

38025e10-934f-4fc9-9bd6-e59b411f957a_zps1e9f2a93.jpg

3bb1b58c-9073-44e7-a22c-a06ea9f3b0ca_zpsb5f4257d.jpg

anyway, thank you s.f.g. for another great mission !

ILYK

ILYL

edited to add thanks to laval for another great mission

Edited by drneal

my sympathies to s.f.g. for getting stuck with me on 2 missions in a row, but I wonder if the card was sent as some form of revenge...

ILYK

ILYL

I swear I had the card before your name got emailed to me. Also big thanks to Toojin for the assist on this one!

Email sent : Feb 25, 2014

Name Received : Mar 9, 2014

Mission Sent : Mar 27, 2014

Mission Arrived : Apr 10, 2014

Mission Received : Apr 10, 2014

Got a lovely looking manila envelope in the mailbox today. Thanks Geocharmer81! I am going to try to behave for another week. I will post photos of the pretties next weekend or sooner if I can't take it and break down!

Email sent : Feb 25, 2014

Name Received : Mar 9, 2014

Mission Sent : Mar 27, 2014

Mission Arrived : Apr 10, 2014

Mission Received : Apr 10, 2014

Got a lovely looking manila envelope in the mailbox today. Thanks Geocharmer81! I am going to try to behave for another week. I will post photos of the pretties next weekend or sooner if I can't take it and break down!

I'm glad "George" made his way to you!!! I hope you didn't squeeze him too hard!!! :lol:

:)

Email sent: 2/21/14

Mission sent: 3/10/14

Mission arrived at destination: 3/17/14

Mission received: 4/11/14

Yeah!!! My Easter mission arrived today and what a great surprise it was. Two beautiful coins, a pt, and a very nice Easter card. Thank you very much kini_ont for the great gifts (perfect choice) and Thank you Laval K-9 for hosting this fun mission. Happy Easter everybody!!!

http://rs1281.pbsrc.com/albums/a516/runninbear1/DSCN01434.jpg~c200[/img]

ILYK

ILYL

I swear I had the card before your name got emailed to me. Also big thanks to Toojin for the assist on this one!

sure you did

Edited by drneal

ILYK

ILYL

sure you did

Did he or didn't he? :laughing:

THANKS to the Haapt girls for the great turtle geocoin and the lovely Easter card

LOVE it!!!!!

Happy Easter to you

image.jpg

Name received:03/10/14 :D

Mission sent: 03/25/14 :lol:

Mission arrived: 03/31/14 :rolleyes:

Mission received: 04/10/14 :P

Mission complete. Thanks Claire for another Great mission!!!! :) :) :lol: :lol:

Edited by Turlutortue

Well, yesterday I received a beautiful card from Turlutortue in Canada. I waited approximately 30s before reaching for the nearest pair of scissors and getting into it. I was much surprised by 2 older personal coins, HorseGeeks and Beamer, and 2 nifty path tags! The HorseGeeks coin has 2 great looking sides. Both could be the front. I searched the Beamer coin to find out it was a replica of a coiner's favorite Beamer snowboard. Love them both. Thanks so much Turlutortue!!

63bfcaea-2734-4655-a088-67866a3fde64.jpgfece56fe-1ad5-4e59-8acf-66e06c0807e5.jpg

b91b9b15-5433-4100-a8f7-c39dafd2d0e2.jpg

Would it be possible to do another Easter Mission for those of us who couldn't even wait until April? cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Brad

Email sent: 3/7/14

Mission sent: 3/20/14

Mission arrived: 3/31/14

Mission received: 3/25/14

Noah

Email sent: 3/7/14

Mission sent: 3/20/14

Mission arrived: 3/30/14

Mission received: 3/31/14

Time to watch all the others post now. I'll continue to enjoy from the sideline.

Thanks Claire for another GREAT mission!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Glad it arrived safely and you like them.Happy Easter

THANKS to the Haapt girls for the great turtle geocoin and the lovely Easter card

LOVE it!!!!!

Happy Easter to you

image.jpg

Name received:03/10/14 :D

Mission sent: 03/25/14 :lol:

Mission arrived: 03/31/14 :rolleyes:

Mission received: 04/10/14 :P

Mission complete. Thanks Claire for another Great mission!!!! :) :) :lol: :lol:

Yay! We are glad it made it there! We hope this is a turtle coin you didn't have. Happy Easter! :smile:

Received word that my "Mission Sent" had arrived this week, possibly my recipient isn't sure of how to post pictures or is very busy, hope they do.

Email sent: February 23, 2014

Name received: March 10, 2014

Mission sent: April 2, 2014 should arrive in 10-14 days

Mission arrived: April 10, 2014

Mission received: April 3, 2014

That's it for me, thanks Claire for hosting this mission again.

Received word that my "Mission Sent" had arrived this week, possibly my recipient isn't sure of how to post pictures or is very busy, hope they do.

They did. Sort of.

html is tricky, you miss just some strange taps and everything is scrambled...

Yeah!!! My Easter mission arrived today and what a great surprise it was. Two beautiful coins, a pt, and a very nice Easter card. Thank you very much kini_ont for the great gifts (perfect choice) and Thank you Laval K-9 for hosting this fun mission. Happy Easter everybody!!!

DSCN01434.jpg

They did. Sort of.

html is tricky, you miss just some strange taps and everything is scrambled...

DSCN01434.jpg

Thank You for the help :D ... I really tried but that was the best I could come up with, I really don't know how to post a picture yet ... :blink:

Hi all,

Sorry for my so late reply and update ...

I was away in China for 3 weeks on business (and personal) so I didn't have time to send everything prior to my departure ...

Now, everything is sent out, and I also have received my gifts :)

Email sent : 07-03-2014 (I think ?!)

Mission sent : 13-04-2014

Mission arrived : TBD

Mission received : During my 3 weeks in China !

Thank you TrinIzzyCar !!!

Hi all,

Sorry for my so late reply and update ...

I was away in China for 3 weeks on business (and personal) so I didn't have time to send everything prior to my departure ...

Now, everything is sent out, and I also have received my gifts :)

Email sent : 07-03-2014 (I think ?!)

Mission sent : 13-04-2014

Mission arrived : TBD

Mission received : During my 3 weeks in China !

Thank you TrinIzzyCar !!!

YAY glad it arrived and hope you had fun on your trip!!

My mission was sent on March 13th and it still hasn't arrived... :unsure:

Just hoping it won't be the first coin send by me to get lost in the mail.

I feel for you! I sent my out on March 18th (to the Netherlands) and still don't know if it has arrived. Sigh...

Good luck to both of us!

WOW!!! i received my first mission Coins!! Thanks a lots to Lorca.nl (bruno)

Really love ALL metal Coins!!!!

57a21f55-37ff-478e-9058-4e1b4d72767a.jpg

e-mail sent: 18/02/2014

Name received: 10/03/2014

Mission sent: 18/03/2014

Mission arrived: 27/03/2014 (Completed!)

Mission received: 16/04/2014

e-mail sent: 18/02/2014

Name received: 10/03/2014

Mission sent: 18/03/2014

Mission arrived: 01/04/2014

Mission received:

Edited by FrogMastr